1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 1 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tortuegeniale

tortuegeniale What's a Dremel?

sorry but when i see this hsf with curvy lines and chrome.. :blush:

anyway awesome work.. u can win all the contests u will enter :clap:

hope u r better now

2. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

Nice G-Gnome, now what are you gonna do put techflex and showerhose in your toothbrush and mod it all out :lol:
    J/K
    Hahah just saw what you said at the botum of that post, nice one lol :p

3. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Yeah - I'm exactly the same - Cuuuurrrves ... chrroooooommmme ... *drools* ... :brrr: :)

(I was in hospital getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out so not feeling too good ATM but getting better each day. Cheers :) )

4. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle What's a Dremel?

Hi all.

Long time reader, first time poster.

Wow. Orac 3 is a thing of beauty and I can't wait to see how it all turns out, especially the stealthed motherboard (are we going to see the waterblocks poking through a chrome container? The water lit up with LEDs? Whatever it is I am sure it will be worth the wait).

Just one question - I hope this hasn't been asked before. The original Orac had a removable power-switch without which it was useless. Are you planning something similar?

Cheers Mr Gnome,

Lord Summerisle

5. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

welcome to the forums lord summerisle!

G-gnome... one question for you. Is the next update going to be the last? Part of me hopes yes, because I want to see this beauty in all it's glory, but part of me screams NO!! it's like a drug. I want to use the last of the stash for the feeling, but I don't want to run out, if you know what I mean. Watching this case come along has been absolutely stunning. I have learned not only about modding, but science and all sorts of other things, just to find out why this did that, or how this will affect that thingie over there. Ever since I founf the sticky of the first part, my brain has been kind of numb.

ALL HAIL G_GNOME, MASTER OF THE ORAC!!!!!

:rock: :clap: :brrr: :jawdrop: :thumb:

6. phAiel

phAiel What's a Dremel?

first i want to say amzaing mod so for, i just want to see the whole iceberg when its done
    :brrr:

i joined this forum just to make one comment, mercury cooling :D , think about it...transfers heat better than water, and it would work perfectly with your whole theme...just get some reinforced tubing (steel interlacing) and dump some mercury in that bad boy and watch that shinning beauty run through your tubes. only a coulple problems, its poisonous so you are going to have to wear a resperator and gloves when putting it in, and everything has to be sealed perfectly...lastly mercury is really heavy so those tubes might have to be supported...

i just think that would be the crowning glory to this mod, but i bet you have something better already dreamed up

7. AmbientShadow

AmbientShadow What's a Dremel?

Whoops

Yeah, you're right. for some idiotic reason I had it in my head at time of posting that you were only watercooling the CPU hehe :D

8. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

:lol:

I have learned much form this post, thank you very much. G-gnome is a great modder I can see.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

9. jusD.au

jusD.au What's a Dremel?

jus had to register !

" Go you good thing ! "

D.

10. Snitch

Snitch Supremodder

DUDE!!!!!

Thats just sweet!

G-gnome i luv you!
    :worried: uh i luv your work

11. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

Hey G-gnome just found a small grammatical error (The holes I drilled in my chrome junction boxes have 19mm holes) I thought maybe you would want to know about it so you could fix it.

12. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

You're kidding, right? (that was posted 3 months ago dude) :eyebrow:

Please tell me you didn't seriously think that it required a post in this (different) thread? :rolleyes:

------------------------------------

Anyway, whilst on the subject of grammar...
    ...is actually saying that I (as in G-gnome) just found the 'error' when surely you were meaning that you had just found an 'error'? Add a comma and a capital 'I' and you would then have correct grammar, like so...
    You could also do with a full stop after your closed brackets as you are starting a second sentence and use the words "I thought that you would want to know etc."

I'd be happy to go through all your other posts Vcdman and point out poor word choice, spelling and grammatical errors, but that would be rather rude, given the public nature of these forums. I think an email would be more appropriate if I was really concerned (which I'm not).

:blah:

13. Complexity

Complexity What's a Dremel?

Hi again G-gnome...

Could you please tell me where you are getting your Electroplating done and could you give me a general idea of the cost involved? I want to get a piece of metal that I have electroplated. I have found two places, one local in Lane Cove and one a little farther in Artarmon.

I think you're based in Sydney right?? And please excuse me if an answer to this question is prevalent in this thread already, I've been reading most of the log, as I said in my past post, but I may have missed it.

Thanks

- Complexity.

14. Creekin

Creekin What's a Dremel?

Complexity,
    i am also in Lane Cove...and have had stuff done by the guy in artarmon (whiting st) i have his PH if u want..

i didnt know there was also one one in LC...

the guy in artarmon is GREAT...prices depend on size of part generally....
    but i can HIGHLY recommend him (forgot his name, was a while ago) he was very helpfull and answered a TON of Qs....

15. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Hi Complexity!

I'm based in Newcastle. Metal parts were done at Hamilton Chrome (whitepages search should bring it up). Prices for metal 30-75 each piece depending on what it is, how much prep work etc. - you'd really need to call them for a quote as it varies so much.

www.bronzingstudio.com.au in sydney did the plastic parts. Triple the cost roughly from metal to plastic plating.

Give the places you mentioned a call and see how you go. Places that do general plating and custom car or motorbike parts seem to do a better job than pure industrial electroplaters (as the custom bike crowd demand a high standard as the plating is for show as opposed to protective chrome for industrial parts).

Hope that helps. :)

16. Complexity

Complexity What's a Dremel?

Thanks G-gnome!! You have been a great help!

17. Brundlefly

Brundlefly What's a Dremel?

...I'm impressed...

...I just signed up, cause I had to say something...

...I've been reading this thread(s) since the first link at [HARD]OCP was posted. and took the time to read through everything. I was about 300 posts late, but read them all. My wife, who is not a geek like me, was impressed when I got her to take a look at what you are doing. What you have done/are doing is awesome, and inspiring, well done, exceptionally done, you, and your creativity, rock!!!... :^)

...My new system will be bought with my income tax refund, and I have already decided to go with the shower hoses to cover my wiring, just cause that is too cool, I love how that looks, what a rush. I don't have the artistic talent to do what you've done, but I will you use what I can to clean up the inside of my case. I'm a NASCAR fan, and going with a Dale Earnhardt Senior theme on my case, but was concerned about the innards when I cut a #3 in the side, your shower hose deal cured my prob, thank you very much, I should have it done by mid-summer. All props to those who inspire/help me will be given, you especially. It won't be anywhere near what you've done, but it will be mine, thanks for the idea/concept, and I hope to learn more from others, as I need/intend to cruise more threads in here.. :^)

...although I've been hangin out in this thread, cause I'm hooked like everyone else, I will look around in here and get painting/plexi/dremel tips, from those who know, this is a cool forum, with people that are willing to help, I like it :rock:

...although I look forward to your finished box, in another way, I'll be disappointed, the anticipation has been killing me, but I love it, each update rocks. I almost hate to see it finished, kinda like a real good fight that goes to the cards, call it a draw, nobody won, I wanna see a re-match, heh heh heh... :clap:

...anyhow, been biting my tongue for quite some time now, but had to say: stellar job. If ORAC_3 wouldn't even post when yur done, I'd still be impressed, heh heh heh... :wallbash:

...I do have one question...

...where is your wife going to let you put it when it's done? I know I'd want it front and center in my livingroom, heh heh heh... :thumb:

:dremel:

Last edited: 28 Nov 2003
  18. Thumperup

Thumperup What's a Dremel?

Very nice I really like it

19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Hi G-gnome, got to admit this is one awesome case. Can't wait to see what it'll look like when it's finished. :rock:

20. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

I doubt that a modder of G-gnomes caliber would have such problems :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.