1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. creative

creative 500rwhp

Traded the trusty little Kia in for one of these:

[​IMG]

2019 Mazda 3 GT in Soul Red.

Extremely impressed with it so far. Has all the toys and is a pleasure to drive.

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Picked up the Mini last night. I'm a bit disappointed that the contrast in sizes doesn't look a little bit more ridiculous on the drive.

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

4. Mister_Tad

It does help, thank you for saying :D

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

As stated in the "Latest Purchases" thread, I went electric a month ago:-

[​IMG]

wyx087 likes this.
  6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Certainly would look ridiculous with the 1976 Mini 1000 that was my first car!

7. Mister_Tad

I'm pretty sure that would fit in the truck. Which could actually be useful for certain situations. I'm not sure which particular situations, mind.

EDIT: Yep, with enough space on the side to crack the door open to get out. Would just need a bed extender, which could probably be fabricated to double as a ramp... I'm not sure that's a seed that needed planting.

Last edited: 10 Jul 2020
  8. jsbombjack

jsbombjack Minimodder

Today I did a buy (Coolermaster NR200P)

[​IMG]

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Is it a hybrid? What size rims?

:p

Purchases thread is over here, bud ;)

10. jsbombjack

jsbombjack Minimodder

What the hell? Definitely didn't want to post this in here. I know so little about cars that I might confuse a case for one... I'll go now. Have fun all

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

well it's not rusted to **** so it's not an Alfa

12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Could have sworn I already posted these but a browse through the thread suggests not..

124 Spider was replaced with something far more enjoyable and well rounded:

[​IMG]

Main pre-requisites from my wife were... faster and... er... *checks notes*.. nope, that's it! Had a launch model back in 2013 and utterly loved it. This one is every bit as good even though it is currently bone stock.

M140 was replaced earlier this year (just before lockdown kicked in... heh..) with a little bit of M goodness..

[​IMG]

Been a very rough couple of months (ref my posts in the currently ruining your life thread), but at the very least I was able to put a smile on my dad's face before he went in for his surgery.

13. el2k

el2k Modder

I drive this :)

[​IMG]

EDIT : It's as much fun as you think it is

xaser04 likes this.
  14. maple

maple Minimodder

How many miles do you get from the Zoe? Used to have a 1st gen Leaf myself and whilst I adored the car; the range left a lot to be desired.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

This is the new "ZE50" model - 54.7kW (52kW usable) battery.
    The official WLTP test range is 240 miles, I expect real world will hover around 200, but haven't done many long trips yet due to the plague.
    It's the top trim "GT-Line", and I specified the optional 50kW CCS charging module.
    I will say that with the 100kW (134hp) motor, it really scoots along when pushed, especially when overtaking on the motorway.

wyx087, maple and Arboreal like this.
  16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Smart. I can't believe it's an optional extra, without rapid charging, EV's are simply an expensive toy.

I've bought a second hand Leaf for my wife, was deciding between Leaf 24 or ZE20. Although it's a local runabout, rapid charging is still very very important.

Case in point #1: We move to my parents 150 miles away when I can WFH for childcare reasons. Wife wanted her car, so we drove it over in 2 cars. Would have been a very long journey with a 22kW charging Zoe. Driving Leaf with only 20 kWh, the journey was only longer by 1 hour, stopped twice.
    Case in point #2: Car was 55% this morning, I drove it hard (I like the instant torque feel) and had 26% when we got back. Afternoon we spontaneously decided to drive 25 miles round trip, a risky trip without charging. But 5min at a rapid charger and the trip was easily done.

I've posted the car previously. Since last post, it's now all paid off and we plan to keep it until it's beyond economical to repair, eg body rust. I don't envision any problems with powertrain as long as its range still suits our need. Our need would be a no more than 10 miles a day.

My Skoda dirty diesel will be replaced by an EV for sure. Its next big maintenance bill is in 2022 with timing belt and DSG oil, hopefully I can afford a Model Y by then.

IanW and maple like this.