1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

It's here, go-go Amazon same day.

Pros:
    - Actually quite very quiet for a kettle. The marketing blurb makes a point of this, but I had my doubts. Colour me pleasantly surprised.
    - No drips to speak of from the spout
    - It matches the toaster

Cons:
    - Aforementioned 130 cons

Verdict:
    - Yep, it's a kettle.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I never noticed that before.

Paul built mine.

Byron C likes this.
  4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ah, Paul, of course! He's a good sort, that one :lol:

Honestly it was the first thing I noticed when I saw the photos on the product page: "Why the hell have they got a picture of the label on the bottom...? Ohhh riiiight, I see..."

5. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Work is getting on top of me at the moment. I am sick of being in the house constantly, I enjoyed my daily bike ride to the office and we have no space for any sensible working area here. I'm just perched on the end of the dining table.
    I'm in the reporting team and have people from the production teams complaining that my reports are making them look bad. Like somehow its my fault they didn't do their jobs and now their area is failing. Then we have major changes to the reporting measures that need to be in place for month end, though the requirements are changing nearly daily and the wording is very vague/ open to interpretation. On top of all that we are migrating servers in about 2 weeks and are way behind in the testing of that.
    The rest of the team can't even help with the most of it, I asked one of them to look at something I was having an issue with and received a reply along the lines of 'I don't understand how any of that works'.

Though I must say I feel slightly better now for having written it down.

Pete J, Goatee and perplekks45 like this.
  6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Email from MD

"Morning All

You are our Brexit steering team"

Rather steer off a bridge

7. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I don't suppose you're steering the country? If so, could you aim us in the direction of not brexit-ing?

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

They can't do a worse job than the current government.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I dunno, a bucket of dead fish might do a worse job. Although I suppose the argument could be made that the job isn't being done worse, it just smells and looks worse..

perplekks45 likes this.
  10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'd argue that a bucket of dead fish can at least look better than Boris. And I have no intention to get close enough to check the smell.

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Trouble is we'd need a time machine not a steerer, we left the EU a while back.

Now it'd be good if someone could steer us away from transitioning into shite.

12. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Couple nights of really disturbed sleep... my son was up at 1am last night and shortly after jumping around the room like a kangaroo absolutely loving life until 4. Not sure what's gotten into him but this has happened a few times recently...

I can deal with poor sleep, I spent my teenage years going to bed at 2am and waking up just in time to get to work at 7:30. I can usually push on until bed time and just pray I get more than a few hours sleep.

Problem is my partner is the total opposite she copes even less and so suddenly I have two overtired grumpy people to deal with after work.... Oh goody.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oh my sweet summer child... :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screen blemishes, screen discolouration, lumps knocked out of the casing, rear-facing camera farked. None of it mentioned or indicated in the description, of course! I could live with the knocks on the casing, but the screen blemishes bothered me enough to investigate it further; on reflection, it's not something I'd have been happy to accept. Nice machine other than that! :grin:

At least this time it's a business seller and the return seems to be going a lot smoother... Return was authorised and a shipping label sent within about 20 minutes. A far cry from the last time I had to do this...

14. satisfiedwimp

satisfiedwimp Minimodder

Lockdown due to Covid-19 :(

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Not ruining but very annoying, recently sold a bunch of low value jewellery pieces in a row to the same buyer... Two sales one week and two about 10 days later. Got good feedback on one of the sales very quickly after delivery.

He's requested a return on one of the more recent items this morning claiming it didn't fit and the listing was incorrect. Cool, no bother...

I accepted the return but refunded him immediately, in my message it was along the lines of "Hey, sorry about that I'll go check the listing yada yada yada... because of that pesky covid it doesn't make sense to make you take this item to the post office yada yada yada... don't want you catching the rona so therefore toss it in the bin or what not... cheers lad..."

Suddenly he wants to return EVERYTHING! even the item he left good feedback for...

I spy and opportunist...

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Sounds like time to request pictures of the items cut/damaged in ways that make them useless.

17. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

@DeadP1xels - I guess the lesson here is whilst it's nice to be nice and do people a favour, if you're using eBay like a business then you need to treat it as a business - so go through the proper returns song and dance even if it's a bit of a pain. It's there to protect you as much as the buyer.

Alternatively, if you make special dispensation for returns out of the goodness of your heart, be prepared for unscrupulous buyers to take advantage.

Also: telling a buyer to chuck your product in the bin has a touch of the Gerald Ratners about it :grin:

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Meeting with PhD supervisors where I basically said I just don't think I can do it, plenty of mistakes made along the way but this year has really thrown things for a loop.

19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

NOONE goes through a PhD without curveballs. It's a long time to undertake, so something always comes along. IMHO, if you've stuck at it for two years, finish. Don't forget that (unless the rules have changed again), once you finish the first three sponsored years, you can take the next four to finish it in your own time. It's just a bit annoying to have it hanging over you while you work fulltime.

And anyone who says they didn't cry at least once during is lying.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Oh I'm far past that, had my viva last year and needed to complete some extra work and just haven't done it (through a mixture of time/motivation/priorities), got a couple of months left with the aim to check what's required for a MPhil if that's still a possibility so I don't end with nothing, and then go from there.

Pete J likes this.