1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress CyberPunked Two 077

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by rchiileea, 28 Jan 2020.

1. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

Hi all and welcome to my next mod project, CyberPunked Two 077, the name is reference to something, but I will leave that until the later stages for you guys to figure out, although I know you have figured out that of course this rig is going to be themed on cyberpunk 2077. Let begin this crazy journey with thanks to the sponsors involved in this.

[​IMG]

Website, Facebook, Youtube

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to thank all the sponsors involved who without none of this would be possible.

So First up shall we take a look at what the guts of the system is going to be?

[​IMG]

:O yes I am amazed to, it’s going to be a beast, not only will we be using the Aorus C621 Xtreme motherboard, we have a 28 Core Intel Xeon W-3275 for the motherboard, also to top it off there are 2x 2080ti Gigabyte Gaming OC 11G cards.

[​IMG]

Need more idea of the size of this mobo, let me throw it into the lian li PC-011 dynamic XL version (which I will be using in the build).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can clearly see this is a monster of a motherboard, but I have plans for it, first though I need to fab a mount to make sure the board mounts correctly, Lian li do sell a E-ATX mount for this case as seen above, but its designed for another brands motherboard and would not work with this board, so here is what I came up with.

[​IMG]

So now I need to sand the raw alu down and paint it black then do some sanding on the edges to get the worn look. Moving back to the motherboard, let us take a look at it naked.

[​IMG]

Ermm yes that’s going to need some serious cooling, let’s see what we can do about that.

[​IMG]

The Bitspower block, is rather large and one of the ports sits under the IO, The main question here is do I keep the io shield and drill a hole through on the drill press, or do I leave it off, having looked at the reference images from the game, a lot of metal stuff seems to be worn down a bit. So I decided after cutting and sanding and prepping for paint I actually like the worn look a lot, so I removed the right chipset cooler as well and gave it the same treatment.

[​IMG]

Yes I did just take a very expensive motherboard and use 600 grit on the alu parts (of course removing them first :p), I made the rub down near the hole in the io panel more intense due to that I will poking a carbon black bitspower extension in there. Anyway stay peeled as I add more stuff over the next couple of months and see what we can come up with in the end.​

Last edited: 15 Oct 2020
  2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Plug Plug Plug Plug Plug Plug Plug
    I gotta see this PSU.

3. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

This PSU, you mean the two Seasonic 1000w primes :p

4. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

Still I need 4 x 8 pin connectors too

5. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

For the motherboard, 4x cpu "P

6. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

ah, I see, well case has 2 PSU spots anyway so not an issue.

7. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

Small little update, some of you may know or not, my wife is very talented with a dremel at creating images from 1000s of dots, here is the start of the front panel engraving.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes I know it's back to front, but it's being done on the inside, so once complete it will be flipped.

idpcmods, lowfat and Cheapskate like this.
  8. Cheapskate

Ah! The real reason it's named 2077 isn't the game tie-in. :lol: You torture that woman... Or is this some modern version of crochet?

Mizuwari likes this.
  9. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

I also reward her very very well

10. kim

kim hardware addict

amazing engraving skills, pure awesomeness, yes I remember her fantastic work on Timeless warriors, you're a great modder, but she is a great artist :grin:

rchiileea likes this.
  11. Joel3630

Joel3630 What's a Dremel?

That board is just insane ...looks better rubbed down btw :thumb:

rchiileea likes this.
  12. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

I agree, ad soon as the enges stared showing through after prepping for paint, I knew I had to carry on, I also on test fitting the extender in the whole that due to it not being silver under powder coat and looking new I had to do extra around it so it's even tougher sanded down

13. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

So it has been a while since the last update for obvious reasons, but lets crack on shall we, I wanted to paint the top panel and front side panel with a yellow and a bluey green pearl airbrush for the art I was putting down.

First the yellow basecoat and then flattening it was done

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Next it was time to airbrush the design onto the panels, then paint with a fine tip brush some smears onto it (extra paint blobbed down in some areas).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After doing this normally we would be moving onto flattening it smooth with a very fine compound, but as I wanted a worn look a coarse compound was used.

[​IMG]

I am happy with the result, but as with previous mods, I always get ummm and ahhh and more, or should I have done less in my thoughts when doing wear on a buld. On the front panel IO ports I also took the file too them to add some wear and chipping as if the pc was worn a bit these ports should be the most worn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the top it’s a different story, I wanted to add wear but keep the cyberpunk logo more intact than the rest.

[​IMG]

Then after this it was onto clearcoating, this will be done in stages to get a deep gloss finish, this is after stage one

[​IMG]

So slowly coming along bit by bit, why I let the second coat of lacquer dry I moved onto the motherboard heatsinks and io shield, I decided despite what I had done earlier I wanted to do it different so painted them all matt black. Here was what inspired me from in game footage.

[​IMG]

So I wanted to recreate this style onto the io shields and make it look like someone has used a key or something to scratch the designs in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The worst thing about doing this was due to the size I had to do it with a sewing needle which my fingers did not like one bit, but we are moving along now with the build and more will follow.

Until next time.

neSSa, Cheapskate and idpcmods like this.
  14. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

So final coat of lacquer dried yesterday and I polished it up, so happy with the finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy with how it came out tbh, onto the next job now.

15. Cheapskate

Looking beautiful. :D
    You could fit the needle in an x-acto blade handle, but I guess if you had one you'd just use an x-acto knife.

16. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

I tried a knife to do it this small, I tried a few things to hold the needle, but it kept just pushing through the item with presure needed, so I heated needle and bent it so the top was not stabbing me, but it still made my fingers sore lol

Last edited: 19 Jun 2020
  17. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

So another small little update for you guys, this time just painted a few things and added a tester neon string light that I will be replacing with a pink one.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I like the way its come out and when the pink one arrives I will glue it down so its straight, also on the subject of the case I don’t a quick assemble to see how the yellow panels looked.

[​IMG]

So happy with how its come out, but obviously its now time to do the samurai logo on the back panel, this was probably the hardest to do due to the layering up of the paint to get desired effect, ill go into detail after the picture.

[​IMG]

Might not look like much but this is 4 layers of paint for a worn look to match the build, I done etching primer (not a classed as one of the 4), then pearl black as base of artwork, when that dried i sprayed pearl silver, then using a cotton wool bud dabbed hairspray in cerian areas i wanted to stay silver sprayed over with platinum pearl then dabbed areas i wanted to go back to the platinum and used some red over that lol,... then used hairdryer in some areas to make the red paint not have chance to fume out in some areas to get a rough surface to get the desired look, I am happy with how it came out.

Moving on I have laid the basic graphics down on the mouse with a metallic basecoat and just need to do the top layer now

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Top layer will be a translucent colour, added some extra thick paint as with the case via a brush then will sand back the graphics to add some wear to it too to match.

Moving on I have the headsets to paint as well, but as a lot of people that paint will tell you it does not always go to plan as I must of picked up a old can of primer for the headset (same one used on mice but different can) as despite looking hard, the moment the metallic base was drying on it, the **** started bubbling up so I have to re sand those back. Other than that no issues so far.

I will 100% need in final photos and video need to get plenty of lighting on this due to the pearl being really fine, to get it to sparkle.

More coming a lot sooner once I have completed the mice, I also have a special thing lined up for inside the case that involves a small info screen, not transparent, but not what you would normally expect either.

ASPHIAX and Cheapskate like this.
  18. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Awesome work!

rchiileea likes this.
  19. xmanrigger

xmanrigger What's a Dremel?

Awesome work. looking forward to the end result. And release of the game. I really like your creativeness in paint design. Rather than a gloss clear coat, would a satin finish be more fitting and make it look more aged and beat up? I am not a painter by any means. Just wondering.

Anyways, good luck with the build and I look forward to updates.

20. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

How does one get sponsors? Serious! I don't even care about the pc that much just doing mods

Been doing mods since the Pentium mmx days not even a coupon for paint to date