1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holden Or Ford?

Discussion in 'General' started by fuzzygoblin, 14 Nov 2003.

?

Holden or ford

1. Holden (GM or Vauxhall to non Aussies)

20 vote(s)
    54.1%
  2. Ford (Ford is Ford wherever you are!)

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
  1. spinDr

spinDr What's a Dremel?

funny you mention it, i just bought one of the new Holden Vectra's. Judging by the pics on the Vauxhall website im guessing they are exactly the same thing. I got a v6 CDxi hatch (cause it looks better), im not sure what its equivalent vauxhall model is.

Probably about 4 years back i owned one of the old vectras. It was pretty crap, everything in it was chunky, the doors were way to thick and inside was cramped. Not to mention it handled like a truck.

The new one imo is awesome and much better value then the original. Interior looks alot better and is more comfortable then the old vectra. Driving it is pretty awesome, The seats are set low and brings out the sport in it. Rounding corners in it is fun, no more feeling like its about to roll like the old vectra.

Its fast too, first car ive had where ive been able to get some good acceleration when screaming away as the lights change. They are a good small/medium car and miles ahead of its predecessor.

2. HellDiver

HellDiver What's a Dremel?

We get the same Vectra. Our equivlent is probably the Vectra Elite. 3.2 V6.

£19250 which is AU$45500. I suspect you paid less?

The funny thing is, you think the Vectra is a small/medium car. Over here the Astra is the small/medium car, the Vectra is a fairly large model. Then again, the UK is a very small country... :)

3. jonesie

jonesie Minimodder

links:
    Vauxhall UK Holden

i see you have most of our crappy range down under, but you guys also have some very strange pickup thingies - already 'maxxed' if i may use the word.... ;) what are they all about???

4. dws

dws What's a Dremel?

If I remember correctly, the Holden Maloo SS is like a El Camino with a Corvette engine. So that is tres cool in my books.
    As I always say, Fords are only good at making two things:
    1)Trucks
    2)Mustangs

FORD= Fast only rolling downhill
    =found on road dead
    =fix or repair daily

trust me on those. I can verify each and every one of those acronyms. Damn Fords.....