1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

this isnt water washable resin, this is your basic Resin, (with a coat of Primer to help it show up on cam) which i thought would smell FAR worse than it does during printing, im planning to try the water washable stuff as it would cut out the IPA cost, maybe i also have some 'low odour' stuff to try out
    also the Anycubic wash and cure station is a godsend for Noobs to resin printing

2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I went DIY with the washing, using a old popcorn tub and £12 ultrasonic bath from amazon.

I did treat myself to a ELEGOO UV station as I didn’t fancy messing around with UV LED strip.

Are those Paetron models? Or just random things from thingiverse?

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

One of my customers is a product designer and wasn't prepared to pay £70 for a UV station, so bought some UV strip and a stainless steel bread bin at Robert Dyas, it was about half the cost all up!

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Well, I managed to secure the Necron side of things from the Indomitus box for the missus for €75, including tracked shipping and insurance.
    I have the indomitus box on order and the payment has been processed, so it shouldn't take too long.

I decided to double-up on Necrons as it's too good a price not to really.

5. lilgoth89

These were available from Art-station a good while ago, the artist got smacked with a C&C from GW, but there are some darker corners of the interenet where the files might still be available

6. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

Decided to push the printer, and im VERY impressed

unfortunately then i also made a very rookie mistake and didnt check the tank before starting the next print, and a peice of support was lying on the bottom of the tank, and the build plate crushed it into the screen, breaking it
    £25 replacement >_<

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I was all ready to hit the like button until the end there..

That looks really good.

8. lilgoth89

as i said i am immensely impressed at what this literally entry level resin printer is capable of, you can see the edges of the pixels, but you have to get the light on it, and once its properly painted and such i doubt you will see it

and every single day im checking the interwebs for stock on its big brother, with a 4k panel, it has almost the same pixel density as the mars, but with nearly 4x the build space, and a larger resin tank, its going to be pretty spectacular

liratheal and Goatee like this.
  9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Wow, that panel looks just like cast plastic. Very nice.

I would love to get a resin printer sorted out at some point, but I can't see that happening for a long time yet. I was watching the below video on a different method for painting back and he showed some awesome looking printed figures at abut the 2 minute mark that I would love to get a hold of sometime:

10. lilgoth89

i know where the Chaplain is from, but its $30 for the STL's so a little pricey

11. liratheal

Is the Chaplain a scaled down version of that Gambody jobbie?

Because I bought that for a couple of dollars back when it was discussed and I found it on sale with a bunch of others.

Not sure if there's DRM, though, 'cause supposedly it's only good for three prints. Which sounds suspiciously like BS to me.

12. lilgoth89

ive no idea i didnt look into that one, i got the Macharius they had though :)

13. Almightyrastus

I really do want to get some 54mm scaled stuff at some point. Like the old Inquisitor stuff was.

This was the fella that I always wanted:
    [​IMG]

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I have Krieger sitting on my hobby desk if you'd like him?

15. Almightyrastus

Oh cool!! What's your price?

16. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

That's printed holy crap!

17. liratheal

Built the indomitus marines, mostly, today. Oh my. The blade guard are super cool. He is really hitting the mark on cool sculpts at the moment.

Also, swapped the head on the judiciar, because that standard head is hideous.

18. Almightyrastus

Now I was just thinking about that. I got the captain and judiciar through today (eBay, but a very good seller who even refunded some of the cheap postage when I bought both from him as he packed them together), and I was looking at the judiciar head and trying to work out what was making it a bit off. I think it's because it doesn't look like a helmet, at least from the front. I mean I quite like the idea of it with the cowl in front of it, but the rest of the head just looks like some strange skull face kinda thing. kinda like putting a surgical mask on The Red Skull. I think I shall be having a good dig through the old bits box and spare sprues and see what I have.

What's the story with these fellas anyway? Are they sort of Chaplains in training or a whole new "Master of Executions" sort of thing?

Also not sure what route to go with painting them this time. I have been painting all my Primaris fellas as Ultramarines thus far, but I have enough captains for them by now and I think I shall be putting this guy on a display stand so I think he might be sommat a little different. Templars would work as he is ornate enough, especially with that dude strapped to his shield, his sword is the right sort of shape to work for Dark Angels, although I do have a spare proper DA sword that could be swapped in. I dunno, it's going to be a little while until I get to him as I want to get a fair bit more modelling bits and pieces done to him, especially on his base. Might even break out the old airbrush for this one too, although that means sorting out some new air fittings...

Meh, 'tis all good fun.

liratheal likes this.
  19. liratheal

It looks too small to be a helmet, but it's clearly meant to be one unless the fluff for them says they're all offspring of the red skull..

I read somewhere they're effectively the master of executions, which makes sense with the sword style, but given how much of Warhammer is 'rule of cool' I don't know if that's reading too much into things.

I used the head from the primaris captain that looks like one of those helmets with the lifting front.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Jul 2020
    Almightyrastus likes this.
  20. Almightyrastus

Now I do love that helmet and it will be used on the captain, I don't think I will be changing much about him at all, might add a few more ornate bits if I decide to go Black Templar with him, I still have a load of the old conversion bits and pieces kicking about.

As for the Judiciar head, still unsure, I need to have a play around. I also want to sort out a proper scenic base for him and see if I can open up the other two bars on the hourglass. I understand that due to casting limitations, but I think I can work something out.

liratheal likes this.