1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress ModWhite Scratch Build.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by getninad, 11 May 2020.

1. getninad

getninad What's a Dremel?

Starting this thread to showcase my ongoing scratch build. I would like to state few things first so that idea is clear. This build is showcase build and not performance oriented. I have started this build but due to lockdown in our country because of ongoing COVID-19 I am not able to order any new products nor able to go out for any required services so I will be building this with the available stuff. hope you enjoy my work.

Sam__ likes this.
  2. getninad

So this is my build base on which I am going to install all my components. I have designed is in such a way that it can be wall mounted using studs or even can be kept on table. The material used is 8mm acrylic which is translusant so that if I wish to install led strip on border I can get glow on entire board. I have laser cut this previous to lockdown and was lucky enough to get it before lockdown now I painted it white and applied a clear matte top cote over it. If you want any details of it let me know I will be happy to answer it.
    _DSC9046.jpg

Sam__ likes this.
  3. Canardwc

Canardwc @French_fab_factorie

looking ;)

4. getninad

Started cable sleeving. as my fittings are red in color I thought to add some red sleeving along with black for contrast.
    _DSC9002.jpg

5. getninad

Now My GPU is also ready. I have painted the GPU cover white.
    _DSC9060.jpg _DSC9052.jpg

6. getninad

I have even crafted the Motherboard white as I think it was required for my project and I also want to test if it works or not. This is a very contraversial idea to paint the motherboard but still I did it to check it. a thin layer of paint is not a big issue I think but it may effect some temps and decrees little headroom to overclock but it doesn't matters as its a showcase build more than a performance build as I stated earlier. so did it and motherboard is working perfectly fine also the MB temps shown in bios prior to paint and after paint are more or less same but load testing on later stage will give more clarity about effects of paint on motherboard temperatures.
    _DSC9039.jpg

Sam__ likes this.
  7. Sam__

Sam__ Minimodder

Seeing a motherboard spay painted like that stresses me out! Glad to hear it works fine.

8. getninad

Just Completed the sleeving. and made a video. hope you all like it.

9. ciaognep

ciaognep Minimodder

white paint is dangerous for MB dissipation ?