1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Theme case - The Eye Of Ra

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Orion, 26 Nov 2003.

1. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

Beautiful idea, awesome fangrills and cut out, but there are a lot of things that dont appeal to me.

The LED fans and rainbow Cathode just look gaudy, too many colors are a bad thing. I could totally see a nice yellow/gold theme going on with this case, as the egyptians did a lot with gold in their art, jewelry, etc

Too many fans in the same area, you should use those nice fangrills on the outside of the case, instead of the insides

casebadges on the front - they dont go with the egyptian theme at all haha

it looks too modern to be an egyptian themed case, but other than that, the idea is wonderful

2. isisfreak

isisfreak What's a Dremel?

Well maybe have a top blowhole, put the grills on the front, or make a blowhole in your side panel. I don't really know, I just thought that they looked kinda out of place. lol. As for my project here are some pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are also custom blue acrylic Ankh fan grills. :rock: If the pictures are not allowed, please feel free to change them to links.

3. Gedron

Gedron What's a Dremel?

You should change those pics to links. That way it doesnt look like your trying to hijack his project thread (which I don't think you were trying to do BTW). It's the polite thing to do.. and its one of the forum rules.

4. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

Thank you DrxAndy for your valuable advices. I will try to replace the fan grills outside of the case, perhaps on the top panel and on the front panel, and remove the funny casebadges :hehe:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

Thanks Isis for the idea and the photos of the Egyptian theme case :thumb:

how did you do the Eye at the front panel, it looks very sharp and beautiful. Also the transparent Eye on the side window is amazing. Did you share the project with us in the forum? I have to check for that post..............thanks.

Isis, please share the Ankh grills too.

:) :) :)

Last edited: 27 Nov 2003
  6. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

thanks Gedron :hehe:

please do not mind. Isis was very kind to share with me the Egyptian theme case.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

7. n-gen

n-gen Banned

dude, this is the tackiest thing since sliced lava lamps, im not so keen, sorry mate

8. isisfreak

isisfreak What's a Dremel?

The eye on the front door was done with a dremel, needle files, and an emrey board. It took me about three days to do it, but I think it was worth it. Thanks for the comments! :hip: I didn't share it on the forum, because I wasn't signed up at the time. :wallbash: But I am working on a right up for it.

Gedron: The only reason I posted pictures was because he asked and I thought it would be okay.

As for the Ankh fan grills, here are some pictures. Also the pictures are not the greatest, its hard to take pictures of them. I will only post one picture then the rest will be links this time. :thumb:

[​IMG]

http://www.kickassmods.com/AFG2.jpg
    http://www.kickassmods.com/AFG3.jpg
    http://www.kickassmods.com/AFG4.jpg

9. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

thanks for your comment :p your case would never be tacky. It would be nice if you could show us your case as a role model.

:p :p :p

Last edited: 28 Nov 2003
  10. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

Thank you Isis very much. I have seen all of the photos of your Ankh grill, they are beautiful. I love the blue colour, your Ankh is very charming.

11. Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark What's a Dremel?

I gotta agree, with all the colours it looks too busy, I think sticking to one or two colours would be best......like the blue and gold theme, very regal

12. Fluba

Fluba What's a Dremel?

maybe change the fans for blue lit LED fans, and the cathode for a yellow one? stick wth the blue / gold theme

13. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

Thanks Eye in the dark and Fluba, it would be a good idea to stick with the blue and golden theme, yes, I will try, thanks.

14. n-gen

n-gen Banned

dude, dont get offended, i just think the case looks stupid with loads of randomly colour lights, stick to a colour scheme and it would look much better.

15. Fluba

Fluba What's a Dremel?

dude... READ THE THREAD PROPERLY! LOOK AT THE LAST FEW POSTS! retard...

16. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

look you two - stop acting so... n00bish. I know i've not been around for that long myself - but you're both being either crass or just rude.

17. n-gen

n-gen Banned

Fluba, you called me a retard

the official definition of a retard is a person with an IQ less than or equal to 70, now i dont remeber telling you my IQ. So either come out and admit youve been stalking me or, understand the meaning of the words that you are using.

Thanks,

by the way, i was only agreeing with you. ive never seen such an aggressive reaction from a person when you tell then what they have just said is correct. Maybe your the one with anger issues?

18. n-gen

n-gen Banned

now, i dont want to detract from this case (as if i could, its so bright), lets get this back on topic, shall we?

19. Wicked Li'l Bender

Wicked Li'l Bender What's a Dremel?

Color theme... what a scheme...

I can't wait to see the changes..
    You might consider adding a couple of the lit fans inside the front of the case as a semi hidden surprise, only visible at the right angle so the window isn't too cluttered.
    It looks great otherwise... but sometimes the rule "Less is more" could be applied.
    I hope that My comments aren't too redundent or repetative or overstated to the point of being audacious and making you feel deja voux all over again... J/k

20. whiteagle

whiteagle What's a Dremel?

:thumb:
    Great case! At first I really hated the fans too, but after seeing them with the grills, they aren't quite so bad. I do think that the blue/gold theme would be more egyptian looking, but do whatever you think looks best. This is your case, and you know what looks best to you. I like the number of fans you have for cooling reasons, but maybe going with ones that aren't lit would make them be a little less obvious.

Also different cultures like different things/colors as a whole. A lot of the people from GB on here love gold plated stuff on their case, but to me and some of my friends on here from the states that looks trashy. I haven't checked, but I'm sure some of the stuff I've done doesn't look so good to them. What I'm saying is, a couple of people half-way around the world who will only see it a couple of times doesn't compare to you and your friends getting to see it every day until you get a new case.

Also I love the paint job on the grills. The scarab one in particular turned out really nice, with the blue/green/gold thing. REALLY NICE :dremel: