1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

The price of cars and availability of car parts in my country...

Can't buy fast cars, can't make your car fast. Maddening.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

It's okay, we support your decision to... what are we supporting exactly?

Just saw it: having new favourites after just about ten years here? That's whack, bruh.

3. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Pah, ten years I can do on my head, I've been at the other place far longer.
    I come here to excersise the tiny bit of geek in me, the other place is everything else, and whilst it was annoying to hear it was going the more I ponder on it the more bummed I am.

Weird how a few 1's n 0's can become a second home and massive extended family.

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I’m a fat ****...

This time last year I was smashing down serious health regime eventually getting down and into the upper 12st mark. I quite quickly got cocky thinking I could switch the plan up overnight and turn into some Adonis when in reality I quickly enjoyed the eating part and less of the exercise part... oops

I’m now edging towards 16st the heaviest I’ve personally been a year later and feeling it for sure. Everything feels like effort. My gut and tits press against my shirt, my jeans can barely contain my ass and I’m pretty sure I’ve broken the sofa falling into it like the sack of **** I am.

Being ‘skinny fat’ I don’t get away with being slightly larger overall. I just get larger in a few unflattering spots.

I’m joining the work gym next week, here’s to 3 months of hating food!

5. satisfiedwimp

satisfiedwimp Minimodder

it's probably the coronavirus, it's ruining everyone's life right now

6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Post is useless without pics!

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

After the latest government emission ... "statment"... work have decided that everyone should work from home. I mean... it's a technology company, I don't need to physically be there to do my job - I can do Teams video conferences instead of meetings, I have a corporate laptop, and I have full remote access.

Why is it ruining my life?

Because who has two thumbs and has just realised that they left their glasses at the office? Yep, this ****ing guy right ****ing here.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

People being ******s and buying all of the food, and all of a sudden ordering loads of stuff online and screwing over people like me. I can't get a food delivery until 2nd April. Do people think eating is the cure? FFS.

I'm going to have to go to my mother's. That, run out of food or end up for murder for venturing into a supermarket.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Apparently people thing crapping is the cure, judging by the lack of bogroll at all the supermarkets we went to this evening.

10. Vault-Tec

I wouldn't mind, but being in a packed supermarket with other selfish twats will only increase their chances of catching it.

Reminds me of my old Tshirt. "Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large numbers".

IanW and kim like this.
  11. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

If you think of how dumb the average person is, remember that half of the world population is even dumber.

(Paraphrasing the late, great George Carlin)

IanW likes this.
  12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Virgin had a forum for students a fair old while ago now. I was immensely sad when it closed.

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

goldstar0011 likes this.
  14. Vault-Tec

I ordered my shopping last week. It's coming next week. I ordered mum's last night when the site finally recovered, it's coming on the third of April.

Even her tiny little town has panicked. Some idiot put on Facebook that her local cheap place had loads of toilet roll and pasta. It was literally raided about an hour later. Poor woman looked terribly flustered.

Could you imagine how these people would react if they were called up for WW3?

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Last week I was doing my usual weekly shop. I wanted some lasagne pasta for the lasagne I typically make on weekends. Nope.

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Just replace the lasagne sheets with oil grilled aubergine and have yourself a moussaka.

Pete J likes this.
  17. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

As some of you know, i work in Food Retail, Waitrose infact. It's been insane for the past 2 weeks now. It started off as Loo Roll, Hand Wash etc, but it's spreading to EVERY thing else like wildfire. Shopping habits are VERY similar to Christmas, The major difference is we have months to prepare for Christmas, not hours.

If you shop in-store, Be prepared to get half of your intended list. If you shop online, Then be prepared for 75% of that list (And that WILL fall)

All i ask is, Be kind, We are doing everything we can, From the shop floor, to Distribution and beyond.

Ta very much :thumb:

Sam

Isitari, IanW, Byron C and 4 others like this.
  18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I went to Wellington Waitrose this morning, minutes after opening, whilst my wife went to the butcher. It was surprisingly quiet and people were just buying what they needed. Unfortunately, the idiot with the failing memory forgot to buy bog rolls. :duh: Good thing we have enough to last until we go to Lidl next week.

19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'll let you in on a little secret - wet wipes. Much more efficient and you only need a sheet or two of bog roll to dry off.

Don't go and start a panic buy for wet wipes now...

goldstar0011 likes this.
  20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

But do not, under any circumstances, flush 'em. Not even the ones that claim to be flushable.

Fingers66, Weekly_Estimate and adidan like this.