1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ubiquiti Unifi UAP

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ant1981, 19 Jun 2020.

1. Ant1981

Ant1981 Minimodder

Is it me, or are these complicated.

I installed one years ago, I can't remember how to log into one to manage it at all. It's still in use and works, but I can't for the life of me work out how to get into it. I've got the controller software on the computer but I can't get in.

Any ideas?

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Open a web browser and browse to the name/IP address of the computer and port 8443, e.g. 127.0.0.1:8443

3. Ant1981

Ant1981 Minimodder

It doesn't let you in that way.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If you've removed (Deliberately, or inadvertently) the site configuration then you're going to need to reconfigure, reset the AP and re-adopt in the "new" site.

If you've changed nothing but have updated Java on the machine with the controller software, try manually adding the current version of the java.exe through the firewall - Windows controllers have bitten me like that countless times.

You should be able to SSH into the AP. By default, before adoption, the credentials are ubnt and ubnt or something similar. After adoption, they'll be whatever SSH username/password is prescribed in the controller software. For my version of the controller software (5.13.29) that's Settings>Network>Device Authentication and there's a bunch of SSH options there - Of course, this is only relevant if your controller isn't "fresh" as it were. I can't remember if the ubnt account and credentials are disabled after adoption or if some other ****ery takes place. Or, even, if I manually changed the ubnt password and promptly forgot what it was - But the ubnt account doesn't work for me anymore.

5. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

I have also heard you can use the app to configure an ap directly without the controller, not great to scale but for 1 ap it might work.

6. Speedo

Speedo What's a Dremel?

Which part can't you log in to, the controller software (installed on a PC/Server or Cloud Key) or the AP?

The AP itself does have SSH, but the password is changed from the default ubnt/ubnt once it's adopted by the controller - you can specify what this password is in the controller software.

If it's a clean install of the controller software and you don't have a backup, you'll need to reconfigure the settings in the controller, reset the AP and adopt it in your new controller. You can adopt either within the controller platform itself, or you can use the phone app or chrome plug-in as a middleman (mainly useful if the controller is remote, or on a different network).