1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I personally loathe creme eggs. Way too sweet for my liking. As a general rule of thumb we at least halve, more often than not further reduce, the amount of sugar in any recipe, be it sweet or savoury.

When I lived in Bath I spent way too many evenings (and way, WAY too much money) at the usual English eateries: pubs, Indian restaurants and Thai restaurants. I've only ever found a single Indian restaurant in Germany (some consider it posh, but what do they know?) that can reach towards the heights of the ones I frequented all over the UK. It ain't proper Indian grub, sure. But, boy oh boy, is that stuff delicious!

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Aye, my lady is the same with Creme eggs. And most English sweet produce. She and her mother also drastically reduce the amount of sugar in stuff they bake. Ruddy Germans. Eat more sugar!

Yeah, I've only had a couple of Indian meals here and they were.. Well, they were fine but not very reminiscent of home. Fortunately there's a Chinese over in Landsberg that's pretty good, we've been there a couple of times now. I've had to resort to making my own Thai stuff, though, I think there's one Thai place nearby but it's take-away only at the best of times, and it's a bit far to reliably get the food home hot.

Tbfh, there's a really good burger place over in Schwabmünchen, and there's a good enough pizza place in Untermeitingen, so restaurant wise it's not the end of the world, and some of the more traditional Bavarian style eateries do some really good stuff.

perplekks45 likes this.
  3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

My wife also goes very easy on the sugar and my, previously carefully cultivated, sweet tooth has mostly gone and, yes, Creme Eggs are horribly sickly.

perplekks45 likes this.
  4. liratheal

Last time I really went to town on them I think I ate twelve or eighteen in one sitting. No idea how I wasn't 400kg back then. Are like a right shitpig.

Love me some creme eggs.

MadGinga likes this.
  5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

You almost sound like @MLyons ...

/me is scared of the ban hammer now :worried:

liratheal likes this.
  6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm losing weight actually cheeky ****er.
    Screenshot from 2020-02-27 12-47-36.png.jpg

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That picture is all wrong, I mean c'mon 'share'?!?

:happy:

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Felt like I actually achieved something today.

It was more tolerable to be outside than in the house (patio is in the shade after about 1400), so I decided that today is the perfect day to start cleaning up the patio... Actually made really good progress... until I ran out of wire in the strimmer. Still, I at least cleared about half of it and washed down both the table and the chairs. I can actually go and sit outside now! I mean I'm still sweating my nards off but at least I feel like I can breathe out here...

perplekks45 and Vault-Tec like this.
  9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Off to Devon for a week, looking after my sister's house, her cat and it's litter of kittens. We both really need to escape from everything and reset. Been a ****ed up couple of years, should have been going on honeymoon, but some time away to reconnect and just have no plans other than beach, beer and BBQ will do us both the world of good.

adidan, Arboreal and Pete J like this.
  10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Also off to Devon next week. You're not by chance staying at Devon Cliffs?

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

No we'll be in North Devon, braunton, saunton, croyde way.

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I love the Westcountry. If I'd made a different decision about 9 years ago, I might have ended up living and working in Exeter. :sigh:

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Rift S. I can see me losing a whole lot of weight with this.

adidan likes this.
  14. Vault-Tec

HL Alyx. Mind = blown. No reviews do this justice.

Apart from the fact I spent 20 minutes trying to climb over a wall, nearly put my back out and I am dripping in sweat it's amazing. What a fool I felt when I didn't need to do anything, just get in the right place. Still, no pain no gain.

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I fell off my chair when the Strider climbed over the house, luckily nobody was watching.

16. Vault-Tec

I think I need to wear trainers. I stood there for about 30 mins looking around on my polycarbonate chair mat and my feet were giving me pins and needles by the time I was done lol. Smacked my knuckles on the desk a couple of times. I really must move the chair away completely.

17. liratheal

[​IMG]

Well, the GBP is done.

Now, to wait for customs to tell me they want money for the aluminium shells for the GBC and GBA..

Pete J, Byron C, adidan and 2 others like this.
  18. Vault-Tec

I actually felt cold last night.

Pete J and Byron C like this.
  19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Today the heat has finally relented here too.

Whilst I, the wife, the cats and the dog have hated the hot and humid weather, our two courgette plants have loved it and gone into overdrive!

20. liratheal

While I had the soldering iron out, I also made a change to the Lawgiver;

https://i.imgur.com/PWoT81i.mp4

With a little lipo, a powerboost 500, and a switch now it activates when you pick it up instead of just when it gets power.

IanW and Pete J like this.