1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

They kept up-gunning them to keep up with power/feature creep elsewhere. Plus it felt like every army was almost tailor to mulch marine-equivalent units.

Regular marines needed to be closer to Custards or Grey Kniggits rules-wise to fit their lore description. And I think going the Resartes route would cause less backlash than simply buffing regular marines to where they probably should've been.

Marines should be like 3rd ed Necrons [or my memory of them at least]; relatively few in number, relatively short-ranged [but powerful] weaponry and a complete 'mare to kill.

Remember when nothing in the Marine arsenal went past 48" in range? I remember.

Last edited: 10 Jul 2020
  2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Moar pictures!

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah. There's a lot of guff I don't want or need, but we'll see.

I kind of want the assault intercessors and the same couple of bits as you.

Edit:

Well. At 152€ that's not a bad price. I picked it up because.. I'm impatient and I'd wager the stuff I want won't be out for months.

Last edited: 11 Jul 2020
  4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Well, apparently it all solid out in about 8-10 minutes globally. :/

I was in the car this morning so I couldn't log onto GW.

€155... or €500 now on fleabay. Scalping bastids!

liratheal likes this.
  5. liratheal

Yup. Robbery in all but name.

There's one seller on eBay with at least 12, they have 24 listings for sections of the set.

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Predictably there are a lot of folks are that are not too happy about the way that these were sold again. Limited availability and selling out on the UK site in 15 minutes. Especially as they are now popping up on Ebay for huge amounts as you said with things like "5 available" or even more... Apparently there was going to be another, larger bundle available as well that included the Indomitus box, but that got pulled from sale almost immediately with the indomitus boxes going back into general availability (or so rumour has it - sounds logical though).

Also, I will never understand why things like this go on a pre-order during the middle of the month when most people will be getting paid towards the end. Of course, it doesn't stop it selling out, as we have seen, but there will be quite a few folks who would have been otherwise able to afford it had the orders gone up a couple of weeks later...

/*edit*/ I see the pre-order bonus coins are up on ebay too, for £25 each...

7. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Ontabletop appeared to still have a handful for pre-order earlier this evening, all gone now though.I decided not to bother, there just isn't enough in the box I actually want!

8. liratheal

Yeah.

It's a real quandary why they put big stuff out in the middle of the month. It's not like they don't have smaller releases to keep with their new schedule in between.

This box is.. well, mostly pap unless you want most of the models or the rulebook.

I reckon I'll paint some of the more interesting necrons and sell painted, and see what I feel like with the warriors later. As for the marines I'm not putting myself through building another bike, so those will likely get sold on the frame. The rest has some place in a Templar army, for display or otherwise, so I guess I'll see how I feel when it's all in front of me. Part of me is tempted to paint up the primaris captain and sell it on, though.

9. Almightyrastus

As much as it galls me to do so, I'll probably end up ebaying for the captain and chaplain types. Should hopefully be able to picked up for around a tenner each.

I think I've reached the point with all my gw stuff that for the first time in 30 years, I'll be looking at selling off some stuff. I've got things like a load of mechanicus and Harlequins that are all painted up but have not left a carry case for a couple of years. Use the money to get the odd one or two models that I fancy rather than doing yet another army that I'll never use...

10. liratheal

While having a nose I did see a fair few German ebayers selling the primaris hqs between twelve and eighteen Euro.

I'd expect the pricing to be higher than that tbh.

11. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

ive been somewhat demoted by the Scalpers already selling the box on the Bay for silly money ( some are up for £300!! )
    its like Dafuq

12. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Was semi interested in getting a box, but as my pay this month is still reduced I couldn't really afford to get it. Next month would have been a different story as this is the last month that my pay is reduced.
    Saying that though, I think I'd be better off sticking with AoS/Warcry, I'm building up a bit of a eclectic collection of minis for that - it helps that I've been a bit lucky and won 3 start collecting boxes from Twitch in the last 12 months (Seraphon, Skinks & Anvilguard) or getting a few of the expansions for Blackstone Fortress (again, I won the base game on Twitch).

Edit:

Apparently, if you want a copy GW will make you one to order....

https://www.warhammer-community.com...XHUnGmnPYcbGdU1yKdXh7FCKZON-4Q9VpUQG567frrXdA

Last edited: 13 Jul 2020
    MadGinga and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Well, the update now is that GW have now made the Indomitus box a "made to order" option.

They should have done this from the start. Those who want them, order as many as they like.

To hell with Limited Edition, there's enough hype, marketing and plastic in this box that it's absolutely worth the cash.

I'm putting in an order tomorrow (birthday present) as I missed on the original release.

liratheal likes this.
  14. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

I really hope this scuppers the Ebay scalpers and they end up out of pocket.

[ZiiP] NaloaC and MadGinga like this.
  15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

We can only hope, but I'm sure there were a hell of a lot of them who cashed in big-time. Some of them legit "stores" who got their 45 unit quotas and sold at elevated levels.

Still, I'm just glad I can get the box. I'm mostly excited for the Eradicators and Judiciar. The Necrons I will be giving to the girlfriend. I got her Illuminor Szeras today along with a load of metallic primer and purple contrast paints to play around with. Nerdiest anniversary present I ever got someone! :D

16. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

^ i saw one advert on Ebay for £175 each ( so a £50 profit margin minus shipping ) and they had sold 12 units with another 8 in stock ( so £600 profit with a further £400 potential )

*edit, a quick peek to the original page shows all units were sold...
    so the guy made a straight up grand by scalping the crap out of the sets, im hoping that with GW's new system the customers can get their cash back, and get their sets through GW, and leave the Scalpers high and dry on product they cant sell

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  17. liratheal

Aye. Should have been MTO from the start, or done the way @Almightyrastus has mentioned a few times in this thread.

GW's consistent lack of willingness to do anything to help their customers is really, really, insulting. Not that it seems to stop us buying the plastic crack..

Almightyrastus likes this.
  18. Almightyrastus

It's a good job for GW that it isn't widely understood that there's only about 5p worth of plastic (if that) in the average £20 model... :winking::hehe:

(yes, that was over simplified and I understand mould costs, and the rest only too well)

liratheal likes this.
  19. liratheal

Honestly the fact that they can sell to staff at the discounts they do (Last I heard it was 50% on plastic and 20% on FW, but that was years ago now) and still make enough to make the sale worth it should make it abundantly clear that GW are gounging the absolute **** out of all of us.

Of course there are tooling costs and design costs for both the model and the packaging to consider, but given GW posts profits hand over fist most years I'm usually pretty miffed about the annual price hikes, especially when they seem so adamant about giving their customer base the middle finger with artificially limited plastic releases like Indomitus.

20. Almightyrastus

Yeah, that's what the discounts were when I was there. Back then we would also be able to buy metal figures by weight of metal used.

liratheal likes this.