1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coronavirus Thread

Discussion in 'Serious' started by d_stilgar, 13 Mar 2020.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yup... definitely my aspirational lifestyle. That house is beautiful!

Got some space for some beehives I see... :D

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So. Grocery shopping while under a country-wide lockdown due to a global pandemic. The single most pleasant grocery shopping experience I've ever had! Beautifully quiet, totally unhurried, and absolutely no dithering idiots blocking the place or crowding the aisles. Just a shame that it's under such shitty circumstances!

We did have to queue to get into Aldi and it was 1-in-1-out, but there weren't many ahead of us. We managed to get pretty much everything we needed bar hand wash (but we did get soap instead). Aldi even had fresh meat, fresh bread, eggs, and loo paper - I was stunned. Sainsburys was a little more ransacked but I did manage to find bread flour - happy to see the notice stating that Sainsburys will be asking for ID during the designated NHS staff-only hours.

3. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Before the stores started to refuse cash (yes), I had my jar of Barbicide in the living room to sanitize my pocket change.

When things will get back to normal, Nexxo will make a fortune in consultation.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

It’s strange I sort of feel like I have been in self isolation for most of my life already. ( I am a introvert)

Yesterday everyone arrived to join me in that life style, watching the people I know struggle to deal with it is difficult,

what I would say to everyone

it’s all in the routine

I am now home working but still get up in a morning and get myself ready like I was going to work, helps maintain that sense of correctness

hopefully we all get through to the other side of this virus

kim likes this.
  5. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

The moron in chief wants to reopen the country because Wall Street said so. Never mind the loss of life that would bring. The economy is apparently more important than our people.

Protip: if your people die so does your economy. And those that live will remember your idiocy.

TheBlackSwordsMan and kim like this.
  6. kim

kim hardware addict

lot of space yes, I grow veggies, I have fruit trees, but I don't have hives, I'm allergic to their bites :grin: however, one of my friends nearby got some hives and sells me honey, I really love it, so good for health. It turns out bees are confused with such warm winters, they're coming out too soon in the season seeking for pollen they can't find, so they consume their own too much and need to be feeded to survive...

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

With more than half of Republican voters being white over 50s, maybe there won't be enough of them around to remember his idiocy if he gets his way. Maybe that's Wall Street's plan, New Yorkers to famously hate the guy after all.

8. TheBlackSwordsMan

It's a matter of time before they assemble a team of PR to do some Eddie Bernays-style propaganda campaign.

"The American way of living is all that matters!"
    "20 679 elders say - We're ready to sacrifice our life so our grandchildren can have an economy"
    "Do not fear Covid-19, fear Communism!"

9. Nexxo

If I haven't burned out first... :p Seriously, two years from retirement and this **** hits.

[​IMG]

TheBlackSwordsMan likes this.
  10. Nexxo

Yup, it's a problem over here too. This is why I feed my two hives from August to November, up to 36+ litres of sugar syrup per hive.

kim likes this.
  11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Morons. Morons everywhere. Selfish, idiotic, pathetic, irresponsible morons. I just can't understand people's blatant disregard for others safety and life in general. Baffling.

adidan likes this.
  13. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

A lot of the people on the tubes in London are construction and other gig/contract workers. Construction has not been stopped so their bosses say they must work. Or their bosses say that they are "critical workers" cos, you know, bucks, so they travel to work. There are over 2500 contract construction workers on site at Battersea Power Station alone at present.

I understand that stopping a major construction site like Battersea has major financial ramifications - developers, investors, pension funds, lawyers, sovereign government finance (Malaysia in the case of Battersea) etc but the BoJo Clown circus really has to take a stand or it justs gets worse and worse.

To be honest, I reckon they are holding off shutting down construction sites until they work out how to deal with the self employed like they have done with employees. According to the news tonight around 80% of contract workers in the UK are construction.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

More likely because his own properties are closed, plus he's bored now and wants to go golfing.

Fingers66 and TheBlackSwordsMan like this.
  15. TheBlackSwordsMan

16. Nexxo

Oh, look: natural selection at work.

MLyons likes this.
  17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

The Gov are still way too slow to sort out the self employed.

Stay at home, stay indoors - well people would but when it's a choice of starvation and losing where they live and catching a virus what on earth do you think people will do?

The Gov are imbeciles.

Talking of stupidity Trump has decided it'll all be over by Easter Sunday and it'd be great to see packed churches. You know, because no reasons.

18. Nexxo

In three weeks the US is going to be worse than Italy is now, and in full carnage mode. And Trump will have conveniently forgotten he ever said this.

19. Risky

Risky Modder

I bought an espresso machine for the new shop the other week. Probably a bit too big for the kitchen:
    [​IMG]
    Alas the shop can't be opened and we are paying full business rates as it is classed as a vacant property. :(

Last edited: 25 Mar 2020
  20. Risky

Risky Modder