1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus brings back the GeForce GT 710

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 15 Apr 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

30Hz on more than 1 monitor? Isn't that going to be rather... laggy?

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Shame there isn't a way to move 2 of the HDMI ports to make it a low profile dual-slot backplate.

Depends what you're using it for. For showing video on 4 screens behind a reception desk or in a show or something it could be pretty nifty.
    I'd quite happily take 30Hz if my work offered me 4 monitors and a big enough desk!

4. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

My thoughts exactly on both topics. I don't know who would look at this card and go "I'll build a gaming rig around it", so I doubt the 30Hz would really be that big of a deal if it means connecting 4x monitors via HDMI. Breakout for the second set of HDMI would definitely be nice, especially if it meant it could be used in a thin-ITX system as low profile

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

My primary concern with this would be how much longer drivers are available for it - the 700 series is getting quite long in the tooth, and I can see nVidia retiring support for the 600 and 700 series at the same time, considering they are basically the same architecture.

Honestly, a safer bet would have been basing this off the 1030 - which would probably also remove the 30Hz limitation when running multiple screens. For non-interactive displays, though, I can see it being OK. I find 30Hz horrific for interactive stuff (even terminal only with no cursor; add a cursor and I just can't cope for more than a few minutes) but for a static display and/or slow animation?

6. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

Years ago looked at an advert display system for local GP's, so running multiple screens from a single PC...

Tags: Add Tags