1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Then it's remapped, it's just not remapped right. If you're getting "|" when you're in UK mode and "#" when you're in US mode, try remapping it to "#" and see if it gives you "|" instead.

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Not for my non-existent xbox, rather for the sweet fruit within (12TB HC520)

First of what will be a pair, but I'm in no rush right now so can wait until I see another cheep.

Yaka likes this.
  3. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Is a WD_BLACK 12TB drive cheaper that way, than an OEM unit...?

EDIT 1:
    Hmm; n/m, not been able to find one on my 'e-tailer-of-choice' website.

EDIT 2:
    If this IS what's inside it, they sell for the same price as WD MRRP that ^^^ for.

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Mar 2020
  4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

8 toilet rolls, kitchen roll and a dozen eggs as part of a local farm shop delivery. :rock::rock::rock:

Luckily we placed an order with them before all panic broke out as they've been swamped and not taken on new customers.

Vault-Tec and perplekks45 like this.
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Not a latest purchase, in that it should have arrived two or so years ago...

upload_2020-3-27_16-51-54.png

...but still very exciting: The ZX Spectrum Next Accelerated. Hooray!

David, adidan, IanW and 3 others like this.
  6. Mister_Tad

It is when you pay £185 for it.

If you research well and are aware of the caveats, shucking drives can be a good way to get certain disks for super cheap.

I don't think I'd use them as primary storage, but no issues for backup. Especially as at this price, it's well under half the £/TB as my primary disks, for what's arguably a better drive.

Last edited: 27 Mar 2020
  7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Ooh, finally! Excited to read about it soon (I assume you're reviewing for CPC?)

8. Mister_Tad

Yay! This just turned up...

[​IMG]

US version, wooden houses/hotels, original board design, none of the gimmicks of modern versions. So many memberberries.

9. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Two years, I am assuming that it hasn't been in the post that long.

10. Gareth Halfacree

Yup. It was going to be in the next-next issue, but we've bumped something else and it'll be in the one before instead.
    No - it took 'em about that long to get the keyboard right, believe it or not!

11. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

We hate the gimmicks of the new editions too, but picked up the Nostalgia Edition (along with Risk and Cluedo)

12. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I shall add you to the list of "conserve-covered giant divots"... :p

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

samsung 860 evo 1tb ssd

because 500g isnt cutting it for a games drive these days.

IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

He he he pipe
    [​IMG]

adidan and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

It took Apple longer with the MacBooks.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

They had it right a while ago, Macbook keyboards used to be quite nice to type on until about 5 years ago (IIRC)

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah, for a while there I'd swear by the design of apple laptops. Late PPC and early intel. Then it all seemed to go to pot.

Oh, and I bought a Steelcase Please V2. Because a good chair is important, and I like the ones at work which I believe are v1's. But may be v2's.

18. Mister_Tad

If it ain't broke, break it in the name of design.

I actually really like typing on the butterfly keyboard on the 2019 MBA. It's by no means at the pinnacle of typing - but I find the crisp clickiness very pleasant, it does lack travel though. The main fail is the horrific reliability and lack of repairability - hoping the revisions for the 2019 are sufficient that it doesn't fall to bits.

The keyboard on the MBP 16 is still miles better though, as I'm sure the 2020 MBA is.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I used to use a Macbook with one of the 'butterfly' keyboards for work and, actually, I got kinda used to it. It was still off-putting because the utter lack of travel means that it almost felt like typing on glass. But the mechanical design was absolutely horrible, grains of dust were enough to cause issues. Apple's response absolutely exemplified its arrogance: the product isn't flawed, you just need to clean it properly, and don't you even dare think about trying to repair it because that's almost impossible to do without destroying the keyboard. Yet again it took a class-action lawsuit for things to change and even then they still don't admit that the design is flawed.

They built a great reputation back when they had reliable products that were easy to use and extremely long lived, but they really are pissing all that away. They've always been arrogant, but at least in the past they actually made some good products that would still hold up after a decade of use.

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Half price Oakley EVZero Path Prizm Trail for my summer scrambling and hiking if i get to do any this year with all this going on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]