1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Theme case - The Eye Of Ra

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Orion, 26 Nov 2003.

1. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Great job on the grilles, they look incredible painted like that, I agree with trying a one or two colored at most theme for the lighting though (but hey it is your case and if you like it then that is all that matters). Keep up the good work. :thumb:

2. dream caster

dream caster just lurking from out there

A very nice project.

I have these ideas, since I saw your case, but did not want to tell them if you didn't ask:

I like the fan grills, the only change I would make to them would be making their paint and design as noticeable when looking to the whole of case as when you posted their pictures (more distinct painting if possible).
    I would put a little of gray paint, the same type than in fan grills, on the eye of Ra that goes on the window.

I would try to have the hard disk cooler with the painted eye of Ra as the only bezel detail. I would stealth all the rest, trying to make the bezel almost one aluminum sheet; there would be no air intake visible; I would try to let air in from the lower edge of bezel wich I would cut out and from case bottom.( :blah: this last point is more difficult)

3. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

:) thank you all the friends who visiting this post and sharing your ideas with me upon the modded case. The project will keep going and I hope I can integrate your advices into the next phase of this theme case.

ALL the comments and suggestions are welcome.

:) :) :)

4. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

Re: Color theme... what a scheme...

thanks Wicked Li'l Bender for your kindly advices to me.........thank you. Your advices are noted.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

thanks whiteagle :waah:

thank you for notifying the cultural and personal preference factor on the modding :waah: Nevertheless, I do agree with most of the friends suggestions here for the color theme that would be better to stick to golden and blue in accordance with the less and simply rule.
    I hope that the next phase of this project can be improved in these fields.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Dec 2003
  6. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

borumas :lol: thank you for the compliment on the painted grills. your advice on the lighting has been noted.

7. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

dream caster :lol:

thank you for your suggestions which gave me great advices on the front panel as well as the window of the case. YES, to highlight the HDD cooler cover and stealth all the rest is a very good advice. Thank you :lol:

8. dream caster

Happy you welcome my suggestions!

9. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

:)

Would I share further information on the paint work of the fan grills?

Orion is not a painter, I did not even know any painting theory. Yet, I counted on my eyes, my hands and my feelings.

For the fan grills of the theme case - the Eye Of Ra, I adopted basically the skill of water color painting. As I wanted the grills look more antique and metallic, I applied thick layers of the paints which came out a slightly feel of the oil painting. I mixed up colors in various degrees to give rainbow effect. To apply fluorescent paint was in an attempt to balance the dull and rough metallic feels of the paintings. I hoped it overall bore spirits of each of the grills, especially the Eye of Ra fan grill. I hoped that the Eye looks alive, with feelings and minds. I hoped the sacred scarab looks three dimensional on the base of a 2d surface, and further to four dimensional with the spirit laid on it. I hoped the Ankh looks shiny by itself with the supersilver paint radiating from its center since it represented eternal life. Besides, I hoped it looks like stained glass or jade stone with jade-green paints on its body. Blue and Green was also the main theme of the Orion fan grill, I tried to give it a cloudy paint look effect since it is a constellation with rich nebulae which gave birth to new stars. These were the concepts and/or the forces which helped me to go through the paint work of the fan grills. I am still not sure if I have achieved these goals, but I am glad that most of the friends in forums like them, thank you for each of your compliments and your comments on the grills.

10. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

Woah! Is it Christmas time?? :D
    Sorry, I just had to say it.

Good modd

11. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

ha ha ha :hehe: yes, Christmas is coming, I am going to put a mini Christmas tree inside the case........... ha ha ha :hehe:

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

12. dream caster

:waah:
    You have not posted, Orion; I wanna see the Christmas tree!

Seriously: how is it going now, will we see your Eye of Ra case soon?

EDIT: :waah: :waah: and your pictures are gone to x's!!

13. Wicked Li'l Bender

Wicked Li'l Bender What's a Dremel?

You have been plagued by the curse of the red X!!!!

Where, oh where, can the update be.
    Oh, where, oh where can it be?
    So bring a new update (and some fixed pix) to me!

14. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

sorry Caster, I will try to reload the photos here.........yet, please visit CaseModGod.com for a full article of my theme Case modding.

http://casemodgod.com/

cheers

Orion ;)

15. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

Re: You have been plagued by the curse of the red X!!!!

Hi Bender :lol:

Please visit the original post of the theme case - the Eye of Ra in HKEPC.com from Hong Kong ;)

http://www.hkepc.com/phpBB-HK/viewtopic.php?t=49992&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

16. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

Caster ;)

the next phase will be the modding of the other side panel of the theme case to the mask of mummy :blush: but it really has to take some time......Vivio is now being occupied by another case mod project........another project with OC STUPID - an extreme overclocker in our forum (HKEPC.com) :blush: :blush:
    I will surely update this project once there is any progress. Thank you for visiting this post.

:D :lol: :lol:

17. dream caster

18. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Orion, you've got some serious painting skills! Very nice work, and I think the multicolor actually works pretty well. The silvery aluminum balances everything out for me. Although, with that many fans your setup has to sound like the bastage son of a hair dryer and a 747 jet.

19. JeffPH

JeffPH What's a Dremel?

i love the artwork!!!!

great work :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

20. Orion

Orion What's a Dremel?

thanks starbuck3733t :p

there are 14 fans inside the case, as you could see two for the CPU, one for the RAMs, two for the 9700p, two at the back panel, one on the top panel, four at the front panel, one occupied a PCI slot......etc.

:p :p :p