1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riser cable for soundcard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by b1g-d0g, 18 Aug 2020.

1. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Can I run my creative AE5 with a 1x pcie riser cable,reason is I've got my gpu in a vertical mount and need to move my sound card this way as well as the gpu riser cable is very tight with the sound card installed on the motherboard.
    Thanks.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yes you can. However, one of these does the job far cheaper and gives it a proper socket to latch into.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PCI-E-Ri...255433&hash=item3d85f56669:g:OdEAAOSwAKxci9KD

I did it with my new build and it works brilliantly. I initially connected up the external power but found it actually crashed my sound card so I removed it and it has been sterling ever since. I did braid the USB cable with some braid and cloth tape to make it look better.

[​IMG]

TBH I could only see weeny bit of the blue cable but it was annoying enough to make me want to braid it. If you really need one I have one I could sell you. It wasn't long enough for me but cost quite a bit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078884T5C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do note though that even if it were long enough the socket for the card and cable make it almost impossible to fit. The mining riser is much clearer underneath.

3. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Great the amazon one is the one I have in my basket thanks for the help.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah just avoid those nasty grey ones they are absolute cack lol.

5. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Yeh had a look at them but the tape on the joints made me change my mind:jawdrop: