1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Maybe the Corona Virus outbreak is actually just a big conspiracy invented so that we can find out who the true c*nts are and murder them? :idea:

perplekks45, yuusou, IanW and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Suffocate them with thier toilet paper, my wife suggests.

Pete J likes this.
  3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just got back from Costco (limit of 1 per member on most food items, including multipacks). Also 99.9p unleaded.
    The shocking thing I heard there was that people are also panic buying chest freezers to put all their other plunder into.

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I was speaking to someone yesterday who said they were in IKEA mid week and they'd sold out of desks

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Thank god mum knows how to use Amazon.

[​IMG]

That was middle of the queue in "oldies hour" down here yesterday. That's Sainsburys Bognor. The queue was about 600m long.

6. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Nice social distancing going on there.

7. Vault-Tec

They don't have much choice mate. There's a lot of oldies down here. It's that or starve.

8. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

They really should have segregated a bigger area for them so they could stand at a distance.

My folks are just up the road from you and I know what you mean about it being a silver paradise.

9. Vault-Tec

Aye, god's waiting room.

TBH I would imagine many of them don't give a shat any way. They've been through worse. There's been points where I've almost had to pin my mum down. That's why I came over, 'cause she's got an itchy arse ffs.

So I gave her a lump of money to keep her busy.

10. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Thing is if they don't follow the rules they wont be in the waiting room any more, more than likely heading straight to the morgue.

But I guess as they don't give a shat, they wont be needing to buy all the toilet paper. (We so need a toilet paper emoji)

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Local supermarket has limits on most food items and bog roll. There isn't even a single roll left. I bought whisky and rum today. So at least I won't be sober enough to actually watch all that crap happening right now.

MLyons and liratheal like this.
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm going back out to the shop again later. I want some booze and snacks for later... I'll have a look and see if there's anything else we can grab for food, but my local supermarket was pretty bare yesterday evening so I'm not expecting much. We're alright for next week or so, but I'm starting to get concerned about what we'll do beyond that.

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm glad I have seven bottles of scotch on hand.. gonna be a fun few weeks!

14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

OK I admit it, I went and panic bought, I was down to 4 bottles of bourbon and 2 bottles of rum, things could've got messy, but after fighting my way through throngs of idiots buying bog roll and vegetables I got what I wanted from Asda.

[​IMG]

15. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Fanta and Listerine. My usual. Good man. It's excellent with a slice of orange on the side. And ice. Plenty of ice.

16. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Has that bottle of Kraken got a shot measure attached to it?
    If - as I could've read - that had said THONGS, I'd say things have already got a bit more than messy... o_O

17. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Just got 10 bottles of wine, 2 bottles of whiskey and a bottle of gin, should see us right for a few days weeks while...

18. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Might (finally) have my birthday Paulaner, at the weekend... keep forgetting I've got it; teetotal the rest of the year, so easy to do.

Seems like a plan that could work for those who're able to - get absolutely wasted, fall asleep 'til it all blows over, then wake up.

19. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Security cap.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Wasn't actually that bad. Plenty of veg but predictably no meat, pasta, pasta sauces, loo roll, eggs. But there was plenty of stuff we can eat: change a couple of our usual meals to vegetarian versions, grab some vegan/vegetarian meat substitutes (because there was loads of that stuff) and job done.

I was feeling a bit better about the whole situation. Then a ****ing idiot pushed their trolley up to the till behind me. They had 6 loaves of bread (two different brands to get around the purchase limits), 3 packs of croissants (weird thing to stock up on), 3 large packs of loo roll, and a bunch of other stockpiled stuff. I had to work very ****ing hard to bite my tongue and not say a ****ing thing...

Ninja'd by @mrlongbeard, it's a security doo-hickey.