1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Which B450 ITX Board?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arboreal, 5 Aug 2020.

1. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Dont leave us hanging, what happened in the end?

:p

2. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Nothing yet!!

My 4L case should arrive today, then I can see what I'm against build wise.

At the moment I'm thinking about that H81N i3 combo that you pointed out on ebay, as I have a Flex ATX PSU and PCIe riser to buy this week...

**EDIT** Dammit, the ASRock IMB 185 Haswell industrial ITX board I was watching on ebay has just been reduced to £50 from £67.50. Now I'm, in a quandary...
    It has no IO plate and no WiFi card socket, but is super unusual and could be a bit different with an E3 12xx V3 Xeon in it!

B450 seems to be an endless set of variables that conflict. If I had to choose today, I'd say it'd be the ASRock, as it seems to do all I need.

Last edited: 10 Aug 2020
  3. Tyr

Tyr Minimodder

I may be a bit late on this one. I like the MSI B450I. I've bought 3 for different rigs. One has been running well for over a year. The others are more recent upgrades to very old systems. Seem good for overclocking, got 2x R5 3600s at 4.4GHz stable on 1.3v. They're running at about 60C fully loaded. 3200MHz RAM is overclocked to 3600MHz and the infinity fabric is at 1800MHz. May say more about the processors than the mortarboards though, not sure.