1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Articles without forums

Discussion in 'General' started by ModSquid, 15 Oct 2020.

1. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Well, hello!

Not really sure where to post this as it's a general article-related question, but for what I assume are obvious reasons, I can't post it in that section.

Why is it that some articles (talking specifically about the "Thoughts on RTX launch" one from the other day at the moment) either have no forum thread (error message appears), or have a "You do not have access to this page" message flag up when trying to use the "Discuss in forums" link at the bottom of the piece? Have those pages just not been created, or is it something sinister on my end?

2. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

where's that bleeding doge gone ?

... and it's not just you - i get the same thing on the Thoughts on RTX launch article.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's a bug. Basically, back in the days of the old CMS the discussion threads were made by hand - which was incredibly annoying when you were publishing a piece at oh-dark-hundred when an embargo expired, as it meant you had to be awake at oh-dark-hundred. It also meant you could - and I did, often - forget, and there'd be no discussion thread.

It's automated these days, but the thing that sends the forum thread live after the article's been published sometimes breaks - so there is a forum thread but it's in a hidden staging area waiting to be automatically moved to Article Discussion, hence the access denied error.

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Forum Thread: Special Ops

5. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ooh! I will wade in over there in that case, just as a wind-up.

Watch my back.

EDIT: There. I told him.

Last edited: 15 Oct 2020