1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lian Li distro-plate G1

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Patrascu Marian, 26 May 2020.

1. Patrascu Marian

Patrascu Marian What's a Dremel?

Hello all

I'm new to this forum and I hope I've posted where I should.
    To start .... 3 weeks ago I bought the distro-plate in question and I can say that I am satisfied with it (it could be even better) but the 3.1 ddc pump is a nightmare in the true sense of the word. I know, I could give it up and move on to the 3.2 but I want something else. I contacted EKWB for an opinion and if I could change the distro-plate to adapt a D5 pump to it .... no response from them for more than 1 week. I saw on EKWB website that a new distro-plate dedicated to the O11D XL housing with a D5 pump appeared, so their guaranteed suggestion will be based on changing the pump or purchasing the new distro-plate.

Let me return to the purpose of this post. I would like to know what would be the possibility to create a support/bracket for a D5 pump for this distro-plate to take place of the DDC pump!? I like it and I wouldn't want to give it up. Instead, I would give up the pump without fail.

Here you have a link to the distro-plate https://www.lian-li.com/o11d-distro-plate-g1/

2. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

What's the matter with the pump?.

3. Patrascu Marian

Mainly very noisy. I want to use a pump that is not necessary to always wear my headphones and the flow.

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I've not seen a DCC in the flesh, but from googling, the D5 impeller looks thicker and the screw holes for the DCC are smaller than the D5. Basically, its not something I would attempt. I'd flip the one you currently have for 75% of the price (or more) and then just buy the dedicated D5 one.

5. Patrascu Marian

So.... you think it would be better to sell my distro and get the new distro from ekwb? It will be a pain to sell this distro, here, in my country. It's pretty hard for some us to see the benefits of watercooling here and they think this is very expensive part. That's why I'm thinking to modify this distro...

Anyway, thank you for 'ur suggestion.

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It would be very tricky. DDC's are easy to mount as they have 4 screws holding them together that can be used to mount it to a distro. D5's use a retention ring/bracket that screws them together. D5s are are longer than DDC. I really don't think there's going to be a way to convert the existing distro. Certainly not an economically viable one anyway.

7. Patrascu Marian

I know a D5 pump is longer but that will not be the problem. I will use some spacers for the distro-plate so the pump enters the case without affecting the aesthetic part. I looked again at and Alex was pretty clear with the dimensions. I will try to make a distro-plate in fusion360 based on the knowledge gained from his videos and see what comes out. Ithink the best option for this distro-plate is a ddc 3.2 :miffed:

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

If it came with the ddc in their advert, that may be half the problem. Something's screwy about the pics and specs. 6W?

9. Patrascu Marian

Yes. 3.1 got 6w

10. Patrascu Marian

In the end, today the people from EKWB answered .... guess what ... "it's best to replace the pump with a 3.2, but before that send us some pictures with the tubing". Probably they think I invented watercooling now with their distro-plate .... well ... I'm waiting to see what answer they give me.

11. HM-2

HM-2 What's a Dremel?

I looked briefly at the feasibility of this, technically it would be possible to make some kind of infill that let you route an inlet/outlet with G1/4 fittings where the DDC would normally be and relocate a D5 somewhere else, but you'd probably have to design it yourself.
    The outlet would probably be the most difficult bit to get right but it probably wouldn't be a huge design effort for someone reasonably skilled in Fusion 360 (IE not me).

Probably not much help now, but someone published models for an O11D distribution plate based off the G1 flows but using a D5 pump on GrabCAD - https://grabcad.com/library/lian-li-pc-o-11-d5-pump-distro-1. Looking at the two side by side I'm fairly sure he's also had to move some of the ports.

12. Smoked Brisket

Smoked Brisket What's a Dremel?

I would keep pestering EKWB to exchange yours for the d5 version. The 3.2 will still be far noisier than the d5. Your model is not damaged, you are just not satisfied. Good business practice would be to take yours back and give you the d5 version. Maybe ask you for shipping or something. They can rebox and sell yours as a refurb. Stay on them, it will only help their bottom line to have a happy customer tell the story.

13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

At this stage they're far beyond distance selling regulations, so tbh most companies won't do anything. Even when I had a defective EK block kill my D5 pump they wouldn't replace either as the block was 2nd hand (although unused with reciept), so EK aren't actually that great with customer service. I'd just sell the distro and replace.

14. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I would have expected that if a distro plate is hard mounted that whatever pump was in it would have very noticeable resonance transferred to the case. I had a similar situation with my PWM DDCs that even on the lowest setting (around 1600rpm) were extremely annoying when hard mounted.

I'd second the above comment about the EK Support, they're fine as long as they don't have to spend money.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  15. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

I can't understand why people say the 3.2 is loud,I've just fitted one the other day and it's on full speed and I can just about hear it.

16. HM-2

HM-2 What's a Dremel?

Forgot to follow this one up...I did my own variation of this for my O11D XL build:

[​IMG]

XSPC D5 run at 60% rpm, entirely silent over the 6x NF-P12 fans.