1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Hope you feel better soon. Still get the odd spasm in my back from an old Bike accident when I was younger. Strength training has helped massively but still hurts like a right ****

Today I am having fun with asking details questions and getting responses that are seemingly from people not paying attention...

me: I note we have not seen the foretasted x spend occur today. Could you update on the amount and when it is likely to be spent as I have heard rumors of deferral.
    them: Yes, we have deferred the spend with agreement from y
    me: Er, WHAT AMOUNT HAVE YOU DEFERRED AND TO WHEN?!?!?!
    also me: :grr::grr:

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Started work bright and early (from home) this morning and...

MIGRAINE STRIKES

Well, actually I got the visual disturbances beforehand so managed to lie down for a couple of hours. I didn't manage to stop it in time, but at least it's just a dull throb rather than a full on 'Shall I take a drill to my own head?' scenario.

Annoying as although I'm now back up and running, I have a pretty important bit of work I want to get done today being delayed. No gardening either today as a result :grr:.

Right, better get to it, rather than typing on here :hehe:

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Or is a 0-hour contract.

adidan likes this.
  4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

An update from the shop floor.
    After Saturdays total lunacy, Sunday onwards has been a breath of fresh air, But today was just eerie, Less than 40 customers allowed inside. More staff than customers for a change, And this is how it will be for the foreseeable, We're also set to have MORE staff join us as John Lewis is now closed, Staff from the Southampton store will now go to work in local Waitrose stores, I heard roughly 10 Waitrose stores to be gaining extra staff soon from 1 JL. The good news is, Shelves are getting fuller again.
    1 story from today, Was a customer who ignored the 'Stay at Home' warnings from Boris, she came in and demanded her 86p refund, Didn't buy anything and promptly left afterwards.... Yep, It happens.

Stay safe, Stay at home unless it's critical and you've ran out of loo roll already :thumb:

Sam

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Come on, you're making that up...

I would've stared at her in disbelief until she realised I wasn't going to help her.

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I really wish i wasn't.

Sam

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Still this :wallbash:

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Feel for you dude, back pain is awful.

9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I'd like to say, don't worry you get used to it (hit by a car 26 years ago, constant pain from it), but you don't, it's like tooth pain, it just wears you down. I have managed to learn how to crack and reset the parts that give me trouble (SI joint on the right hand side locks up and causes everything else to compensate and be twisted), but the pain still stays.

10. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Did a PE workout with the kids yesterday morning after an 8-year break from any meaningful exercise. The kids didn't really take it seriously but for some reason I did, now I have so much muscle pain in my glutes and legs that I can barely get myself in and out of a chair.

Amusing, embarrassing and humbling.

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I've been laid off. As I'm still unable to sit at a table/desk for more than 15mins without wanting to tear my face off with pain and no foreseable date of return, they've had to let me go as it's badly affecting them, me being 1 half of the treasury department. I understand, I knew it was coming, but it still devastating. This also means an end to my private healthcare and I have to try and convince my doctor to refer me to a physio. The same doctors who said there was no such thing. Joy.

If anyone has any knowledge of any financial help I may be able to get in my current unemployed and crippled situation, please let me know. Maybe pm me.

Last time I took part in any serious sporting activity was an inter departmental football match on a Sunday. It was blatantly obvious who the "unpractised" were, hobbling round, barely able to move. My mate langsford, a former professional but long since out the game and just as bad, thought it was hilarious to give anyone walking past a dead leg. It was not. Until a few of us teamed up on him and repaid the favour with kind. lol

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Seriously, having free time in March is usually sh!te, because it's normally cold and pissing down.

Suddenly nobody can got out and the sun is splitting the trees!

IanW, MLyons and Arboreal like this.
  13. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Odd that there was no 'at home' solution to your job, that didn't require you to be seated... Unlucky & GL, respectively.

14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I've requested to work from home a number of times, but they say it's not possible. Complete bs of course, they're just unwilling to. Watch now as a whole bunch of people work from home because of the old Corona.

15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

It took until less than two weeks ago for Deutsche Bahn to agree to a general approval of work from home for their employees. You could do it before, but just one or two days a week and with the approval of your direct report. Living in 1980's work environment ain't fun, I tell ya.

I mean, I get that people who actually work with or on trains can't do home office. But I'm doing bloody project/programme management for IT/organisational/process projects. :wallbash:

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Decided to start an electronics kit I'd been saving, but one of the baggies of resistors has gone walkies.

17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Splitting headache, police bringing new powers to fine people not following lockdown guidance.

£30 If not deemed essential travel, I drive my partner to work (as a key worker) and I'm also deemed a key worker so will be travelling myself. Keep reading these horror stories of people getting fined despite having proof.

In the next week or more I'll be driving the roads almost everyday sometimes more than twice with no proof on my return journey dropping her to work why I'm out...

Bring on the fines...

18. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

So have they actually started handing out fines then? I thought they were going to start soon but didn't think they already ad.

19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

No I've not yet read anything about this either, I'd appreciate a link if anyone has one.

I expect that the way in which you interact with the police could have quite a large bearing on their response to you.

20. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Don't suppose bit-tech tester, developer, **** poster and meme connoisseur will cut it then. Currently I'm in the office but the only one as hardware needs to be revived and benched in the same place.