1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Tassimo vs Dolce Gusto

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 22 Jan 2020.

1. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

People - lets ban plastic straws/cups/bags, also people - lets start using coffee pod machines.

yuusou likes this.
  2. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

That was a factor with switching to beans to cup for me. There is a lot of waste with pods. Even with recycling (which isn't a given), packaging costs in terms of energy per gram of coffee must be pretty mad.

I suppose the payoff (for the consumer) is meant to be convenience and a lower initial outlay, but personally the beans to cup is just as good in terms of convenience and the initial outlay is fairly quickly offset by the lower per cup costs.

Last edited: 27 Jan 2020
    Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  3. veato

veato I should be working

If anyone is interested the VertuoPlus machine is being sold on offer at Nespresso. Comes with sample coffee, free delivery and 100 extra coffee pods for £79.

4. veato

veato I should be working

Also AFAIK vertuo capsules can be recycled :thumb:

5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

The environmental waste does chafe a bit. Tassimo is terrible for it. There is allegedly an official recycling scheme but can I find a drop off point within 50 miles? Can I buggery.