1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete ⭐ Minnow - Watercooled SFF PC

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by CP-3D, 8 Jun 2020.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Fellow back panel .dxf flipper! :thumb: It looks fine. The whole setup came out great.

Edit: Oh... :worried: and pump top file flipper... and a few other things.

2. CP-3D

CP-3D What's a Dremel?

Lol glad to hear I’m not alone. It was literally the only panel that was even possible to flip. All the others are symmetrical.

3. CP-3D

CP-3D What's a Dremel?

Hello again!

it’s been a while. Since last post, I’ve bought all the components.

circumstances dictated that I needed to get everything setup quickly, so for the moment we have an Air Minnow. The only real wrinkle that presented was the positively massive stock cooler for the 3900x. I printed a temporary split side panel to accommodate the aptly named spire.

I also decided to just have the two top fans pull air through the empty rad as opposed to having a big hole at the top.

looking towards the future, some near term upgrades that probably don’t warrant an update are a fan header splitter to get the bottom case fan running, since the spire is currently occupying the header on the board that was meant for it. I’m also currently daisy chaining 2 200mm riser cables since one turned out to be too short. I have a 300mm one on the way.

However, the next post I make will hopefully be the final one as I move the minnow over to its rightful state of a custom loop.

including some WIP photos.

ivory2k19, ModWorx and Cheapskate like this.
  4. CP-3D

CP-3D What's a Dremel?

ITS FINALLY DONE!!!

Plumbing went really smoothly, all the fittings and tubing runs cleared just the way they were supposed to. While I waited for an rgb splitter, I’ve been running it pretty consistently and no leaks at all!

It runs pretty darn quiet for it’s size and it definitely chucks some hot air out of the top while gaming.

All and all I’m thrilled with it!

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Awesome! :D It's a lovely Spartan, efficient design.
    -Someone is going to give you heck about not shortening the cables, but it's not me. I hate doing cables.

6. TerHorstCustoms

TerHorstCustoms Minimodder

That is build looks great!

7. CP-3D

CP-3D What's a Dremel?

haha thank you for sticking with me the whole way through.

If I'm gonna put any more effort into the cabling than I already did, there better be some glass in the case lol

8. CP-3D

CP-3D What's a Dremel?

Many Thanks!