1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

FarCry 5

I'm playing coop with a friend. I have a souped-up M60, he has a souped-up M82. I run around being Rambo, while he hilariously overkills people sneaking up on me. Brilliant. Also, parachute jumps out of helicopters then walking away with the crash exploding behind us is standard operating procedure.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's the only way to play it. New Dawn is great fun too !

Pete J likes this.
  3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I heard really mixed things about Far Cry 5, seemed to mostly be technical grumblings about the implementation of online co-op. Does it work okay? Is the game good in itself, any technical gremlins aside?

4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Resident Evil Revelations 1

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Thing about coop games is it depends on who you play it with. My friend and I are quite competent gamers, so there's no annoying skill disparities, plus we get on well. In terms of stability, we've had absolutely no problems (jinxed it now).

I played Far Cry 3 through - took a while to get into it, but it was good fun. I then tried Far Cry 4, but it was so similar, I couldn't be bothered.Far Cry 5 is the same again and if I were just playing by myself, I'd have given up by now. However, coop makes it so much fun. One moment we're doing a last stand armed with M60s against attack helicopters, the next moment we're using fishing rods to capture fish (duh) to coax a bear to follow you.

The game is VERY pretty though and has a mentally huge gaming world. And you can get a pet dog that revives you. And a cougar. And a bear. We both got the Gold edition for 80% off in a Steam sale. For that price, it's a no brainer, though only if you have a friend to play it with. I'd play the game on hard to increase the need to work together, but you have to play the first small section by yourself, which is an absolute ballache to get by.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  6. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

State of Decay 2. I'm on Nightmare Zone these days, there are 100s of hours of play in this game and frequent updates and new stuff. It's not perfect, but for a zombie apocalypse experience with great gun play and perma death consequences it's very good.

7. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

I’m playing it alone and really enjoying it. I played Far Cry 3 and it feels very similar, which isn’t a bad thing. There’s a great sense of exploration, the world is beautiful, the combat is fun, and you genuinely hate the antagonists. Perfect for escapism.

I’ve never really liked sandbox games but this one’s fun. Can’t comment in online coop but there are some annoying bugs I’ve seen (loot trucks never working). Nothing game breaking though.

Pete J and boiled_elephant like this.
  8. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Nowhere Prophet, free on Xbox game pass.

FTL / Slay the Spire hybrid. Really enjoying it.

9. oscy

oscy Modder

I finally got into M.A.M.E. so I've been playing the arcade classics. WWF WrestleMania, Simpsons, SegaSonic and Moonwalker to start.

Byron C likes this.
  10. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Hollow Knight! What an incredible game. The atmosphere, art, sound, combat/movement mechanics, exploration are all top notch.

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Alyx.

I discovered that you can quite easily play it sitting down. Which meant I was able to play it for much longer (around two hours).

What an incredible game. I do have to stand up now and then to check the tops of things (cabinets etc) but I can deal with that. Standing still for an hour is killing my feet and ankles.

wyx087 likes this.
  12. silk186

silk186 Derp

As my GPU does not handle the recent heatwave and I like to be able to game in short sessions:
    • Undermine
    • Neon Abyss
    • Axiom Verge
    • Hollow Knight
    • Enter the Gungeon when it is free from Epic in a few days.

suenstar likes this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

CoD Warzone

Kinda went off the Call Of Modern Military Duty War Shooty Gun Bang genre a while ago, and online FPS' aren't usually my cup of tea. Plus the only Battle Royale style games I've ever played were 'Hunger Games' mods for Minecraft. But a bunch of friends play this so I thought I'd give it a go. Turns out it's actually really addictive; I'm **** and I die a lot but it is entertaining, and free.

If friends of mine stop playing it then I likely will too.

Arboreal likes this.
  14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Flight Sim 2020.

So far, I've crashed a small jet into a field twice (Once loosely in the same region as the airport I was meant to be going to!), and if I was flying a 747 out of Munich I'd have mowed down however many houses and buildings are at the end of the runway while I worked out what buttons in the cockpit did what.

Lankius Maximus likes this.
  15. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

Same as liratheal regards Flight Sim 2020. Only flown the smaller prop planes but I flew from my local air strip (Kenley) to London City at dusk on Tuesday evening and found it visually stunning and physically relaxing. Both my kids love it as well so we have all spent a couple of hours flying past land marks like the Statue of Liberty. Really impressed with it.

16. silk186

silk186 Derp

Less undermine, more neon abyss

17. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

life is strange before the storm. Just completed the second one and loved it.

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Russian Fishing 4, taking a small break from Fishing Planet on the PS4 and am trying RF4 on steam.
    Really nice game, bit of a grind to make decent money but at least you don't pay for travel or fishing licence.

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I am waaay too lazy to post here. That gives you a some idea.

I have been playing Pathfinder:Kingmaker.

It is an oldschool style rpg. CRPG I guess you'd call it. Isometric. DnD magic and skillset. But it ain't Forgotten Realms.

It's DnD but a different world. Familiar but not. Nice sidestep for me. It starts off ok. The place you are in is attacked. I wont spoil the where or the why, but you are attacked soon.

You win, naturally, and are then, eventually given responsibilities. So far so normal. I can say without spoiling much you become a baron of a land. And you rule it. And boy do you gotta rule it. The ****in **** I did to save these peasants, and it just keeps coming.

You can expand the barony...many times it would seem. Craft villages/build. Makes new villages, towns, citys and give over some responsibility to advisors. Holy **** though. I'm 50 hours in and I'm still adjusting, still learning. Story is...I dunno what it is yet? Like seriously. So much lore to absorb. I wont spoil it. Not sure sure how much to share either when you can play nice or nasty.

DnD has a big wheel of "feelings". Lawful, Neutral and Chaotic. You can choose Good, Neutral or Evil in any of those settings. No I aint gonna explain that ****. Look online you lazy ****.

I started Chaotic Good and I am currently Neutral Good...for those that know this stuff.

Man..I am loving this game. The writing is..not the best. But the setting, and the gameplay? So much fun. I'm gonna be here a while. A friend took 233 hours. This is oldskool. Baldurs Gate 2 oldskool.

20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Wasteland 3, I love it but holysh** is it a buggy mess! Crash on load (AV issue), licence loss (playing through games pass for PC) , the looooooooongest loading screens, stutters, loading lag in dialogue, urg... But its fantastic!