1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Having all sorts of fun issues trying to explain to a DBA that maybe we are interested in all the transactions that occurred during the ~72 hours that the replication subscription was inactive.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'm sorry, you'll have to redo that. Someone could actually make something from it without mistakes.

Byron C likes this.
  3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

"We don't need more staff back at work yet but we need you to work harder and do things well out of your general scope"
    Ok they didn't say that exactly but the day started with me buying samples to review to get back in to jump on a department heads conference call to discuss why all our goods in orders can't get bookings for 2 weeks.

Well I may have "acciendently" bought some personal shopping on department credit card

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You guys have way too much time on your hands :grin:

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

And, as it happens, a lot of styrene. Well, I do. Not sure about Dr. Coin's level of styrene.

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Nailing a person and item down has worn me down, I don't even care anymore in all honesty... I've totally lost interest, but at the same time I've invested so much time messaging and arranging to collect I feel I need to see it through.

Its not like they're deliberately being hard, life gets in the way and I understand that but I couldn't be anymore flexible If I tried...

7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

The Romans knew how to nail a person down, or up, 2000 years ago...

IanW and DeadP1xels like this.
  8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

That's why you need to start to EDC a wee hammer....

[​IMG]

Tactical Toffee Hammer Appreciation Society for life

IanW and Byron C like this.
  9. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

I have some styrene somewhere but I was designing for PLA or PETG.

10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Right now I should have been in a church waiting for Lauren to come down the aisle to get married. Instead I'm sat on the sofa waiting for the Amazon delivery guy so I can de-flea the cats. FML.

perplekks45 likes this.
  11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That sucks mate. How's Lauren too?

No church my way but cat issues here too. Had another bout of in and out the box for a couple of hours without peeing much.

No idea whats going on. She's had three urine tests - all clear, no liver issues or anything, and been on urinary food for a couple of months.

Poor thing is asleep now thankfully. Seems to happen every 4-6 weeks. Not sure if she's brushing against something, eating something, being in contact with something in someones garden.

Cats. Bloody hell. Probably a good thing we aren't heading to Finland.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ours had some serious urinary problems, and one thing we did was pick up a cheap Cat-Mate water fountain and put it away from where the food is. Apparently cats don't like to drink water that's next to their food, as in the wild "food" would probably be a dead animal that could have polluted the water. They also prefer running water, again for freshness, over a bowl.

Since getting it, he's had no more problems - and he definitely drinks more than he used to.

Byron C, Arboreal, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  13. The_Crapman

Dunno, she left at 5 this morning to go crook hunting. lol

Poor girl. I wonder if there's any significance to the timing of the pattern?

Thankfully I knew of the telltale signs of black dots on the cat's pillow so think I've caught it before it's got too bad. I've only seen 1 live one that I found in one of the fluffy cushions that's now been washed and hidden till they're gone. Got a comb yesterday and wasn't able to extract any of the blighters. Got cat spray, house spray and more spot on coming. Was only a couple of weeks since their last dose. I think they've come in on the mouse Alphonso caught 4 times in one night and stayed till the following morning on the 4th time. lol

adidan likes this.
  14. adidan

The new food has got her drinking more, she prefers to drink out of a cup in the bedroom. I gave in to that after seeing her always go after my cup. I change that twice a day.

For a couple of days before any episode she does drink more than usual.

May look into a cat mate as well. Can't harm.

Also it may be my fault, i stupidly got get her on her diet and yet every now and then gave her hairball treats. Non urinary biscuits probably don't help.

15. adidan

Ha, well there are plenty of 'bad lads' out there to keep her busy. :happy:

Honestly, cats. Ours seldom catches mice and even when she does she doesn't kill them. Fleas sound like a pain, little buggers.

I swear they're just wind up merchants

16. The_Crapman

These 2 are odd. Catches but doesn't kill or eat mice, catches but doesn't kill or eat mothz (giant buggers too), but absolutely murders anything with feathers, but doesn't eat them. Ralph catches and kills mice, but again doesn't eat them, kills and eats the moths alph catches (much to Alph's dismay), hasn't got the hind legs to get hold of anything with feathers. There's been quite a spate of killings lately, so could be an accumulation of contamination. Still means a ton or cleaning and work for me to clear any infestation.

adidan likes this.
  17. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Credelio has changed our lives. Flea treatment that works, properly, and doesn't make the cats hate you.

Science is a marvellous thing sometimes.

Arboreal likes this.
  18. The_Crapman

Interesting. I tried the tablets originally but while Ralph the gannet went for it, Alphonso would have non of it and wouldn't touch the food. These go down ok? Or you use the shove it in and stroke the gullet technique?

19. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

You should write ad copy.

Byron C likes this.
  20. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

We use the shove and stroke technique just to be sure they have actually ingested the thing, but I'm convinced neither of mine would notice if it was nestled amongst their Royal Canin...

It's an art form eh?

adidan and The_Crapman like this.