1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Even if I don't agree with the part of that statement regarding tea (mainly because I can't stand tea of any sort), I do agree that now is not the time to leave, @Jeff Hine.

Ignore the moaning people and keep the doge busy, mate. Secretly he enjoys it, I'm sure.

Arboreal and adidan like this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Exactly. @Jeff Hine if we don't keep the Doge @MLyons busy then he'll be out of a job.

None of us want to put a puppy out on the streets do we.

MLyons, Vault-Tec and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

lol I just totally fell out of the loft. I was totally day dreaming and did it on muscle memory, but forgot I was about 1ft away from where I normally exit backward.

Ladder broke my fall, and my knee and arm took the impact. I wish I had a camera running down here that would have been so funny. Thankfully I didn't put any part of my body through the ceiling.

IanW and MLyons like this.
  4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

If I want nothing of me being here left on the site after I leave, I have to remove it before I do... and with all due respect, @GeorgeStorm STOP replying to stuff I don't want replies in; YOU are part of the thinking here that's making me leave... you don't care about what I post so stop antagonising me BY posting.

FTR - I don't want convincing to stay where I feel I'm not wanted.

5. adidan

@Jeff Hine i'm not sure why you feel that way but then i'm not you and i'd be sorry to see you go.

But it's up to you, of course, i would hope you reconsider. Perhaps just take a break and see how you feel later? I know I and several others have done that in the past.

But yeah, I hope whatever you choose helps you, that's the important thing at the end of the day.

perplekks45 and Bloody_Pete like this.
  6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Um, you're posting on a forum. If your subject matter elicits a reaction from someone reading it, you're going to get a response; whether you want/like it or not.

If the act of posting some of your material is purely cathartic and doesn't require a response, might I suggest you create a blog for that specific stuff and link to it in your forum signature? You know, separate the stuff you don't want a response to from the forum you clearly enjoy participating in on other matters.

GeorgeK, The_Crapman, Shirty and 7 others like this.
  7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Sorry for making you feel that way.

Have you tried the discord, more conversational with less of a feeling things need to be 'worth' replying to or anything like that.

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Caught another dose of cellulitis on my lower right leg last week. Been on 2000mg of penicillin per day all week and although it has helped a lot, things are not clearing up as I would expect them to do. Got another day's worth of pills to take, but need to call the doc again tomorrow. Have a horrible suspicion that they might tell me to get down to A&E with it (I'm diabetic) so putting together my kits of stuff to take with me just in case I get admitted. I cannot say how strongly I feel about not wanting that to happen, not so much the being in hospital thing, but I have my wife that I need to be looking after, she doesn't have a lot of movement due to constant fibromyalgia pain. We have 4 cats to take care of too. I can't be away from them all for too long as I am the one who cooks, washes, feeds them, moves the boxes around for scooping, changes the litter (ok, so that's a 50:50 thing).

Thankfully I have a bus that will take me directly there so I won't get reamed on parking charges, and I know that they will get things sorted out, I just really don't want to have to go there.

9. adidan

Today? Bagging up a massive dog turd.

I don't have a dog.

Some effin selfish piece of crap let their dog dump right outside our house near the car.

I mean, c'mon ffs.

10. David

Dan, we know it was you.

Turn off your IP cam, dude!

Mr_Mistoffelees, adidan and MLyons like this.
  11. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Tropical storm Cristobal knocked out the power. Rolling outage too, hope the electronics are ok.

12. KayinBlack

Power just came back on. We positively lost the microwave, its cord is burned black. Hoping nothing else is.

13. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Awwww maaaaan...

Had an influx of eBay sales last few days, packaged up, 5 Hermes, 1 DX, 1 ParcelForce happy days!

back to work today for me, making sure the door was opened and correct parcels went out was down to to the missus. ParcelForce was Wednesday so left under the stairs.

instant confusion occurred when new on the job Hermes guy turns up looking for a single parcel instead of five , missus gives him parcel for DX he doesn’t question and writes in barcode (clearly machine gave no error?) takes away.

DX guys turns up and can’t find parcel he is expected to collect in 5 Hermes parcels walking away empty handed.

I wait for Hermes guy tonight to no avail, missus comes in giving me receipt for “man who took massive brown box” I say “you mean DX?” When she hands me a Hermes receipt....

so now I need to retrieve parcel from Hermes, reschedule DX. Get five parcels to Hermes and hope to god she doesn’t give them the parcelforce package

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment, work isnt turning out as id hoped and 9 months in I feel like I'm standing still; even moving backwards. Want to jump ship but covid has messed up a lot of the jobs market so I'm ****ing stuck.

15. David

Well, sh!t... That's just bloody awful.

Sorry, Tre, I missed your post until a few minutes ago.

Do you think it was just a random glitch, or might you have been targeted by a drone jammer? Yeah, there are miserable bastards out there who order diy GPS jamming kits and go out to deliberately ruin someone's day.

Arboreal likes this.
  16. KayinBlack

So far as I know my laptop still has not shipped. The problem is I don't want some poor git shot trying to ship it cause cops suck. I am therefore in a complete quandary. I want this laptop. I purchased a specific 240w adapter for it. I have a fast SSD for it. But I had no idea how bad protests were going to get.

Anyone know how best to tell eBay the guy has 100% feedback and he's talking to me. Don't screw up his account because the world's gone mad?

Got an update with a FedEx number. Shipping is faster, and at least it should be moving.

Hope they don't deliver it to my neighbor again.

Last edited: 10 Jun 2020
  17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm getting irrationally angry about German bank holidays.

Largely because they often seem to be in the middle of the week, EG, there's one tomorrow.

But Germany has everything worth visiting on a day off shut on bank holidays, so you can't exactly go and do something you'd normally have done on a Saturday. And then there's the noise rules, so you can't do anything unless you stay reasonably quiet.

So why even bother with a sodding "holiday". It's a day off during which you can do **** all except mill about and kill time unless you happen to have a quiet hobby. Best of all, because it's in the middle of the sodding week, you still have to go to work the day after anyway so you can't even use that pointless day off to accomplish something like travelling somewhere for a day somewhere you couldn't normally get to and back in a weekend.

The girlfriend often lamented the UK having less bank holidays than Germany, but at least the UK ones were passably fecking useful.

Eugh.

18. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Missed the delivery for my waterblock mount as I was having a meeting! Damn work getting in the way of my PC upgrading!

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Missing deliveries :(

At least 3 items I ordered last Monday/Tuesday still haven't turned up yet, and they're all with Royal Mail.

I know COVID-19 is making life a lot more difficult right now, I know it's likely stuff will get delayed, and it's not like anything I've ordered is really essential. But it's still frustrating as hell :(.

20. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The local Hermes guy who delivered and collected from me on Monday was VERY stressed, he said he had over 200 parcels in his van.

I imagine the volume is affecting all delivery services.