1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electricity, not always our friend

Discussion in 'General' started by whypick1, 14 Dec 2003.

1. Arien

Arien What's a Dremel?

but have you don't have the experiance of being there to say that sort of sound could not be created from a electricity jump like that.

Never know.. could be a building either side of the camera?

2. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

looks fake to me too... :\

3. penski

penski BodMod

That sound would need to be created by a parrallel surface infront and behind the camera (with the camera and the sound source inbetween the surfaces)

And the camera is only about 100 feet or so from the sound source... Not far enough to create such a delay.

*n

4. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

looks more like 200 to 300 judge by the size of the humans in the lower left at the end...

It arcs like that because there is a load, and the entire structure is ceramic except for the leads

He said High voltage, as in 10 000 or greater...

a lot of that noise could be coming from the transformers to the left, you can just see them.....

and I think that loop sound is someone going WHOOP!

5. B|@c|<|c3

B|@c|<|c3 What's a Dremel?

I think what you hear buzzing is something off to the side. have you ever listened to your psu as its powered on, with nothing plugged in? you can hear buzzing, I think thats almost the same, but higher voltage....

idk...

thats soo cool, but is it safe for the machinery? what exactly are they doing?

6. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

Yeah, just slightly higher ;)

I don't care if it is fake...in fact, I kinda hope it is....so we can see more cool sparky stuff!

I'd love to have something like that in my PC (no, not one of those crappy kingwin cathodes).

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

10k-100k aint it in power lines?

8. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

ahahahhaa

that is so cool

especially one of the brown-trousered guys going "Whoo!" at the end lol :d

9. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

I had a circuit diagram to make a solid state tesla coil using a bit of thick copper wire, a old microwave and a few diodes :thumb: don' t think i will post it on here thou.

10. malcs

dude. email that to me NOW.. i have an old microwave.. and Sky left their big reel of co-ax cable (copper) at my house.... it has a solid copper core.... and im sure i could find some diodes somewhere

11. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Just a thing.... why was it only one of those lines that was all arcy... two why did it go up and just stop dead... and why didn't it just stay between those two points...

12. malcs

cos its cool

like you :D

13. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

It seems to be a Bigg ass breaker for a huge high voltage electrical source.

When it breaks teh arms retract, and because it has a load the electricity arcs across the leads... At stelco they have 500 and 1kv switches, and if they are under load the copper knives used to make electrical contact can become so hot when switched off that the copper vaporizes and the switch blows itself off the wall.. This is only 500V people, you are looking at > 10KV probably closer to 100KV

Why does it travel upwards, electricity follows the path of least resistance, that path just happened to be the random line of air molecules that it followed, Asking why it bowed upwards is analagous to asking why lightning can strike at any partiocular angle, it just does. The upwards air current from the warm desert floor probably sends the air molecules upwards, and since the source and sink cant move (at either end) the center can, so the random line of molecules moves upwards...

14. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

:eeek: :jawdrop:

cool movie clip - not sure if it's real or not (the people walking don't seem surprised at all) but it's cool lookin none the less

15. Arien

Arien What's a Dremel?

just one question i wanna ask.. isn't it a coinsidence the camera was filming this?

It's like those retardidly predictible and unfunny clips on u've been framed.. so obvious they were set up.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ahh someone on the same wavelength at least :D Nice explanation ;)

17. Laffco

Laffco What's a Dremel?

look at they guys who go woooop they well new it was happening as well so maybe it was expected just better than they thourght

18. ocha

ocha Minimodder

that vid is scary. Not sure if its real but very impressive all the same. I have a feeling it could be fake but hmmm you never know.

G{u}ns

19. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

bandwidth exceeded :sigh:

Can anyone email it to me please?

20. ocha

ocha Minimodder

ill be home in a few hours and will do then if no one else has before

G{u}ns