1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant How do I get more internets per second?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 20 May 2020.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I was going to be in the same situation here in Wales. Thankfully, the "Superfast Cymru" initiative realized this would be a problem and installed cabinets in the exchange car park.
    Meaning my 900m-ish direct line is now 30m fibre/870m copper, but I get still 40Mb/s from that.

2. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

That's me. I didn't even google any of the details in the post, I just know it. Need the speccy emoji here!

Their top package is now 80GB and then rate limited after that in peak times -

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If it's any consolation, it's no better here in Germany.

We moved into a newish build, a build that Telekom has exclusive rights to provide with phone and internet. No other provider can provide anything. So we place an order. Some shenanigans later and we don't have the option for the best package, but no matter, it's still a passable package.

Except it doesn't go live when they assure us it will.

Engineer comes out, because their support say there's an issue with the line.

Turns out this property had never, ever, been connected. At all. No phone, no cable, nothing. And yet they, as the exclusive providers, had no idea that this was the case.

Telecoms companies are an absolute joke.