1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Zelda (updated 02/06/04)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DRxAndy, 13 Oct 2003.

1. DrSpYdeR

DrSpYdeR What's a Dremel?

Looking good :clap:

2. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    NAVI, AFTER LINK WAKES UP IN TEMPLE OF TIME:
    Link... we're back in the Temple of Time... But have seven years really passed? It looks like you won't be able to use some of the weapons you found as a kid anymore... Let's get out of here!

[​IMG]
    SHEIK, IN LINK'S FIRST MEETING WITH HIM IN THE TEMPLE OF TIME:
    I've been waiting for you, Hero of Time... When evil rules all, an awakening voice from the Sacred Realm will call those destined to be Sages, who dwell in the five temples.
    One in a deep forest...
    One on a high mountain...
    One under a vast lake...
    One within the house of the dead...
    One inside a goddess of the sand...
    Together with the Hero of Time, the awakened ones will bind the evil and return the light of peace to the world... This is the legend of the temples passed down by my people, the Sheikah.
    I am Sheik. Survivor of the Sheikahs... As I see you standing there holding the mythical Master Sword, you really do look like the legendary Hero of Time... If you believe the legend, you have no choice. You must look for the five temples and awaken the five Sages... One Sage is waiting for the time of awakening in the Forest Temple. The Sage is a girl I am sure you know... Because of the evil power in the temple, she cannot hear the awakening call from the Sacred Realm... Unfortunately, equipped as you currently are, you cannot even enter the temple... But, if you believe what I'm saying, you should head to Kakariko Village... Do you understand, Link?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finally, another update haha
    The weather, and school finals, as well as many other things have delayed me. I've done a bit of work, but not much dealing with painting, because the tempratures have dropped significantly, and the weather just isnt being very easy to work around.

I gave the painted side panel a good rub down with 3M rubbing compound, and then waxed with Meguiar's gold class liquid car wax.

[​IMG]

Here's a shot in the process of wiping the wax off, quite shiny and reflective.

I worked on the front bezel a little more, spot puttied

[​IMG]

and sanded. I was pretty happy with the results except for one little part that i had to re-spot putty up.

Also started work on preping the internals to be painted.

[​IMG]

I took out the floppy and hard drive racks, taped their handles, sanded, and gave them a good coat of primer. Luckily enough, as soon as I finished priming, and was headed to take them inside, it started snowing hahahah.

I've also done a bunch of work on another case of mine, so I could turn it in as my final project for art. Take a look of a couple of pictures here:
    http://www.casemod.com/showphoto.php?photo=36&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

and here:
    http://www.casemod.com/showphoto.php?photo=31&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

had to repaint, and I decided to paint the fan grills the same metallic black as the case.

That's all for this edition, I hope to have more for sometime next week (possibly next friday?)

3. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

DRxAndy :lol:

thanks for your post, it is very interesting, like a story book and the post itself has character...........

P.S. you like Jacky Chan? a nice icon of him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

4. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

hehe thanks a lot, its from drunken master 2
    i love chan!

5. Zazard

Zazard What's a Dremel?

Well , looks awesome so far ! like the idea of the story in every update :) keep up tha good work, man .

6. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

7. Fyberwire

Fyberwire What's a Dremel?

Simply amazing DRxAndy. I love those custom fan grills from Lunagen labs, and the finish on the side panel is just amazing.

8. Wicked Li'l Bender

Wicked Li'l Bender What's a Dremel?

A Dremel... My heratige for a dremel...

The case is looking great I like the theme... Just make sure you have the whole Zelda game series of roms easily accessable on the desktop when it is running...
    WOWZERS!!! I wish I wasn't so poor....

9. morotsmos

morotsmos What's a Dremel?

looking sharp :thumb:

10. Seal

Seal What's a Dremel?

good work!

11. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

Thanks a lot guys!

johnwilliams474 > yep yep, yoshi's boxx is pretty cool but i'm not going to be putting any consoles in this hehe
    its just a pc with a zelda theming :thumb:

12. Bluebark

Bluebark What's a Dremel?

Nice work…I have a nice little trick for dealing with bugs and runs in paint…While the enamel is still wet, take a piece of masking tape and fold it in half sticky side out. Then very carefully touch the bug or the run with the tape. The tape will grab the bug or the extra paint and if you’re lucky the paint will flow out and cover where the bug or run once stood.

If it’s a fly forget it…those *******s usually do a tango on the paint before they die.

Keep up the nice work… :thumb:

13. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

GUY IN BLUE SHIRT, WHITE TIGHTS:
    I tell you, I saw him!
    I saw the ghostly figure of Dampé the gravekeeper sinking into his grave. It looked like he was holding some kind of treasure!

DAMPE'S GHOST:
    Heh heh heh, young man! Are you fast on your feet?
    I may not look like it, but I'm confident in my speed!
    Let's have a race! Follow me if you dare!

(Link wins race)
    Hehehe, young man... You were very quick to be able to keep up with me! Hehehe! As a reward, I'm going to give you my treasure. It's called the Hookshot! It's spring-loaded
    chain will pull you to any spot where its hook sticks. Doesn't that sound cool? I'm
    sure it will help you! I live here now, so come back again sometime. I'll give you
    something cool! One more thing! Be careful on your way back! Heheheh....

(You found the Hookshot! It's a spring-loaded chain that you can cast out to hook
    things. You can use it to drag distant items toward you, or you can use it to pull yourself toward something.)
    [​IMG]
    -----------------------------

Not much new with this update, but here it goes
    I decided to go ahead with painting on what I thought was a less colder day, which was a mistake haha
    take a look why

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ouch, i'll have to resand and wait for warmer tempratures
    but anyways, time for the good

[​IMG]

I did however manage to get the tray and bezel for my new cd-rw (to replace the one that i was stupid enough to fry right after painting it) done up nicely

[​IMG]

I painted the power and reset buttons, and then took a fine tipped marker and added in the black to the power, it looks pretty good to me :)

That about wraps it up, i really wish i could do more, but the weather is really hurting me :(

14. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

curse the michigan weather!! looks good so far, wish my project was as far along as yours. you could always make a hood and paint inside, or if you have a garage, A space heater close to your peace will warm things up

15. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Looks good, keep it up. :thumb:

16. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

unfortunatly we have a small garage, and its full of junk
    haha
    we really need to clear out a lot of the crap in there

17. X-W4rrioR

X-W4rrioR What's a Dremel?

wow
    you were gone for a long time ya?

nice going man
    keep it up :)

(btw WAKKA OWNZ)

18. The_Resetter

The_Resetter I LIKE CAKE!

The cold here also prevents me from serious modding, its just 2 cold :(

19. Majin Link

Majin Link What's a Dremel?

DRxAndy I notice your missing 3 zelda games. two for Gameboy (Oracle series) and Zelda II for Nintendo.

20. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

also LTTP for snes
    probally more
    i'm working on it ;)
    all in good time