1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The issue isn't necessarily whether it can be repaired, because I have absolutely no doubt that it can be repaired. The issue is whether it's worth my time and effort to repair it... I don't really have any spare parts here so I'd be ordering replacement parts as and when I find what's defective; realistically it'd take me months.

IanW and Pete J like this.
  2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

#Firstworldproblems

Tracking.

I know my aluminium gameboy stuff is in customs. I'm pretty confident I'm going to get a letter asking for some import tax payments. I know they're probably busy as **** in every postal service.

But I want to pay them so I can build my aluminium gameboys damn it.

Also my GBP screen is somewhere in customs, but I don't expect to pay anything on that, and I want to finish my GBP too. But nooo, I just get to stare at a pile of parts until it all arrives.

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

It took nearly a week and a half for my duty payment request letter to come from Parcelforce after I was notified it'd hit customs for the parcel from the USA I received last week.
    USPS comms was pretty good, regular emails.

Shame the postage cost more than the item I bought....

liratheal likes this.
  4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Aye, I hate paying more in postage/import tax than for the item.

Some stuff, though, just isn't available any other way.

Arboreal likes this.
  5. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I bought a small unique SFF case in the USA, and the maker would only send it intact.
    I'm sure it could have been sent cheaper if it had been flat packed...

I hope do do a build log and ongoing development with it as it's going to a be a WIP.

I was intending to have something similar made in mATX, but things went awry; so I have a teeny little ITX rig to put together and optimise.

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Shipped off my PC yesterday, I wrapped it up with excessive amounts of packing material and bubble wrap.

I sent it next day delivery (so should actually get their tomorrow) not because I had promised the buyer but it would be less time to stress about its safety during the journey. I'm just hoping all the handle with care, Fragile, don't drop markings get through to the people handling it....

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Don't worry, they'll make sure it gets a good kicking before they throw it first into the delivery car(s) and second onto the buyer's porch. :thumb:

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Probably about five large problems crept up last week an this, along with this unbearable heat I just don't know what to do.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i cant take this anymore, just let me sleep damnit.

/throws thermometer out of window.

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's funny you say that. Every one on Facebook seems to be begging for rain, but it's one of those things where you need to be very careful what you wish for.

I remember one summer in New Jersey I had no air con. I was staying a week in a room built above the garage. Properly done like, carpets etc and a bed. Any way, I remember this one night it was just stupid hot. Like 95f and the humidity was stupid. I've never felt so horrible in all my life. Then I saw a flash of lightning and thought "Oh man YES here comes the rain !!" and I wish I hadn't. It just made it 100 times worse.

It has cooled down a chunk here though, and I can not smell bonfires or barbecues on the beach any more so at least it got rid of those assholes.

11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Third time I've resisted one item because failure to pay...

Every one I've sent an invoice, multiple messages & payment reminders over the course of 48 hours and I get absolutely nothing back.

Its just getting ridiculous, I really wish eBay had some form of deterrent for time wasters. I've waited over a week for people to pay IF and only if they message me about it. If you wait longer than 3 days for someone, they don't pay and don't message you they should be fired from a cannon. simples.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I had that. The thing I was trying to sell is still on my shelf, about two years later...

Make sure you keep records of all the stuff you're trading: HMRC requires it, even if you're below the £1,000-a-year trading allowance. If you go over the £1,000-a-year allowance, you're going to need to pay income tax - so factor that in to your P&L.

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Lounge PC (i.e. my 'do everything ' system) is spazzing out after the latest Windoh's update :rollingeyes:. After a few restarts, it's not crashing out. I think it's the GPU drivers having a problem with multiple screens and different images as backgrounds.

Downloading new GPU drivers, MSI Afterburner and Display Driver Uninstaller now :sigh:.

EDI: And fixed, though with a 'if I turn my back to it, it'll go wrong' kind of feeling.

Last edited: 13 Aug 2020
  14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Windows image preview has been shocking for the past month or so. Hardly ever works, on all three of my PCs ffs. I wish they would stop pissing with it all the damn time. And the forced edge thing just pissed me off even more /rants.

Pete J likes this.
  15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I currently have more interest in the new cat water fountain than the cat does.

perplekks45 likes this.
  16. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Same, we bought one after seeing your post - no interest from the cats at all.

17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Left it switched off but full for her to get used to it now, apparently it can take some cats a couple of weeks.

She overcame her suspicion when i put a treat by it and at least doesn't seem as untrusting now. Patience I guess

Maybe if i put it in a cardboard box she'll show more interest :happy:

18. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Wife met a friend for a socially distanced cake & drink on Wednesday. Got message yesterday evening that her daugther has a fever and cough, so they have been and got tested for CoronAIDS; no results for 24hrs, so we've had to cancel a childfree afternoon and childfree meal - first evening off from kids and life since lockdown started in March. :(

Fingers crossed its not the COVID!

19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Ah, scunner!

At least you can hold your head high knowing you're doing the right thing.

20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Seeking Alpha. Posting almost daily articles about how undervalued Intel stock is, how far superior Intel tech is compared to AMD, and how Intel will crush anything AMD has to offer with their upcoming CPUs.

Somebody seems to have invested rather heavily in the blue camp and is now trying to repair the damage done (by Intel's own failures) to their stock portfolio.