1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2020 thread - Season over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 2 Feb 2020.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

That move days more to me about Renault and 2022.

Is Riccardo the new Hulkenberg or Perez, always the bridesmaid so to speak?

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

So, Vettel to Renault then?

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

5. javaman

I'll go left field and say Hulkenberg or Alonso to Renault.
    More realistic maybe another Jr French driver?

6. RedFlames

I'm taking a punt and going with -

Alonso for some headlines, and then Renault quit f1 at the end of 2021

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Reckon Alonso has more chance at Renault than Hulk, Hulk is kind of the invisible driver, no matter how good he is, no one really cares .....

8. javaman

Wonder how a move to Renault would affect Alonso's Indy Car ambitions.

New stupid idea....... Vettel to win Indy 500 before Alonso

9. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Who's getting Ricciardo's seat...? More reasons to just cancel the season & start fresh in 2021.

Hang on... can we rewind the last few days to recap who's where...?

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I reckon Giovinazzi to Renault, Vettel to Alfa, for the lulz with Kimi again.

That, or Vettel out of F1, Hulk back in at Renault.
    By the same token, I can also see Renault taking a last shot and getting/buying George Russel into the seat. It's no secret that Williams have about -3 dollars to their name right now, and would take a good deal to release Russel (if that's even needed.. .who knows where they will be next year)

11. RedFlames

the other left-field prediction seems to be

Vettel to not-yet-Aston and papa stroll throwing Perez under the bus.

12. javaman

With the Aston take over and a few things Papa Stroll has said in interviews, I would be more inclined to believe Lance will get the chop. Perez seems to be the driver they want to build with until they're up and running.
    Vettel could go there tho it will depend on no 1 status and Aston's budget and ability to convince Vettel they will be challengers at some point.

KMag and RoGro could also play a part in this. Depending on Haas's plans or if Renault want a stop gap to the new regs. While I don't rate them personally over the last few seasons they would bring experience and some cash.
    Giovinazzi isnt a bad shout, much for the same reasons. All I regard as "making up the numbers quality"

If Renault are serious about long term and believe they can challenge come the new regs then they will be pushing for a top driver. Riccardo was coup for them and it's likely they will want someone on par. Hamilton I can't see going, Leclerc and Verstappen would be the same being no1 at top teams. That leaves Alonso and Vettel as "best" free options with maybe Raikkonen being considered. Raikkonen tho isn't long term but would be a measure for Ocon.
    Bottas, kyvatt, Perez, Hulkenberg are solid best of the rest drivers but dont really scream world class build a team around drivers. Again a useful measure for Ocon.

Youth is another route they could take a punt on. Whatever theyre considering I can see it being a long carefully planned and discussed decision

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well the game of holiday chicken continues. We have it in writing from the holiday company that if the Singapore GP doesn't happen we will be offered a full refund, we have it in writing from the travel insurance that if the Singapore GP is cancelled and we are denied a refund they will cover our costs as we took the insurance out last year, we also have a guarantee from the credit card people that if the GP gets cancelled, the travel company deny a refund and the insurance play silly buggers we can file a dispute with them and get refunded that way as a last resort.

And breathe.

So tomorrow I pay for my trip to the 2020 Singapore GP, that I highly doubt I will be going on :duh:

14. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

what season maybe he will fall off the sofa while fully sober??

Nothing is going to happen so therefore he cant embarass himself anymore.

15. legoman

Alonso has said he would like to come back, ok he will be a little rusty being out a couple of sessions. But going on driver ability I personally would take Alonso for his ability to get cars to places they have no right to be.

Vettel drives well when the car fits his driving style, he just doesn't seem to be able to adapt easily.

16. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I was meant to be in Singapore right now (not for the GP obviously), spent it in the backgarden instead.

Somehow dont see the GP going ahead as planned, but hope for your sake it does. When we were there last year in May they were already getting the the track lighting set up, it takes months of planning and work.

17. fix-the-spade

18. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

The right move for Danny Ric, with the Ferrari seat having gone. McLaren are on the up, and Renault are just a bombscare.

19. fix-the-spade

Unlucky there.

I don't think it's happening, normally Singapore have a load of cruise ships in the harbor to increase hotel capacity on GP week. Cruise ships are banned from Singapore until at least November, which tells me they know they aren't holding the GP, they're just not telling anyone until it's a couple of months away. If it happens at all it will be behind closed doors.

20. legoman