1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 17 Jul 2020.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Anyone picked this up yet? Mighty tempting as it's 40% off (though I think that's because I own the original game).

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If you own the original game and you paid for it, including via a Humble Bundle or the like, it should be completely free of charge; if not, you can email 'em your receipt and they'll send you a DRM-free copy.

I've downloaded it, but won't get a chance to fire it up until some time next week.

Pete J likes this.
  3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

To be honest, given how amazing the first game is, I'm happy to pay to support them.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

First game was amazing. In VR it's amazing to another level.

Now going back to flat screen, it's no longer amazing. It still plays great, but it's lacking the involvement feel.

Hopefully a VR version of this new game is due out soon, I don't mind paying full price for this on VR.

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

So, as @Gareth Halfacree said, if you own the original game, you own this as well! Weirdly enough, it didn't register until I added it to my steam cart, at which point it informed me I owned it.

Going to play through the original again beforehand - only takes a few hours after all.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've been playing this in short bursts. It is, as promised, [MORE]. Starting to get to the limit of my capabilities, tho'.

Those dog-headed buggers are a pain in the hoop, eh?

Pete J likes this.
  7. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

I'm waiting for the VR version on the quest for a good price before I bite

8. Gareth Halfacree

Superhot's said they're not working on a VR version, so you might be waiting a while.

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Having played MCD, I have to say there's no way I can easily beat those enemy with tiny hit boxes in VR. There are moves I can't do in VR (throw with such accuracy) and there are moves I can't do on flat screen (duck bullets Matrix style), it's two different games. Only the base gameplay concept is the same.

10. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

Ah sucks