1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Avengement 7/10

Put off watching this one for a long time because frankly I thought it would be a bit crap, but I was pleasantly surprised and found it to be pretty damn good. It's similarity to Bronson can't be ignored, but Adkins does a good job of playing the lead, and of course the fight scenes are very well done. If ultra-violent revenge flicks are your thing, it's worth a watch.

2. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Guns Akimbo - 7/10 harry potter trying to do chow yu fat and john wick in one go while catering to the gaming crowd. sounds bad but actually works quite well with the exepional gameyfied violence.

Birds of Prey: Harley Quin blah blah bah 5/10 pretty much trying to rip off deadpool but not as fun or funny, **** bad guy and hench man victor zaaz is under used. throwing the popular trope women are cool and all guys are pathetic and bad/evil.
    highlight is margot robbie as harley quinn, huntress was miss cast during the fight scenes you could tell it was stunt double. shoulda been a much more awesome movie why they had to make a compleatly bonkers charector seem more human/normal and likable is beyond me

Ip man 4 - 6/10 they shoulda left it at 3 okish fight scenes, adkins and donnie yens fight is good but no where near as good as those fight scenes in parts 1 and 2.
    the ending was abit sad for me when ip mans asks his sone to record him wiht the wooden dummy, this is the actual video damn shame there is not more footage of him

Last edited: 28 Mar 2020
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Midway (2019) - Ed Skrein can't act

It was an okay film - but some really odd cuts/continuity breaks, alongside examples of truly wooden acting, definitely takes the shine off it.

4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

The Invisible Man 9/10

Nicely tense yet satisfying

5. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Parasite 9/10
    Gripping story, superb acting and beautifully shot - Must see!
    The Lighthouse 8/10

The acting was fantastic, the story is crazy and i'm not certain I know what it all means!
    Snowpiercer 7/10

Keeps you guessing and gets better once it kicks off, still the pacing and the plot in general is a bit off towards the end.
    Life is beautiful 7/10
    A nice family film....... about nazis in Italy

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Bloodshot - 1/10

What the **** was that?

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Venom - 8/10

Finally got around to watching this, for some reason it never grabbed me as something I needed to watch as soon as possible.

But, it was far funnier and more enjoyable than I expected, worth watching.

Yaka likes this.
  8. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Bloodshot 5/10 new from the moment it was annouced vin diesel was the wrong guy to play bloodshot, i'm not a die hard bloodshot reader but from memory they changed a bit too much. its almost like they ran outta ideas. also guy pierce woulda thought after la confidential and the ace Memento he woulda got some better roles in movies

9. Xir

Xir Modder

Detective Pikachu - 5/10

Starts off well, but then quickly turns into a convoluted mess the kids could not follow. A more conventional story with less twists would have worked better.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Knives Out - Rian Johnson makes an awesome movie/10

Really enjoyed this, although some of it may have been the relief at getting my laptop + speakers working inside my tech illiterate parents home. Yes mum signing up to Curzon Cinema streaming is awesome, no mum your Galaxy tab can't 'just connect' to the ten year old Panasonic TV, let's use the laptop, when you did you last turn this laptop on mum? When did you last update it? Oh dear God. Right I'll get mine, no the speakers are bluetooth, you don't need to do anything with them. Why isn't it pairing? Mum are you pairing the speaker with you tablet again? Mum? You don't need to press the luetooth button on the speakers, no don't press the button, just leave it alone. STOP PRESSING THE PAIRING BUTTON WOMAN!!! Yes I know I shouted, I know you were listening. I'm, going to get an Aux cable.

And breathe.

Arboreal likes this.
  11. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Sonic The Hedgehog - 6/10 surprisingly not as bad as i was expecting it to be, reworked sonic looks so much less creepy than the awful one in the initial trailer. was really expecting a sfx extravaganza like speed racer was. there was the odd nod to the games and sets up nicely for a sequel

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've watched it twice lol. Totally a b movie but great fun.

Lenny, check this out also if you can find it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5657856/?ref_=nm_knf_i4

It's a grindhouse kinda movie, but again great fun :D

Last edited: 3 Apr 2020
    LennyRhys likes this.
  13. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Sicario: Day of the Soldado 8/10

Watched this late last night, and I was gripped. It's a lot more straightforward than the first, but with the same characters it's a good sequel and has some fantastic scenes in it.

14. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

T2- 4k 9/10 been ages since i watched this slightly miffed the disc i got was not the extended version with kyle reese dream sequence and showing the t800 being re programed. aside from the odd bit its aged very well and the dts soundtrack is just the nuts.

Gunsmith and LennyRhys like this.
  15. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Knives Out (5/10)
    Meh, I just didnt care for this film very much
    Jojo Rabbit (8.5/10)
    Another weird and wonderful comedy from Taika Waititi.
    Ad Astra (8.5/10)
    Like Gravity and Apocalypse Now had a baby starring Brad Pitt. Really enjoyed it.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh yeah, the DTS track on it is nuts, I've got the DTS-ES rendition and the scene in the elevator with the reverb and metal shrieking still blows my mind. Still holds up as one of the best damn action movies of all time.

17. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Terminator: Dark Fate 7/10 finaly a almost decent third instalment. tho there was way too many "future scenes" the previous 2 cameron movies had the balance just right. the opening fight had very little build up and was almost like watching a marvel movie but shortly after that it kinda follows the build up to the previous movies and the action is almost on par till on fast and furious-esque plane scene. its great that it had linda hamilton back. if jame cameronhad made this i think it may have been much better andnot tanked at the box office

killing of the jesus/jc figure was meh move and the fact skynet did not have an ace move up its sleeve to survive was an odd choice

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Aquaman - Yes, yes, late to the party, I know. Overdone CGI - gaudy in the extreme at times. And the cheese... so much cheese. But... Amber Heard in a skin tight outfit. :baby:

1917 - it was okay. The big whoop one shot style was... soon forgotten. That's it's problem - once you get past the major USP, it's just... well, okay.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

We haven't seen the new Trolls film, which is landing on streaming services 'cos the cinemas are all closed... 'cos it's £15.99 to rent for 48 hours.

On the one hand, I understand the pricing is roughly equivalent to paying for two tickets to see it in the cinema. On the gripping hand, the cost of sending me a film from your data centre to my PS4 is way less than the cost of showing the same film to me in a physical cinema, so maybe reflect that in the pricing?

I'll wait for the DVD. Or, hell, it'll probably land on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video at no extra cost at some point.

Yaka likes this.
  20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

almost 10 years and my thread is still alive hahahaha