1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current US riot situation

Discussion in 'Serious' started by KayinBlack, 31 May 2020.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Last edited: 6 Jun 2020
  2. RedFlames

3. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

4. RedFlames

5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I've been quite hands-off about Trump til now, as his sins were mostly the sort of domestic philandering, corruption, duplicity and sleaze I expect of most politicians. But this series of events has been the galvanizing force that's made me really loathe him. I can shrug off a leader being a dishonest asshole - most are - but he's crossed an invisible ethical line in my mind separating different gradients of wrongness.

Also, any thoughts how BLM's message translates to different areas of UK society? One area that I thought might really benefit is sports. There are multiple progressive concerns in British sport, tax evasion and homophobia being two of them on my radar, but I presume racism is still another.

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

He's vile.

I really don't understand why he had the police assault every one so he could get a selfie with a bible. I don't even think he begins to understand how disrespectful that was.

I try my absolute best not to hate any one, but I can actually say that my hatred for him is real. Very real.

7. RedFlames

Because he can. Or if you beleive the rumour mill - he didn't like the fact even one was laughing at him and calling him a weak bunker hiding baby and wanted to show how big and tough he was.

He doesn't care.

liratheal likes this.
  8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Trump is an emotionally stunted narcissistic sociopath. Emotionally he operates at the level of a nine-year old at most; intellectually he perhaps manages age 12. He has been carried by his rich daddy and his retinue all his life. Even his own mother thinks he is an idiot.

That he was voted into the White House reflects where half of the American population is at. A nation that is culturally and psychologically immature; that clutches Bible and guns to feel safe and powerful and pursues material wealth expressed in ever bigger cars, bigger food portions, bigger everything; that glorifies violence and sexualises the hell out of everything but cannot really handle sex.

America is a schoolboy. And they voted a schoolboy for President. And here we are. Get ready for the school shooting.

Pete J likes this.
  9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I've heard people describe Trump as a very transactional person - meaning he needs to see a benefit to him in everything he considers. Apparently, the white house staff have re-organised their way of reporting and presenting options to him skewed to show how good it will look in the media. He won't consider a tough course of action if the benefit is long term i.e. it won't have an immediate positive impact on his image.

I'd never heard the term Transactional Person before; probably because I've never needed to. That's because I come from a fairly crude working class background and we called people like that self-centred cnuts.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  10. walle

walle Minimodder

He campaigned as a self made man promising to drain the swamp in Washington, it appealed to most people at the time so they voted for him. He said what they wanted to hear. It's what politicians do.

They're all narcissistic sociopaths to a greater or lesser degree, it's what they all have in common.
    Trump's one of those who doesn't hide it all too well, however, this was not so obvious from the start.

Last edited: 7 Jun 2020
  11. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

Off topic. I hate that wrongful expression "drain the swamp" which is implying a swamp is a nasty place. A swamp is one of the most valuable ecosystems on earth and abundance in wildlife.

12. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

As a human being would you like to live in it though :)

13. Vault-Tec

That is American business fella. It's terribly cut throat. All he has done is continually prove what an asshole he is by cutting throats. For some reason a lot of the American population seem to dig that way of thinking.

Just as an example here. My ex boss (a Californian failed actress) moved from CA to NJ to open a business. Why? because in CA they have laws very alike the UK about treating people like utter garbage (well, not that we are much better now. I see we have copied their 0 hour contracts and etc) but let me give you an example of why she moved 3000+ miles from her birthplace to run a business. It's because in New Jersey the laws on employment are very different. You can tread on people (literally). When I got my jobs I had to sign a waiver to say that I can be fired for any reason AT ALL and take no recourse. So for example, if I turned up to work with an earring and they didn't like it they could sack me. If I dyed my hair? sack.

But it doesn't just end there. In the U.S if you are employed for 40 hours a week then the company you work for must offer you a benefits plan. Not like, the dole, but healthcare. So if I worked 40 hours a week for a company they need to offer me a quite heavily reduced price medical insurance package. So how did she circumvent that? simple, we were not allowed to work more than 36 hours per week. This means she had to offer jack s**t. So no money was ever coming out of her pocket. If you complained? she just cut your hours. If you turned up through the night for when the TV shows (IE lying adverts went out) she would force you to clock out if you were even so much as approaching 40 hours.

So that means that absolutely nobody I worked with had any healthcare insurance at all. Nothing. No sick pay, so she would just demand you turn up for work even if you were on death's door. So when one person there got the flu? they would bring it to work and we would all get it.

And that is how they keep the poor poor. And will continue to keep them poor. And TBH? it doesn't just apply to black people. It applies to any one whose parents can not afford them a college education. If you can not afford a college education? then you can go to what they call a "community college" but you will be forever marred by that, because what college you graduated from has a huge bearing on whether you would get picked for a job. In the USA experience is absolutely and utterly meaningless. I had been working with computers for 20 years by then, and had run a shop for four years. Didn't count for squat. My first job out there? Blockbuster Video.

Thankfully Karma eventually did catch up with her. She was caught telling outright lies about her herbal cures, and fined several million dollars. She went bankrupt. However, in the case of people like Trump? there is no karma.

It continually scares the **** out of me that we become more and more like them every day. That we will lose the NHS and me? I will be completely Donald Ducked if that happens.

Oh, and it seems we will all be eating chlorinated chicken and mmmm, yummy hormonal steaks that make cows bleed from their udders. And, they won't even have to tell us which is that crap and which is British.

14. RedFlames

Again, this was 5 years ago... and a lot of the stuff sounds real familiar [as do the people saying it].

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This is the most depressing thing I've ever heard.

I have moved from skepticism to cynicism; if BLM is correct and well aimed, I still fear it will do no good at all. Riots reaffirm the right's stereotypes that the left are all violent troublesome thugs, and demotivate and divide the left and delegitimize the protests. But if it can somehow start a political process, I hope one thing that gets addressed is America's employment situation, 'cos it ****ed.

Unrelated. A friend of mine in the met is going on riot duty today. I'm terrified for his safety. I don't think half these people are there for BLM; knowing the Brits, they're just there to lamp a copper.

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

IMO, the only way America is ever going to change is for the worse.

The people who might try and make change don't tell enough lies to sooth the masses, and the people who do tell enough want to keep their money, and keep the "poor" (IE: Not as wealthy as them) under foot.

It doesn't help that while the president has term limits, other aspects of the government doesn't.

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It was pretty obvious; people just didn't want to see it. There was all talk about "oh, that's just campaign rhetoric; he will act more moderately and statesmanlike once he is elected.". Because people didn't want to believe that politics had sunk that low, had become a caricature farce. Well, we're still waiting for that transformation. What people voted for is exactly what they got.

Same with Boris Johnson here. People expected that once he was PM, he would tone down his popular, racism-light dishevelled act and pull his socks up and be serious. He didn't. Again, what people voted for is exactly what they got.

edzieba likes this.
  18. Vault-Tec

They don't say "Have a nice day !" because they want to. That is part of their miserable job.
    Obama was doing the right thing. Sadly he was also charging higher taxes on the rich and giving it to the poor via Obamacare.

First thing Trump did when he got into office? scrap Obamacare.

My mate was quite ill at that point (in the head) and was working, but not 40 hours per week so he couldn't even go and see a shrink. Thankfully he has a proper job now and some benefits, but yeah eyes on the ground weren't good.

19. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

That is a big oopsie for Bunkerb*tch:

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday...-in-any-way-support-trump-will-vote-for-biden

20. Vault-Tec

Last edited: 7 Jun 2020