1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Enpoo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vault-Tec, 30 Sep 2020.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

OK so the RGB is finished. The adapter for the pump top arrived yesterday.

[​IMG]

However I am having issues. Sometimes when I launch a game the rig freezes. Sometimes when I exit a game and go back to the menu it freezes. This morning it was random freezing.

Normally I would be perplexed. However, yesterday when playing SOTTR I got an error message that said "Your graphics card driver crashed etc". I am 90% it's the Cooler Master ribbon. I had issues with it before. They seem to be a one shot deal. IE, if you start bending on them etc they break. They are the early type, and a bit crap. So I ordered this.

[​IMG]

Because that is the best way of doing it. Not only are the cables encased in rubber and split (so it bends easy without putting stress on the wires) but the ends are both reinforced too.

If that doesn't solve it? then it is the RAM. Which I have already decided I am not replacing any time soon so I will just have to live with it. Oddly in the 14 hours I gamed yesterday I only had the one crash in game. However, like I said I've seen dodgy ribbons before so I am pretty certain that is what is going on.

2. Vault-Tec

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Ribbons can really make a difference. The cheap chineseum one I had before had to be wrapped foil before it would work properly and even then there were moments my pc would crap it's pants which I'm sure was down to that now. Since being replaced with a Corsair unit I've had no problems and had a significant increase in performance.

4. Vault-Tec

It was junk tbh. They are literally like single use, then they break.

It was foil wrapped and it does work with low power GPUs but every time I have ever used a fast GPU in it it's been nothing but crashing. The new one came yesterday. I had to snip the bracket a bit with the tin snips but it's all in and I have not had a single crash since. It usually crashed when loading a game, or exiting back to the menu. I've been playing a lot of SOTTR recently and yeah, lots of crashes. Only crashed once in game though, and I got a message saying "Your video driver has crashed, could be down to lack of VRAM" but yeah, that just made it 100% for me.

I've done about 6 hours in PUBG as well and nothing.

Now the RGB strip in the distro is playing up lmao. You couldn't friggin make it up.

5. Vault-Tec

Enpoo is finished ! I also decided that maybe I should take the Herman Miller pedestal I originally bought for my flat at home out of the living room, where it has been an island for about three months.

[​IMG]

I can't believe I didn't do it sooner tbh. It's brilliant, there is the guts of an entire EATX PC in just the bottom drawer alone !

As for Enpoo?

[​IMG]

I had some good luck. Apparently the LEDs in the CPU block are not dead at all, you just totally can't see them through the black coolant lmao.

Soz missed a bit. I peeled the decals off the PSU, then spent about three hours designing new ones. Then looked at it and thought "Nope, looks brilliant just like that"

[​IMG]

I must be getting old.

Last edited: 25 Oct 2020
    The_Crapman likes this.
  6. Vault-Tec

After spending ages and ages trying to find a block for the GPU before and getting nowhere I figured it would never happen. As much as the PC is very quiet the GPU fans do become audible over the ambient noise. Which is annoying. It's not offensive, but it is a noise and a different noise. So I started digging again and I came across this site.

https://hybridcooling-modding.fr/

They seem to specialize in water blocks for cards that don't have them. Which is cool, as they do a block for my card.

[​IMG]

Which has been designed and made deliberately to fit my card. I spoke to the owner Valdus, and he is a really nice guy. So I have ordered it, and it should arrive sometime next week.

7. Vault-Tec

Remember this? no, me either. It has taken so long to come I almost forgot I bought it fgs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should be able to get it in soon.