1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

@Gareth Halfacree The creality order status doesn’t get updated. Mine still doesn’t give any info, despite it arriving on Friday. You decided what your going to print first?

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Amaze.
    A small test print initially - maybe that tower piece, or the classic boat - then I'mma start throwing some NASA stuff at it. I want me a Multi-Purpose Precision Maintenance Tool! Found a couple of Studio Ghibli models for the kids, too, and there'll be demand for various Pokemon, I imagine.

Got to get the thing up on the photography bench first, though, before it gets all mucky!

3. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Time for some old skool high jinks this weekend me thinks, if the beach is empty enough.
    [​IMG]

&

[​IMG]

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I buckled, and bought some aluminium shells for the GBA and GBC.

In my defence, the battery covers of both are not OEM, and both shells are cracking all the way through on one side or both, so new shells were needed. But the plastic ones are utter pap because China, and I've no desire to get involved in those. It was only $140..

Byron C likes this.
  5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Boxy Pixel?

liratheal likes this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Bit of a spree this morning. Between paying down debts and this little lot, an awful lot of money has gone out of my account today...

Vented laptop stand, because my work laptop gets toasty af

[​IMG]

Logitech MK270 wireless keyboard & mouse combo. Bought one for the other half recently and - I might lose some credibility around here for saying this - I don't hate it. I do however hate the ANSI layout of my current keyboard as well as the lack of proper Home/End keys. These things really bug me when I'm working; I'm going to be working from home for the forseeable future, so I might as well try and take away those little daily irritations.

[​IMG]

Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed (good god that's a mouthful) - also for work, because like hell am I going to use the mouse in that Logitech bundle. I'm already settling for a basic rubber dome keyboard, no way am I compromising on the mouse as well!

[​IMG]

Whiteboard to go on the wall - this one's more for the other half than me, I tend to make digital notes. Of course the first thing I'll do after putting it up is draw a big ol' knob on it (boys don't grow up, we just grow older).

[​IMG]

SMSL SA-50 amp - my Arcam Alpha 8R had to be re-purposed to use in the lounge, so I need something for the speakers in the office. This reviewed well and is fairly compact.

[​IMG]

Wire wool type thingies for cleaning your soldering iron, since the one I've got is almost a blob of pure solder by now

[​IMG]

Magnetic soldering mat with little organising cubbyholes - I'm forever misplacing screws and other small parts when I'm working on stuff

[​IMG]

Desoldering station - when you're staring at a board filled with caps that need to be replaced, the little handheld desoldering pumps start to look a bit anaemic. Time to get the right tool for the job. I mean... I know I'm already a right tool, but you know what I'm getting at.

[​IMG]

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yup, a red for the GBC and a green for the GBA.

Downside, I did also need to order a couple more ips panels for the new cases. Upside, they're only ten euro without the cables that I already have.

8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

This mouse rocks, depending what you've been using before you'll love it either way, I've had it for 3-4 months and its the best. The battery for me seems to last for ages, It fits perfectly to my hand, I had the Abyssus before and its worlds apart. I have it connected to my laptop via bluetooth and 2.4ghz dongle on the pc. When I go back into the office I might as well be using a potato for a mouse, its just really hard to readjust to anything other than the basilisk.

Byron C likes this.
  9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Oops double post.

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Excellent, good to know :thumb:

I have a Corsair Glaive RGB as my current daily driver, but I am sick of swapping both my keyboard and mouse back and fore between my 'proper' PC and my work laptop. I'm going down to the office to pick up a Type-C docking station next week (we have about half a dozen people in the office... out of ~200!), so hopefully I can start to make that process a bit easier.

The problem, of course, is that I might like the Basilisk better than the Glaive :grin:

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

@Byron C , that K270 is actually pretty decent (same can't be said for the bundled mouse, which is horrid). I do find the lack of a NumLock LED quite annoying, but there are software solutions for that.

My only peeve with the MK270 is that there are two versions: one uses the Logitech Unifying receiver and the other uses a non-unifying wireless receiver. Mine uses the latter, which means that I have to use two wireless dongles in order to use the keyboard with my MX Master. First world problems!

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

A pair of Bowers & Wilkins 804 D3...

[​IMG]

... boxes

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah I tried it the other day for a little while, and I was pleasantly surprised by it.

I also have the bog-standard non-unifying 2.4GHz receiver, which means that the mouse is just sat in a drawer and can't be re-purposed.

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

As £20 keyboards go it is totally fine. Obviously not in the same ballpark as a £100+ mechanical effort but it's decent. I wish you could remap the "multimedia" keys but you can't have everything (and any excuse not to have to install Logitech software is a good one in my book).

My bundled mouse does actually get some use - the kids use it when they're on the PC, as my MX Master is far too big and heavy for them :D

Arboreal and Byron C like this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Need a pedestal. Giving my brother my 24" monitor and bringing over my 32" HP so the PC has nowhere to live and I am not putting it on the floor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got that Herman Miller one. If I like it I might get the desk set for my flat. We'll see....

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Some fun hobby things.

Atari ST keyboard stems, to replace some broken ones

[​IMG]

Rubber domes for Atari ST keyboards, since I keep losing these ****ing things

[​IMG]

Rev3 of my SCART interface board - this one's now suitable to go into an enclosure...

[​IMG]

And this is the enclosure it'll be going in - Hammond 1455Q2201BK

[​IMG]

TPA3116D2-based amplifier board, for the next project

[​IMG]

17. silk186

silk186 Derp

I've but some cheap stuff but I'm still happy.

Hisense 55AE7400FTUK
    [​IMG]
    Royal Kludge RK61 pro with Cherry brown - stuck in China because of changes in shipping policy
    [​IMG]

Kemi 4 Door Wardrobe - arrived damaged, full refund and set up in daughters room. It's not square and has a fair amount of cosmetic damage it was free and I don't want to dick around Ikea to find something similar.
    [​IMG]

18. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Whirling saw thing, mine went bang this morning testing it, this one also features an angry sea bass attachment.

[​IMG]

Oh also while I was there, had been debating one for a while, noticed it was on offer so it was 2p more expensive than the bare unit so one of these, but with a 1.3ah battery an charger. so hedge reducer!

[​IMG]

Last edited: 1 Aug 2020
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Some more project-type stuff! (This one will probably get it's own thread when stuff starts getting delivered)

24V power supply

[​IMG]

Bluetooth audio receiver module - could've got cheaper, but this has an external antenna socket and on-board voltage regulation

[​IMG]

OLED LCD display - 128x64, iirc

[​IMG]

IR Tx/Rx module

[​IMG]

Big ol' breadboard kit

[​IMG]

Arboreal, yuusou and LennyRhys like this.
  20. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Just missing a HDPlex DC-ATX 200w and a power brick for my mod now.
    Nabbed this 1650 Super for 160€ through the magic of price drop email notifications:
    [​IMG]

The_Crapman and Arboreal like this.