1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coronavirus Thread

Discussion in 'Serious' started by d_stilgar, 13 Mar 2020.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

As my fellow lead and I are coordinating the staff psychological support plan across four hospitals plus an emergency hospital in the second-largest acute hospital Trust in the country, I need anything that you can throw me that keeps my retirement dreams alive (and I had less than two years to go, bloody typical...).

Last edited: 31 Mar 2020
    kim likes this.
  2. oscy

oscy Modder

There was an old guy in the shop saying "the diseases should all go back to their own country"...

3. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

4. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

Well rural France shopping update.
    Picard (think Iceland but run by Waitrose), situation normal except they have removed the trolleys so you have to use your own bags, stock normal.
    Centre Frais 23 (local produce shop) fully stocked, tills protected by cling film :s
    Bio Creuse (local organic shop) fully stocked including all vitamins and supplements that are going for silly money online at normal price.
    Carrefour, situation normal just a slightly poor selection of long life bread.

All in all apparently a nice stress free shop with zero issues.

kim and Arboreal like this.
  5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Navy hospital ships are like really ugly, boxy cruise ships. How dumb do you have to be to want to crowd up to see one? I see a few public bikes too. :worried:

6. Risky

Risky Modder

7. kim

kim hardware addict

:thumb: glad to read that, same thing in the nearby superstores around there...as of now :rollingeyes:, I'm wondering if I'm not gonna join volunteers armies to help farmers with the harvests...already 150000 did so, it could be really helpful and I am unemployed for more than a month, it starts to get on my nerves to be lockdown :grr:

Nexxo likes this.
  8. Risky

Risky Modder

And um

Nexxo, Byron C and Vault-Tec like this.
  9. kim

kim hardware addict

:hehe: excelent :rock:

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Just wait until they complain on twitter that they can't wipe their arse with the facebook likes they got for their selfies:p

12. Nexxo

I'm not actually on the wards, so pretty safe, but we are rapidly gearing up and training up staff to provide psychological support to the medical and nursing staff who are. Huge job: 20,000+ staff to look after.

Vault-Tec and Pete J like this.
  13. Risky

Risky Modder

I'm trying to think why all lightbulbs on amazon prime have earliest delivery of 28th April?!?

14. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

All on a ship from China?

Pete J and MLyons like this.
  15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

'cause Amazon are prioritising essentials. If it's supplied by an Amazon fulfillment center then it's probably on the back burners.

I have a non essential order that's estimated for 25th April, and a delivery tomorrow, and then another one on Friday. But those aren't supplied by Amazon.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Maybe not the general public, but politicians? Oh hell yes... More money, more investment, more medical staff, and fewer managers, please.

That's adorable. When I lived back 'at home' we used to get sheep in the garden quite regularly, though I never saw goats - I'm in a much less 'rural' area now!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  17. Risky

Risky Modder

Yep, my bottle of malt arrives tomorrow......essentials.

Nexxo, Pete J and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah, I don't get their "essentials" theory either. I got a monitor the day after I ordered it, but a monitor seems about on par with the speaker stands and power strip I ordered that're scheduled for the 25th in levels of "essential".

I guess it's more that they're not shipping stuff they don't have and they're prioritising essentials deliveries, but the slower moving items (Scotch, monitors) aren't being sold out as quickly thus can still ship without interrupting the current "essentials first" mentality.

Or Amazon is making it up as they go along and Bezos just wants to appear decent, instead of actually being decent.

19. Nexxo

More managers please --then senior clinicians can get on with being clinicians. Or less bureaucracy, most of which to do with managing a limited budget.

At the moment, we're in this weird, magical space where bureaucracy has been shredded, money is suddenly no object, and things are simply getting done.

Arboreal likes this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Long may it continue :thumb:. I mean, it won't when this has all died down, but it's nice to think positively once in a while! :grin:.