1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've found some lovely little gems in there, any one of which was probably worth the $5 on its own:

Silicon Zeroes - a Zach-like in which you attempt to build a CPU from discrete components. Well, in theory: what actually happened to me is it rapidly outstripped my intelligence and I got stuck halfway through the second set of puzzles. Still, it was fun for a while.

Minit - little indie puzzle game in which the day ends after just one minute. Was actually looking to buy that a while back but never got around to it.

A Short Hike - platformer meets walking simulator, written in Unity with a custom big-blocky-pixels filter over the top. Lovely, and again something I was thinking of buying anyway.

2064: Read Only Memories - I actually did buy this neat little point-and-click adventure a while back, but if I hadn't I'd be very pleased to find it here.

Sky Rogue - mildly diverting Rogue-lite-like shoot-'em-up done in a classic Sega Virtua-Something style. Repetitive, but worth a look.

Hunter's Moon Remastered - it's a Commodore 64 game, how could I not love it? I actually own the original Hunter's Moon on tape, but this is a lovely update.

Beacon - Rogue-lite-like isometric shooter with some interesting mechanics and a mildly diverting plot. Sadly, it's only a demo - which I discovered after getting to the end and it just suddenly... stopping.

Celeste - Rock-hard platformer. Good if you feel your blood pressure is too low.

Overland, Night in the Woods - haven't tried 'em yet, but I've heard good things so they're on my list.

Even if I don't touch any of the other 1,500-some entries in the bundle, that's... 40p a game.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I completely agree. And out of the list you provided there's even one game I would be slightly interested in (Celeste) if I didn't already own it from when it was free on Epic.

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I've only tried Overland so far which I'm enjoying with the OH, Celeste I already own and think is great and would definitely recommend (and Towerfall which was made by the same guy/company), and A Short Hike is downloaded ready to try.

Started a game of Don't Starve Together with both my OH and brother so that'll be fun when we're all available, but it's mainly been Desperados III for me this week.

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Another one for the good stuff list:

No Pineapple left behind

Also another brutal platformer (not as well made as Celeste but then Celeste is the pinnacle of the genre) is They Bleed Pixels.

5. oscy

oscy Modder

This isn't new news, but I just remembered the Xbox (and PC) Game Pass exists, which is like Netflix for games, but first month is £1 for any of the Passes - Xbox, PC or Ultimate (Xbox + PC).

If you're on Xbox Rewards and only ever use the daily page, click on everything, then leave, it only takes a month or 3 to get a month's Pass free too. I'll use it for The Outer Worlds, Streets of Rage 4, A Plague's Tale, all the Gears etc.

2064 stood out for me as I've already played it, there are others, but I'm delving into it now. I'm playing my wishlist games first, then I'll just skim through the list checking each game for a few seconds, not gonna play all 1700...

6. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

Project Cars 2 is £6.49 and works in VR

Does anyone no if it will with the quest link up?

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

perplekks45 likes this.
  9. perplekks45

What? You mean no instant gratification cycle? No 5000 random achievements per hour? No getting stronger than God within five minutes of playing to make sure you get no negative experiences like... dying? Now where's the fun in that? :lol:

Fizzban likes this.
  10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Also make sure to pick up the sequel (it is on sale pretty often), slightly less hectic due to turn based combat but also a bloody masterpiece:thumb:

11. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Damn, didn't realise PoE2 was turn based :(

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Forgot to mention it does have real time as well (but it's optional and not exactly polished, although that may have improved with patches since I last played it).

13. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Ah ok. Yea I like turn based games too but I've always preferred real time with pause for games like BG/IWD et all. Was why I was sad about BG3.

14. silk186

silk186 Derp

Personally, I'm considering Undermine after watching DangerouslyFunny play it while I eat meals.

15. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Might be old news, but the Steam Summer Sale has started and runs for a couple weeks. A ton of money-grabbing bargains to be had.

Few things caught my eye:
    Bioshock (all of them) for £8
    Far Cry 5 for £12.48
    Doom Eternal for £25
    HL:Alyx for £36
    Titanfall 2 for £8
    Witcher trilogy for £10

16. perplekks45

Is that normally a full-price game? :eeek:

17. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Well it’s been at £46 ish since launch I think, given it’s a new release :)

Given it’s a Valve game though, one can expect regular discounts.

18. perplekks45

That is steeper than I thought, tbh.

19. oscy

oscy Modder

Valve were happy to destroy everyone else with 90% discounts selling them for £2 until it was their own game.

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Valve doesn't control the base price or the discount percentage, both are determined solely by the game publisher.