1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding I just wanted to say....

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Tech-Daddy, 10 Dec 2003.

1. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

THANKS!!!!!

This forum is the greatest gathering of modding talent I have ever seen! Ego's are checked at the door, and it is all help! All that cussing and swearing that happens on other boards was just driving on my nerves. This is a good, mature and extrememly helpful board!

I have been lurking/reading and I'm getting ready to post up a project that was completely inspired by what I have read on this board.

With the case prep work, wet sanding, polishing, cutting, vinyl dye, etc, I have a good mod case in the works. I was employed by a friend to come up with a modded case for their child. I have come up with a good color scheme, and a good paint effect.

Adonized blue on the internal case, blue/fade to black for the external case. Window cut will be a tribal flame entertwined from top to bottom (just need to finish up the design so that I do not obscure too much of the case internals. Front bezel, CD-ROM and floppy plastics have all been vinyl dyed black.

UV Red cable sleeving, with UV reactive IDE and Floppy cables. 2 x 12" UV ccfl's. 2 blue UV reactive/quad led 80mm case fans, and the power supply has been painted adonized blue with a red/blue dual color quad led fan in the power supply.

I'm going to try and get a piece of plexi and draw in the ATX port configuration for this board so that I can mount it in the rear of the case and completely seal the case. Will try to etch the plexi and then wrap it with an el rope so that the ports are lighted from the edges.

The internal UV ccfl's switch is mounted front side. I cut a small hole in the lower left of the fron bezel to accomidate.

ALl of the pics will be posted up shortly, but I just wanted to thank this forum and it users, and to let them know that this place has so much info in it. It is just such a joy to browse through and learn.

Wow...

That was a bit longer than I expected. I'm of now to work on pics and try to get some of this stuff posted in the next few days. (My painting has been hampered by a cold front that just dipped us down into the upper 30's... not good for painting! )

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks again,

2. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

I think I speak for everyone when I say "Thanks for the great comments, It's good to hear."

Your project sounds really smart, can't wait to see some pics up in the project logs forum. Perhaps we might have a contender to go up against the mighty Orac³ project? :D

Anyway good luck, hope the board brings you more help, usefull comments.

:dremel:

Last edited: 10 Dec 2003
  3. 5am

5am What's a Dremel?

Hey, it's only my second post, but I agree wholeheartedly. Best modding site and best modders on the planet congregate here from what I've read and seen. Folks are genuinely helpful and pleasant, which is pretty darn near freakish when you think about it. Oh and props to the moderators.

And lastly, three cheers for the modding god g-gnome. Long may he mod so the rest of us have a standard darn near impossible to meet.

4. ChegsJAR

ChegsJAR What's a Dremel?

its all true
    I want to see Pics! The case sounds kool I want to see

5. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

Tech-Daddy, and 5am, welcome to the forums.
    that case sounds really nice, so good luck with it, and, just between you and me, you should put some pics up as soon as you can. :naughty:

6. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

Welcome to the boards and thanks for the comments.

We have found that the trend of respectful and helpful attitude is self feeding. Keep the trash out and more and more talent comes in and it grows. You are starting your first mod now (and it sounds great btw) and in a few months you will find yourself helping someone new to the boards, that's how it works. Just beware, it is addictive....

:D :rock:

7. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

[​IMG]

i try to help

back the [​IMG]

8. tamffc

tamffc What's a Dremel?

sorry to go off topic but,craigey1 were u from pal,im a born and bred feltham/bedfont man.

9. Tech-Daddy

That man is insane with excellent mod ideas... I avert my eyes from the typing of that project reference!!!
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Thanks for the support! I'll hopefully have some pics up here soon!

I also found another "unmodded" version of the case here @ my work. I'll likely put them side by side, just to give a good idea of what all happened to the case! :thumb:

10. Tech-Daddy

This actually is not my first mod, but it WILL be my first "completed" mod! I have 2 more in the wings that are staged in the project logs forum... I just need time!

Oh yeah, and some weather that will cooperate with said allotment of time! ;)

You are right, this stuff really is addictive! :thumb: :thumb:

BTW, I love your Sig! Your wife sounds like a riot!

11. relix

relix Minimodder

Welcome all of you :D

That case is gonna roxor some boxors! :D
    Can't wait for the pics :thumb:

Eddie_dame is completely correct on the self-feeding thing. If you are helped by a friendly person, you feel an inner urge to help someone too, and then comes along the question about something you know something about and wush, you're off, typing a helpful response that'll hopefully aid that person in his quest. It really is addictive.

Of course it is definetly not a requirement, so don't feel bad when you can't answer any questions yet, your time will come :)

12. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

I live in Slough. :rolleyes:

13. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

She is, but she's still not as funny as she thinks she is....

rereads my own sig

Uh oh, I'm in trouble again..... :hehe:

14. penski

penski BodMod

I demand to have some booze!

Sorry...Pics...I demand to have some pics :)

Welcome to the forums, get a log started and takes lots and lots of pretty, pretty, sweet, delicious...candy...Pictures. :)

*n

15. Tech-Daddy

I will have a post in the Project Logs in about an hour. I'm cropping and compressing the pictures (your welcome modem users!) and will have the thread up and viewable before the hour is out.

Took me a few minutes to get my digi cam to take proper night photos. :eyebrow:

Gimme a few, and I promise I'll have an up to the minute status on this!

Back in a bit! (no pun intended!)

16. Tech-Daddy

17. ChegsJAR

ChegsJAR What's a Dremel?

everyone is nice but we all demand pictures :D