1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Not with a decade of missing security updates...

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Given my Alienware is such a git to work in I decided to do a couple of upgrades whilst it was mostly drained. Firstly to remove the lacklustre Byski block I got for less than £30.

[​IMG]

Was on sale for a great price. I also spotted these.

[​IMG]

Given my rig runs all 10/9 10/8 (they all work with the hose I have) I decided to bag them. You can never have enough.

[​IMG]

I adore that tubing. It looks amazing. Even better I could only get it in 20m rolls so I am pretty much sorted for life lmao.

3. Vault-Tec

Oh yeah and F-U Gigabyte.

[​IMG]

Fookin 7 quid just to use the sodding RGB on the board.

4. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Been on a bit of spending spree after managing to buy much this summer.

USB-C dock with dual HDMI, ethrnet, USB 3 and USB-C PD. This is actually the second dock I've tried. The first was a Thunderbolt 3, dual display port ethernet and USB 3. Work fine on my personal monitors DP to DP or DP to HDMI, couldn't get it to work with the company monitors which are HDMI only. Opted for the USB-C version as it was a similar price and included charging and detachable cords.
    [​IMG]
    90W USB-C PD AC Adapter. Works with my Dell Precision 7520 which isn't a low power laptop. Dell shipped it with a 140W power supply. Yeah for plugging one cable for full dock (still prefer the E-Dock).
    [​IMG]
    4 Port USB3 hub as the above dock only has two ports
    [​IMG]
    Logitech G MX518. What can I say I a fan of the original MX518 and need an extra mouse.
    [​IMG]
    A desk mat (80cm x 40cm). Doubles a nice mouse pad, but most importantly provided a good writing surface.
    [​IMG]
    One might think I was setting up a home office and you'd be partly right. I am the construction supervision engineer on a project this fall so I am spending 11 hours a day 6 day a week on site mostly stuck in a temporary office trailer with a cheap plastic table for a desk. With these items, a spare keyboard of mine, and two monitors form the office I am able to have a half decent desk setup.

Big Elf, Gunsmith, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I've got quite a bit of Anker stuff around my house, I was honestly surprised with how well its made for the price.

IanW, bawjaws, perplekks45 and 2 others like this.
  6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Anker are my go-to brand for USB cables, hubs, and similar peripherals. I also have some wireless earbuds from Anker (under the Soundcore sub-brand) and they are great for the money.

IanW, Arboreal and perplekks45 like this.
  7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Can confirm. Bluetooth in-ears for sports for 25 Euros. Great value for money.

8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I may or may not have paid a visit to a certain Br Byron C and purchased a second Q87T motherboard on my way to deliver my son's belongings to his uni accommodation in Cardiff last Sunday...
    I'm hoping the'll breed and give me a nice little STX motherboard o_O

David, Byron C and adidan like this.
  9. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Glad it's not just me running 10/8! WCUK and Aquacomputer are the only places I can reliably find fittings though.

If you're ordering from OCUK anyway, I ordered a load of these cheap 45 degree adapters www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-tech-labs-g1-4-silver-45-degree-rotary-adapter-wc-004-op.html and on delivery they were all Barrow fittings.

[​IMG]

10. Vault-Tec

I have all of that fella. Been collecting over the years. I bought everything Bitspower over the space of about two years. My red fittings cost me £1.99 each on sale on OCUK and the rest have dropped on sale since. The only expensive one was the premium snake which cost me about £23.

[​IMG]

I want the new rotary 45s for the CPU block. When I planned my loop I did it on basically aiming it the correct way. Makes it look tidy.

Oh yeah, I bought a new res. Same only bigger as I cracked one of the mounts on mine (was my fault totally over tightened it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Vault-Tec

Oh and please excuse the rainbow mess. When I upgraded to Threadripper my Aquasuite won't pick up my toys. They blame it on AMD. So basically it has been farting out rainbows ever since. If it still does so with the latest version I am going to connect an Intel board into the USB system and change the lights that way. I only really want them in one colour.

12. Vault-Tec

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

More gifted by a friend, only used once, to cut a Seat Arosa in half

[​IMG]

14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Seems like I've started an Orwellian binge:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Added to the list!

perplekks45 likes this.
  15. perplekks45

Can you ever have enough good books (lined up)?

I'm about to finish 'The Evolution of the Weird Tale' by S.T. Joshi and have newly bought 'The Jungle Books' by Rudyard Kipling and 'Tenet' by Christopher Nolan (the screenplay, basically) waiting.

Pete J likes this.
  16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A while back, I got their "Soundcore Q20 Life" noise-cancelling over-ear headphones to use at the office and on flights.
    They were a budget replacement for a set of Bose Q25's that lost one side, and are IMHO just as good for 20% the price.
    But due to the plague, they've been sat on my office desk unused for 6 months now while I'm furloughed. :(

17. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

[​IMG]

EK vrm waterblock for my Asus maximus xii formula.

18. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

I have one of these (alongside a bunch of other one+ stuff) - fantastically good fun for making things that are in one piece into many pieces - quickly :grin::grin:

Goatee likes this.
  19. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

They are great bits of kit. I love my one+ system, even the chainsaw is pretty good for a bit of wood chopping for the stove.

In computer news, I got my new 2080ti in my T1 to test it. It required a bypass of the water system but runs rather nicely on air and seems to overclock well. I cant wait to get a block on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The GPU score is about 55% better than my overclocked 1080ti.

Pete J likes this.
  20. perplekks45

Sounds good, until you remember the common price for new cards is about 60+% higher as well. :grin:

Depending on how much you paid for it, the 2080 Ti can be great value right now.