1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PC gaming is on the rise according to JPR research

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 8 Jul 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

My 7 year daughter is just getting into some PC games and my 14 year old nephew has just got his first decent gaming PC.
    My 21 years old step lad his a heavy gamer too, but only issue is that none of them can build (obviosuly the 7 year old is ok) or maintain a gaming PC.
    The lad is an elctical engineer but I had to help him buy and replace his PSU other month.

3. Scasne

Scasne What's a Dremel?

Yeah not really surprising, being an electrician doesn't meant your good at electronics (not saying he cant be though without knowing his skillsets and actual interests) I'm afraid, bizarrely friend went to uni doing a degree in coding, circuit design etc and he was one of a handfull on the course that actually built their own machines.

I do wonder if some of these people buying new machines are partly because they also have a partner who is working from home and both need a pc to work on so they are upgrading themselves, i've personally built an old pc i had lying around into an old VCR as a lockdown project and bought a second hand motherboard bundle to be a spare encase my main rig dies as shes an old 2nd gen i7 to give you an idea of age.

On an aside how are you coping with your 7 yr old and not emptying bank accounts? I've got an 18 month old so too young atm but was thinking of if/when time comes setting up his own account and gifting him games so there never actually any payment details linked to his account.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Until the new consoles come out.

This time next year: "PC gaming is on the decline" shocker.

Don't get me wrong - PCMR an' all that, but meh

Tags: Add Tags