1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Project Gotham Racing 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by fathazza, 19 Nov 2003.

1. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

Ok,

just like to say this game is absolutely frigging brilliant.

Ive just been drivign an aston martin down a princes street(edinburgh, see my location) . And its blooming photorealistic, i was taking the first few laps to just chill and do some window shopping.

I mean even the shops are in the right place... and have the right logos and banner type stuff on them.

The bus stop at the bottom of lothian road is even there.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Its just ruddy cool, to drive in a game on a street that looks like real life!

Right. Now im off to set some lap times. Later i gotta to convince my flatmate to try and beat em in real life at 4 A.M :D

2. SECRETCOMMANDO

SECRETCOMMANDO What's a Dremel?

I didn't much like the first one, but I played the demo of the sequel recently and have to say that the racing really is much better, although the AI are still *******s when it comes to corners [they love to give you that "little nudge"]

I love the engine sounds aswell really really good. Caning a Ferrari around Flourance was cool...

It must be a blast over Xbox Live... You tried it yet? The possibilities of the kudos system online are quite interesting...

It's kind of a shame about the cone challenges though [that they are still there], I really didn't like them in the first game, I find them very pointless...

3. fathazza

tbh, i havent really tried the game proper, just been doing a wee bit on arcade and some multiplayer on the one edinbrugh map ive got ;)

+ as i said a bit of sight seeing ;)

the games physics do seem really tight this time around. Try racing a muscle car in the rain!!! + the rubble pack goes insane on some of the bigger cars.

Ive not got live so cant tell u much there, tho i reckon it could be pretty cool. Normal multiplayer is a blast so live cant be worse. Just fun ramming people from behind and tapping them so they do a 360 when they are just about to go round a corner :) (destruction derby style!)

ill comment again when ive played the game proper a bit more.

But i dont car if its crap. Ill still play , cos its cool recognising the streets and the buildings ;D

4. SECRETCOMMANDO

SECRETCOMMANDO What's a Dremel?

How many cars are in there, do you know?
    I hope it's not just the same lot that are in every racing game ever...
    The classic Ferrari was cool so hopefully there are more "interesting" motors than just Skylines and Evo's and the like...

5. fathazza

umm , i could count em but i cba

safe to say there seem to be loads. at a rough guess id say more than 50

6. Pseudonym

Pseudonym What's a Dremel?

Just got this today and have spent the last few hours playing it.

I can't believe what an improvement this is over the original, and playing through Xbox Live makes it even better.

Looking at the size of the Xbox live rooms in the showroom, I'm looking forward to seeing what downloads become available.

7. fathazza

umm, think there are 102 cars.

at the moment im having lots of fun driving the ascari KZ1. Its sweet. + the noble M12 gto is unbelievably cool ;)

Unfortunately i dont have live :'(. But the live features look pretty funky. and its hot in normal multiplayer so it cant be bad online....

8. sambo

sambo What's a Dremel?

This game is ment to rock

im really looking forward to my brother getting this game :D

i will be playing it more than him ;)

Review here

9. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

i think its safe to say IM NOW GETTING THIS GAME BECAUSE

one: it looks friking amazing!!! :clap:
    two: i have xbox live and this game will be very cool on it!!
    three: i love games like this
    four: well its my b day on xmas day so i'll treat my self on the daay my game shop in town opens again :D:D:D:D:D:D

cant wait!!! woohoo!!

10. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Is this game sort of played like Gran Turismo 3 where you drive, win cars and credits to buy other cars to advance stages, levels etc ?

Or is it just arcadey driving styles...

One thing I do have to say is after looking at the screenshots of the game ... " :jawdrop: "

Tags: