1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

my masdrop Panda arrived today after waiting eons for them and they sound awesome hard to believe there is no noise cancelling in them

[​IMG]

couldn't resist pre-ordering the the most horrid looking console ever even worse that the atari jaguar and the bog attachment
    [​IMG]

also think i got the xbox preorder still waiting on confirmation email.

[​IMG]

and and electric planer, no battery or dust bag but oh my i really wish i got one of these years ago such a joy to use
    [​IMG]

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Absolutely loving this beast. Just digitised a 300-page Apricot GW-BASIC manual at 300dpi, full colour, in about half an hour - and it only took that long 'cos I had to scan and crop the section dividers manually. The speed of double-sided scanning from the ADF is nuts - I can scan both sides faster than my laser printer can print single-sided.

EDIT:
    Also:

Last edited: 25 Sep 2020
    The_Crapman and Bloody_Pete like this.
  3. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

Just snagged a ps5 pre order from Smyths toys of all places. Should be local pick up on release day. Chuffed.

4. satisfiedwimp

satisfiedwimp Minimodder

That will be PS5!!!!

5. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

a book about games that were never released/canceled/shitcan'ed

[​IMG]

Pete J likes this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So um... yeah... I just bought another one of these from a different seller... :grin:

The last one had issues not mentioned in the listing: screen blemishes, screen discolouration, and some small physical damage. Thankfully this time the return has been far smoother: they authorised the return and sent a return postage label - with the correct weight this time! - within 10 minutes of me raising the issue.

Problem is I really like the look of this machine! Weight is good, the screen is lovely, the touchscreen responsiveness seems spot on, I can upgrade the NVMe SSD and replace the battery (if needed) easily, the keyboard is quite similar to what I'm used to on my work latptop, and I can use the same Type-C docking station my work laptop uses. I just need one which doesn't have little flaws and foibles that are going to piss me off :grin:

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I just got done reviewing that. Interesting stuff, but there are some big omissions and the whole thing needed some major copyediting. Still good, but could have been much better.

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Can we retroactively add games to this book that where bad enough to get cancelled but somehow didn't?

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sounds like a pitch for "Volume 2: The Games That Should Never Have Been"

Yaka and perplekks45 like this.
  10. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

[​IMG]

hopefully looks as good in real life as it does in the picture, wanted somat that looked different for my multi channel class d power amp i am planing on building. i think i may need to make the vent lines go all the way across on the lid

Last edited: 27 Sep 2020
    Mr_Mistoffelees and perplekks45 like this.
  11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Needs moar machining :grin:.

Must have been a fair penny. Looks milled from a solid billet.

12. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

A well deserved treat to myself.
    ETA is December tho :(

Ficky Pucker, Yaka and adidan like this.
  13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Which modules are you opting for?

14. Gareth Halfacree

Didn't purchase it recently, 'cos it's a Kickstarter, but it's only just been delivered:

ElThomsono likes this.
  15. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Ooh reminds me of my siig minitouch, if they managed to fit a big enter/ISO layout in to one of those I'd be all over it!

16. Gareth Halfacree

Seems pretty neat so far. Much lighter than my Filco, which ain't a bad thing 'cos it's supposed to be a portable keyboard, and doesn't feel nearly as crisp. Not terrible, though, and it's got plenty of connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 to two devices, and you can switch between them both with a hot-key; 2.4GHz via a USB receiver hidden under the magnetic logo, which you can *also* switch to with a hot-key; and USB Type-C, which... yeah, hot-key.

Which means it can be connected to four devices simultaneously, switching between them at will. Not sure I'm ever going to need to do that, but it feels good to know I *can*.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Another big pile of wood!

The lady wants a desk that isn't mdf and steel box tube.

18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

32GB Crucial (Micron) TWO 16GB PC4-19200 DDR4 2400 RAM VLP EUDIMM CT16G4XFD824A off of the fleabay

[​IMG]

19. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

either hypex nc400s or more likely ucd400/700 hxr modules

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Dell Premium Active Pen (PN579X)

[​IMG]

Dell Latitude 7275 Keyboard/Case

[​IMG]

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVMe SSD

[​IMG]

First NVMe SSD I ever buy and it ends up being for my laptop! :grin: I doubt I'll get the full speed in my laptop, but if I'm gonna buy a 1TB SSD and I have an NVMe slot available then I'd be crazy not to use it! :)

Arboreal likes this.