1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech Cordless Desktop - Optical

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 22 Feb 2002.

1. macroman

macroman The One

2. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

nice review,

just read thru, but musta missed some info,

whats the range, and is it line of sight only ???

Brill review as always

3. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

It uses digital radio so there are no line of sight problems :)

Shame the mouse its pants for games :(

4. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

I've come to the conclusion most wireless are pants for games, my intellimouse is :(

5. batsman

batsman the quiet one

i have had the cordless desktop for about 6 months now, the mouse isn'y pant's but it's not top of the range. basically it does the job. The keyboard however is top notch. i get about a 5 meter range on mine which is sweet for watching DVD on a TV.

6. macroman

macroman The One

That's pretty much what I said in the review. Who said it was pants?

7. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

i also have had this mouse for some time, i got a blue one though, plus i didnt pay 90 odd quid for mine, the woman in the shop only charged me 30 :D i was dead chuffed, and i play with this mouse for gaming all the time and i think it Ro><oR!

8. macroman

macroman The One

Ahh but you didn't get one of the coolest keyboards around and a dual device receiver did you? ;)

The grey mouse matches the keyboard but the metallic blue mouse does look very cool pity they don't do it in the kit. :)

9. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

ah thats its, stoopid me forgot keyboard! *smacks head off desk* i was thinkin about gettin a cordless KB but i just went for a nomal logitech one which is just as cool any way :D

10. batsman

batsman the quiet one

kevo said it was pants.

ps like the sig,

the hand that mods the cradle, is the hand that mods the world.

11. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

I can't believe you reviewed this kit, I have been shopping for it. Found it for $74 here in the states. I read another review and they were pretty harsh on the mouse latency but I have read others where they didn't make that big a deal out of it. I am definately going to get it... if the mouse agrivates me, I will give it to my son and get a usb double sensor mouse. Thanks Macro :D

12. The1

The1 What's a Dremel?

OMG that was so scary, I have a Logitech cordless mouseman optical, not the keyboard though, But the thing that was scary was just as i was looking on the screeney of the power level screen in the review, i had a message box flash up saying my power level was low, That scared me so much as i was just thinking hmmmmm i should check it battery level!!!

13. macroman

macroman The One

Spooky or what!!!! ;)
    Cordless mice of the world unite:eek:

14. I light fires

I light fires What's a Dremel?

My friend recenlty bought one of these and I was verry impressed and just a tad bit jelous. Although I was not jelous of the mouse as I did not care for it all. I am really intrested in getting a wireless keyboard but not with a mouse. I have a wireless mouse already(fancy microsoft one) and I really like it and the micirosoft wireless keyboard just doesn't have nearly as many cool features. Does anybody know where I could pick up a really swank looking and fucntioning wireless keyboard that doesnt come with a mouse or is cheap enough that I could just throw the mouse at my sister and not worry about it to much.

links and comments appreciated. sorry foir the minor hijack

15. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I think I will stick with my corded MS optical mouse ... does the job it was intended for ..... I have no need for cordless at this time ...

Nice clear review Macro ;)

16. RTT

RTT #parp

i used ViViDs mouse (the same one as macro reviewed but in blue) and (no offence ViViD) it was mank...

its all lopsided and the buttons are far too small and in a very odd position - and the thumb button should be bigger.

i'd go for the keyboard, but i'd have to get used to the normal layout again (im a Natural Kbd fan)...

good review as ever macro, all the detail that you could need in a review :)

17. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

the blue logitech mouse 0wns
    i've had one since they came out and never had any problems
    i play loadsa games with it and the response is perfectly adaquate

only drawback is that it is sucking the life out of 2 AA batteries a month, and its costing a bomb!!!

18. korben

korben What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the comparison between the logitech and the M$ mice, think I'll go for the Logitech desktop kit....when I can get my hands on £80;)

19. bistro

bistro What's a Dremel?

So far just experimented with clear plastic. Not very satisfied with the results. Going to try silver-painting an old fan tonight (silver vinyl paint), then treat with clear UV. Problem just might be that 9" blacklight just isn't powerful enough. Maybe going to try to mod the case so I can fit a 2 meter UV light in there..... :D

20. Maedhroz

Maedhroz What's a Dremel?

I just got mine and it is way better than i had hoped. this set is fabulous.

Tags: Add Tags