1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

There's a couple of shouting helmetless heads that looked quite good - I was going to use an Intercessor one and find somewhere for the belt-cliped helmet from the Intercessor sprue until I tried the lifted face mask option.

I'm a bit of a stickler for everyone wearing helmets where possible though.

Fortunately managed to make 'em all with helmets, although I did have to use a non-kit helmet for the eradicators that only have two helmeted heads.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

My brother's wanting to get back into 40k and wants to game with me. He wants to collect Dark Angels (I used to collect them) and I want to depart from the 'good guy' Space Marines because that's what 99%* of people collect.

After mulling it over, I've decided that I'd have to have a Khorne army. After all, you have to respect warriors whos pre-battle tactics discussion consists of arguing over what Quiet Riot songs should be played (it always ends up being 'Bang Your Head' on repeat). Plus also, Kharn is a great guy.

Now to figure out if I can have a squad of guitar playing Noise Marines. A fallen Sister of Battle (or squad of) would be the icing on the cake.

*True fact.

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

If I make anything without a helmet on then I always try and make sure that there is a helmet somewhere on the model or possibly damaged on the base. With my Blood Angels I didn't do this and a lot of them have bare heads which kinda works with those pretty boys. With the Templars though that's a whole other matter. There is a great little bit in Helbrecht where Grimaldus instructs the marines with him to all put their helmets back on, they are not in battle, and have been fighting so much that their armour is more silver than black, having had the paint shot off it. They are talking to the Sisters at the time, taking things a bit easy, and yet helmets should still be worn.

/*Edit*/

I have played around with chaos stuff (gotta love me some Nurgley goodness) and I have always leaned more towards a single faction type of force. Sure, from a gaming point of view I can see the benefits of having different factions in there, Tzeenth for the psychic, Khorn for the sheer damage output especially in close, and so on. But then there's always been the thought in my head of you know who hates chaos more than the imperium? Yup, other chaos. Now if you were to have someone like Abaddon leading them then sure, mix and match, he seems the sort that would give them all a good talking to about infighting.

I really do wish that there were more noise marines in the style of the re-release from a couple of years ago, I love that model and seeing that Slaanesh's whole thing is the pursuit of perfection (perfect sensation, perfect pretty armour, perfect form, and so on), I quite like the idea of a group of noise marines lining up and busting out the perfect face melter of a riff.

Fallen sisters would be cool, mix and match the regular sisters kit with Escher gangers, the repenitent sisters kit would be awesome, especially in a Khorn force.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2020
    Pete J and liratheal like this.
  4. liratheal

Chaos versions of regular units is how I'd go about a chaos army.

I like the concept of various "stages" of the fall to into Chaos in an army, rather than fielding a flock of the same stuff all the time.

Edit:

Those Necrons are fiddly little bastards..

Last edited: 30 Jul 2020
    Pete J likes this.
  5. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

im tempted to let my iron hands fall to Choas considering how GW feels about vanilla marines i feel it might be fitting that an army nobdoy cares about would fall to corruption ( plus i can print some hella cool conversion bits and cover up that most of them are Ebay Special )

Also i just found some Marine Big bird files... ahem

one more thing, ordered the replacment screen Tuesday morning, and they STILL havent shipped it yet :(

Pete J likes this.
  6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Uhhh, pay for shipping?

Almightyrastus and Pete J like this.
  7. Almightyrastus

Done and done, yes please. That would be awesome. I shall drop you a PM

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  8. liratheal

There's a lot of sodding orbs and green glowing **** on these new Necrons.

Starting to think I don't want to paint all of the ones I've kept for painting, and should have sold more..

Ah well, too late now. They're all ready for detail work.

Edit: Y'ever pick a paint scheme and regret it two models in, but can't be bothered to change your mind because the models are too spindly to bother risking stripping?

That's where I'm at.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Aug 2020
    [ZiiP] NaloaC, MadGinga and Pete J like this.
  9. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

I too painted up a test necron

[​IMG]

[ZiiP] NaloaC, MadGinga and liratheal like this.
  10. Almightyrastus

Hmmm, I think I may have to get hold of one or two of these new Necron fellas

11. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Last edited: 6 Aug 2020
    liratheal likes this.
  12. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

Evening everyone.

Just so I dont make the same mistake again I need so of your advice. This afternoon I put together a box of Primaris Reivers (yep all 10) so that I could base coat them and then paint them in my own time. I have previously used Montana Gold Yellow (for my Imperial Fists) and that has always worked well. This evening however, after drying, it looks as though each of them has been coated in yellow talcum powder. The temperature outside ( although in the shade) was a heady 35 degrees as I was doing this.

I take it that (just like it can be too cold) it can be too hot to use spray paints because the particles dry whilst airbourne? This is appears to have happened as the paint is also struggling to adhere to the plastic. Ive had enough of yellow anyway (far to many layers for my liking) so its the perferct excuse for a nice dark chapter next (Im thinking Blood Angels!).

Cheers in advance!

13. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

pretty much, humidity can **** with it too

14. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

Thankyou!

15. liratheal

After doing a lot of these glowing green sods, I'm getting pretty quick with consistent results. Only two one models left from the Necrons that I kept now;

[​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Aug 2020
    Pete J and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I actually played a game! :D

The local 40K group has started up a Crusade campaign, so I said I would join in and see what it's like.

Started off with a 25 Power Level game, which is really nice as it's just picking what I had painted and bringing it, without faffing around with points.

Captain in Gravis armour, Redemptor Dreadnought, 5 Intercessors with Stalker bolt rifles and 3 Inceptors with Assault bolters.

Went up against Tau (2 squads of Pathfinders with Rail Rifles, 1 squad of Fire Warriors, a Cadre Fireblade and a Crisis Commander with twin Fusion Blasters).

We played the Supply Drop mission for Combat Patrols. It was an introductory game for me as I've not played in at least a decade.

Redemptor went straight up the middle to introduce himself and his vast amount of dakka. Managed to take out a full squad of fire warriors, pathfinders, Fireblade, Commander (in horrifically one-sided close combat! :D ). Captain and Intercessors took out the drones and other pathfinders.

Managed to table him by the end of turn 2. Off to a good start, but getting to grips with the rules again.

New terrain rules seem a bit awkward, but they make more sense now.

[​IMG]

Those 2 remaining rail rifles on the left are what was left after the heavy onslaught, onslaught and storm bolters opened up on the 10-man squad.
    [​IMG]

Captain and co heading to deal some pain.
    [​IMG]

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Damn I love the Redemptor dreadnought.

'Guys, we need to update the space marine dreadnought.'
    'Why?'
    'Really? You have to ask?'
    'I don't see your point.'
    'Have you actually seen anything before in your life that actually walks on two legs?'

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

The size difference is insane though. Old-skool dreads are half the size.

Still, I have a second Redemptor sitting on my desk, just in case.

Although, I will now be expanding the list I took to that game with;
    5 x Intercessors with assault bolt rifles (Assault 3 with 3" extra range, yes please).
    3 x Aggressors with Boltstorm Gaunlets (all that dakka + Master of Ambush Warlord trait)
    1 x Repulsor Executioner (I need to find magnets).

Pete J likes this.
  19. Almightyrastus

Gotta love an all dakka list. I love the idea that even after all those millennia of technical development, you can still win a battle by throwing rocks with extreme prejudice...

20. liratheal

Brute force and ignorance works a surprisingly large amount of the time.

When it's GW's posterboys doing the brute force and ignorance, anyway.

Almightyrastus and Pete J like this.
  21. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I had to share this:

liratheal likes this.