1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

What's that? Is it that glowing, burning ball in the sky? Because we don't get anything else around here.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Eh? The whole 1 second of it?

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

We had so much rain, very early yesterday, that the ground was actually damp!

Pete J likes this.
  4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

**Looks at the forecast**

I'm so glad it's my day off - work in 32 degrees heat whilst wearing a face mask ALL FRIKKIN DAY is not a pleasant experience.

Rain and 20 degrees next week looks fooking lovely.

5. perplekks45

Rain!

FINALLY! Please don't stop for hours!

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Send some of that rain down here eh? ffs I am still boiling :(

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

It’s cooled down to 30 here now, 30% chance of rain tonight, 99% chance of heat induced insomnia.

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

We are expecting to reach 29-30℃ tomorrow, not as high as some of you but, for this part of Somerset, exceptionally hot and very rare indeed.

Looking forward to Friday and 22℃.

9. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Went to bed this morning at 03:30 after some fragging, awake at 06:30 cos it was too hot to stay asleep, was 38C in the loft today, was still 36C an hour ago so still in the garden on my third mojito...

I love this heat (apart from the havoc it causes IT people like me), will be looking for a quality AC unit in the winter cos damn if I am rushing or paying the summer premium for them now.

10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Over £100 in sales before lunchtime... This isn't a daily occurrence (I wish!)

66 sales in the past 31 days, averaging a couple a day but usually on a good day it can be anywhere from 5-8. which it has been the last week or so, thats soon going to die down as I run low on inventory.

Its been hard to juggle everything with all the logistics, paper work and financial learning, I have at times wanted to just not bother with it all. But at the same time I'm set to smash some pretty big holes in debt thats hung over my head for too long.

While its not a huge workload, working full time to come home, wrap, pack, dispatch, pickup new stuff, do deals, deal with issues, do the finances, be a parent. It all adds up!

IanW, Arboreal and Bloody_Pete like this.
  11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

At least we're due rain later!

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Came home earlier. Set up the curved monitor on the PC. Got very hot but glad it's done.

Currently sat with two fans blasting with the smell of the seaside wafting in (sea air, fish and chips, fresh donuts donuts etc).

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I think fish and chips are about the only thing (Maybe savoury pies.. Germans don't seem to do those..) I miss from England food wise.

14. perplekks45

Make them yourself. Both, actually. We recently made fish & chips in a nice Guiness-based beer batter. Glorious!

I do miss proper pub food and culture over here. Even Vienna has more of that than Germany.

15. liratheal

A pie is on the list, but my experimentation with fish and chips hasn't left me feeling even close to satisfied. Perhaps it's because I grew up in the Midlands, and battered chips are.. Somewhat common. As is crying oil.

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I've lived in the midlands my whole life (first east now west) and I've never heard of them :worried:

17. perplekks45

Maybe it's related to the fact we enjoy cooking/baking so much we think about starting a YouTube channel and that's why we got it done. Maybe we got lucky. Maybe our standards are way lower than yours. Guess we'll never find out.

18. liratheal

Pffff!

...Pffff!

Although to be fair I only knew two chippies in Lichfield that did battered chips, of the umpteen dozen that're there.

Aye, my skill level in the kitchen leaves a lot to be desired I'm sure - I also think that there's a palette difference between Germany and England. Things that taste normal to me are inedible to the lady. And visa-versa. I swear your chocolate has been shown some sugar, but doesn't actually contain any. Not that it's bad, but.. There's just something off about it to my tastes. Don't get me started on Creme eggs..

19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Creme Eggs are sh*te, they used to be nice, many years ago... And, German chocolate from Lidl is nice, MUCH better that Cadburys dung.

20. liratheal

Don't get me wrong, the "new" ones in the UK are worse, but the ones on the mainland are even worse than that. I guess they don't travel well or something.

I didn't mean to imply that I think German chocolate is bad - Lord knows I eat enough of it - But it's not what I'm used to sweetness wise. I do have something of a sweet tooth, though.