1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

My Eon account has £480 credit in. I like this. It saves me worrying about anything to do with it.

I know they have trouble getting to the meters in here so I asked my support worker to read them on her way out and email me them. 3950 KWH.

I go to Eon and try to put it in. It says "Your last meter reading on the 11th July was 4670 KWH you can not input a number lower than this". Great I thought, she's read the wrong meter or the wrong setting. So I went down earlier and went all through the menus, nope, it's 100% 3900 odd.

So I phoned Eon who pointed out the 4600 odd I was billed on it July was an estimate. So now they owe me back whatever 700+ KWH cost me back then and will owe them pretty much nothing for a couple of months.

Touch !

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Nice, even if it is just things working out over time, still never a bad situation to be in. We were set to have smart meters put in (have one for water), but the electrician that they sent out was a lazy f&%^er who didn't really want to do the work so made up all sorts of excuses about the "wrong type" of back board and he couldn't fit another as he couldn't drill the wall (post-war reinforced concrete semi - I manage to drill things just fine...). Meh, doesn't seem to matter much though, our estimated bills are pretty spot on and we send in a meter reading every 6 months or so just to reset things.

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

We're about that in debit with ours and that's even after us insisting on increasing the DD!

Mind you we don't mind, if they want to leave the cash in our account rather than theirs that's no problem.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'd only spend it. For someone like me it's much better in there just for the peace of mind.

adidan likes this.
  5. adidan

Oh I understand. What gets me is we had to basically force on them us paying more :happy:

I guess it's a tactic though, get people to rack up a bit of debt and they can't switch unless they pay it off.

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

My main salary account is club Lloyd’s so get all the benefits you speak of.

I opted for the magazine (just cuz) but the missus bullies me for getting men’s health magazines while being the complete opposite of those on the covers.... Rude

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Carolina Reaper Hot Sauce

Vault-Tec and perplekks45 like this.
  8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Second card paid off today, and probably going to be able to clear my two little bits of catalogue debt also.

Tomorrow is the usual auction day, a really decent quantity of lots going this week (55 on my radar) and I've amassed a decent sum of cash to put towards building up inventory levels, I need to be really tactical in what I buy rather than buying for the sake of buying and make sure I don't let bidding get ahead of knowing its worth. Business is slowing down but I've been able to make at least a sale everyday for well over a month now (102 sold in the past month) in the past 8 weeks I've only had two days with no sales which is pretty good going for an inventory level below 250 listings and working it up part-time.... As I start to get more established I'm trying to look at other opportunities to source inventory. Auction is good but the profit margins can sometimes be negligible and not really worth the effort. I see it at this stage as building up reputation so as long as I make a return Its a learning exercise.

Byron C and Pete J like this.
  9. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Might as well. That massive change I mentioned earlier. Been on these and some others for a while now. Yup I'm MTF trans.

[​IMG]

Currently learning DIY manicure (some of my ladyfriends are jealous of my nails) and laser-based beard-be-gone session 2 is on Saturday. Expensive but worth it.

Being 193cm I'll get strange looks in the future once the proper transition starts. Not my problem.

Even these early stages have massively improved my mental health. Suicide ideation no longer exists in my brainmeats and was able to cut my depression medication by half.

The world became brighter

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Congrats!

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Just remember that not all mods can be achieved with a Dremel.

12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Anyone who has had, or has, severe depression (like me) will understand how good that is.

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Surely to goodness that depends on your dedication to the rotary multitool?

lancer778544 likes this.
  14. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Its called an ax wound for a reason.

Personally that change was massive. Can't really describe it except looks like I have a future now.

IanW, perplekks45, RedFlames and 3 others like this.
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

One of these things is clearly not like the other, yet they are both 1TB hard drives.

Still blows my tiny little mind that you can get so much storage density in such a small form factor.

[​IMG]

That's fantastic to hear/read, it sounds like you've already taken some of the most important steps.

Genuinely nearly spat my coke out at that, not gonna lie! :lol:

16. adidan

A sentence I will never tire of hearing.

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Firefox, KeePassXC, and DuckDuckGo. Moving away from Google is long overdue... I just have to wipe all stored passwords and browsing history from my Google account now; they sure as **** don't make that easy...

18. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I'm watching Army of Darkness, probably haven't seen it in a decade, I'd forgotten how good it is.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  19. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Shop Smart shop S-mart!!

20. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I remember watching it for the first time, having seen Evil Dead 1&2, not quite realising it was a spoof.

The scene where Ash jumps in the air and somehow connects his arm with the chainsaw, it became apparent. Everything thereafter was groovy.