1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Yet Maw Halo SPV3

I'm on the final level and this is the one that lets the side down a little bit. I can see that the modders were going for a pure horror vibe, but it translates to fumbling about in total darkness, with little to no ammo, whilst waves of Flood spawn just round the corner. They also nerfed the flashlight from Halo CE, which used to have a range of about 50 metres, now it's about 5 or 6. Coupled with the extra areas added to the Pillar of Autumn it's more confusing and frustrating than oppressive and tense. It reminds me very much of the Flood levels from Halo 2 but even darker.

Also, because Sentinels and the Flood weren't enough to cope with, there are 6 Hunters in the engine room. They weren't kidding when they said SPV3 was intended for people who were already familiar with CE and needed a challenge.

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I've gone back to Total War: Warhammer 1, trying to wrap up a Very Hard Greenskins run I gave up on when Warhammer 2 came out.

Presuming my enthusiasm doesn't wane, I'll get that when it leaves the Epic store. I say "presuming" because I swore I'd get Rebel Galaxy Outlaw as soon as it left the Epic exclusive period... but having watched a few YouTube vids of it, I'm left with a resounding, "meh", so haven't bothered.

I'd like remasters of THPS3 and 4 as well (have particularly fond memories of THPS2 and 3...)

If EA wanted to improve the goodwill I have toward them from the C&C Remaster... they should release the Skate games on PC. I put so many hours into Skate on my PS3. Probably about even with Disgaea 3...

3. knarF

knarF Noob

Started playing Ruiner last night and I love it. Reminds me a little of Hotline Miami despite it being completely different.
    I must admit I got it on PS4, just feels like a game better suited to consoles to me, but I do agree the things being on the Epic store is a bit of a turn-off, the app just sucks, crashes at random for me reasonably often. Really hope they do THPS3 too, I spent way more time on that than the others back in the day.

Paradigm Shifter likes this.
  4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Only games I play on consoles are racers and JRPGs. I can't handle first person on a controller.

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I'm playing No Mans Sky. I never thought it would happen when I saw the release days reviews, but the game is actually good now. I thought I'd give it a chance at half price and I've been playing it for days. It is surprisingly more-ish. I go mining for reasource I need, then get distracted digging up artifacts. Then I build a base into a mountain and do a few story missions and the day is gone. Poof.

6. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Just completed System Shock 2.
    What a game.

Gareth Halfacree and Fizzban like this.
  7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

For realsies? Duuuuuude! Congratulations!

Never too late to play a game. I wish I had a fireworks emote :D

[Edit] I found them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Oct 2020
    SuperHans123 likes this.
  8. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

I'd started and ditched it many times over the years due to the steep learning curve.
    With the texture packs etc it looks really decent now.
    It's an incredible game. The depth and challenges you face and the sheer variety puts modern games to shame.

9. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Black Mesa, the new zen levels are gorgeous and the gameplay is interesting.

Pete J likes this.
  10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Started playing a bit on the alpha of Baldur's Gate 3.
    So far it's looking to be a good representation of the D&D 5th Edition rules... they need to work out a way to prevent players from cheesing combat by splitting up the party and having characters stealth an attack outside of initiative, but other than that the mechanics seem almost spot on.

The game has a few really bad issues... like sections of the game not having sound, characters with important quest items falling through the world when you kill them, the inventory glitching and causing items to vanish, the camera focusing on a character in combat and then getting stuck under the world or behind some scenery.
    Kind of surprised how buggy it is when they're using the engine from Divinity Original Sin 2 and many of the existing assets from that game.

Probably going to have a break from it for a little while until they release a major patch.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Spent several hours on Saturday afternoon modding Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (this guide) and made it look.... probably about as good as a 17 year old game is going to get without a ground-up remake (click to embiggen:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

God, I'd forgotten how good this game is.

GeorgeStorm likes this.
  12. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Finally did a replay of Kotor2 this year with TSLRCM, both such good games.
    Never played the original with mods though, may have to give it another play through!

For me it's For the King, got it free via twitch prime last year I think and played it a bit and really enjoyed it, found out you can do online co-op and so my brother got a copy for us both to play on steam together and we're absolutely loving it.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I started by looking for mods that add controller support to the PC version; before I knew it I had spent three to four hours adding that massive list of mods and I still don't have controller support! :grin:

GeorgeStorm likes this.
  14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Star Wars: Fallen Republic mod for Stellaris, its actually quite good, the ships are modeled beautifully!

Paradigm Shifter and Byron C like this.
  15. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Decided to go back and do another new start on No Man's Sky since the Origins update has been released, it's probably one of my favourite chill out games at the moment.
    It's slightly therapeutic wandering around a planet, scanning things and gathering resources.

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Still on TW3 again. Just a couple of mods for extra pretty, no 'cheats' or combat changes.

Yeah, so about 40 hours in and not even been to see Triss yet. #easilydistracted

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well, that's Knights of the Old Republic done. Time to move on to Knights of the Old Republic II :grin: (plus the restored content mod, of course).

18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

In a sentence that surprises me, I'm playing Genshin Impact, and quite enjoying it. Definitely some heavy "inspiration" from BOTW, but feels like a totally different game. And a good one at that IMO, at least once you get past some of the slightly cringey (though fantastically rendered) characters.

I've not yet got to the bit where it makes me homeless - some sources suggest it can get a bit grindy in the endgame without opening your wallet, but other's saying that if you adopt a certain playstyle there's nothing of the sort. We'll see.

19. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

well i have been trying to play watchdogs legion, if the game wouldnt keep dropping to desktop every 30- mins to an hour.

Done the new patch, updated nvidia drivers, tried dx 11 and 12, lowered graphics to medium at lowest to see if it made a different.... nope. Still not able to play this. Not amused

(ryzen 2700x, gtx1080)

20. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

I cleared cod finally I can now free 250gb of space

boiled_elephant likes this.