1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware NEC MultiSync LCD3090WQXi 30" widescreen

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Jun 2008.

1. 3dHeli

3dHeli What's a Dremel?

Other markets can also get the 24" NEC IPS display . . . and in case of USA at a very good price.

Whilst the 30 is very sweet, I would love to see the NEC 2490 WUXi in the UK, and for only £450, as per USA. I'd buy it immediately. :naughty:

2. holophrastic

holophrastic What's a Dremel?

Took me three months of reading to choose the 3090WQXi over other 30" LCDs. Got it yesterday. Wow did I ever make the correct choice. It's just perfect, right down to changing the colour and intensity of the power light. It's so good, feel free to call me to ask questions. HolophrasticEnterprises.com/NEC_LCD3090WQXi

3. edjay

edjay Wet and Gwyntog

Could you please explain a bit about:
    That sounds to me like it's not capable of being driven by one socket/cable from even the most midrange of modern graphics cards?

That's a new one on me. :eyebrow:

Edit: Sorry, it wasn't posted by PCAdvisor. Here's the link to the article from the 28.7.08.

Last edited: 22 Aug 2008
  4. Tim S

Tim S OG

for resolutions higher than 1,920 x 1,200, you need a dual-link connection because there isn't enough bandwidth in single-link DVI. It's still a single cable that just carries a pair of DVI links down the one cable/connector (and thus double the bandwidth) and all modern graphics cards support at least one dual-link DVI connector.

5. edjay

edjay Wet and Gwyntog

Hi Tim

Bear with me on this one: So, a single DVI socket in my graphics card would use a splitter cable to plug into the monitor (I can't afford such a monitor at the moment, but I recently got a Gainward 8800GT - Dual DVI ){My 7600GS was DVI/VGA}.

Last edited: 23 Aug 2008
  6. gtiboy

gtiboy Minimodder

Can this monitor play 1080p HD resolution?

7. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

On steroids!

8. Tandens

Tandens What's a Dremel?

Pretty soon, I'm going to be buying either the Samsung XL30 or NEC 3090WQXi.

Since bit-tech has reviewed both of these monitors, I was wondering if you could provide some invaluable insight.

Price aside, which would you recommend for someone that mostly does photo editing with occasional gaming (with extensive document reading/general things). For me, colour accuracy and viewing angles are most important.

In particular, how does the XL30 compare to the 3090WXQi when viewing from angles "off centre"? Which monitor retains more of the colour and contrast accuracy when viewed from the side?

Really hope you can respond, as I'm about to put down quite a chunk of change. Many thanks!!

9. ////\oo/\\\\

////\oo/\\\\ Minimodder

Well, I know this thread is long dead, but I’m still running this monitor 12 years later! Never skipped a beat...

However, as the DVI connection is possibly going to go extinct in the next generation of graphics cards, and refresh rates have moved on considerably, not to mention G and Free sync, I am considering upgrading, but everything I look at at the moment seems to have advantages and disadvantages that make me wonder if it’s worth it to upgrade yet.

I don’t want to go smaller, so I’ve been looking at the 38” ultrawides, don’t fancy the fan in the LG 38GL950, so considering it’s siblings when they come out. Been looking at the 43” too but would rather stick with IPS.

I’m starting to think I’ll hold out a bit longer for Display Port 2.0, etc. But that may well clash with a PC upgrade (currently i7-6700K & GTX 1080) which would make things expensive!

Thoughts?

Tags: Add Tags